Trobs

Heavy Tank No. VI

I bought it because I'm an idiot and also because I'd rather have a semi-decent Jap heavy crew prior to their release.  I'm certain I'll hate every minute of playing in the thing, just like I did in the Chi-Nu-Kai or whatever it was that was released prior to the Jap medium line, but it was definitely nice to have a trained crew when I free xp'd the line.

I figured there would be something on the stats of the tank unless I missed it.

It occurs to me this is the japanese tiger. I was thinking it was going to be called some sort of tiger.

Also where are you seeing 17usd? It says about 20usd for me.

I had an email with it for $17 but if I go through the normal store link it's $20. Weird.

Figured it out. The email link took me to the EU site. It's $3 cheaper on EU. booooooo

I had an email with it for $17 but if I go through the normal store link it's $20. Weird.

Figured it out. The email link took me to the EU site. It's $3 cheaper on EU. booooooo

And that's not even the difference between euro and usd. 1 Euro is 1.09 usd so that would come to like 18.5usd. RIP people of the americas.

so let me get this straight: You get ONE offer that is ONE dollar more expensive on NA and you complain.
Meanwhile you also get

a) better specials (I realize that this is subjective, but just look at the mission accompanying a top of the tree. Eu doesn't get that.)

b) skirmishes. There is no such thing on EU. So you have to earn gold via CW or some other tournament.

c) gift shop offers. Remember the Berlin tanks? EU got the ISU in a different bundle. Total price for all four exceeded the NA price.
Combine that with the fact that until some time ago NA had the same size CW map for less than half the server population and you might forgive me if I rage at NA players complaining once they have ONE offer that is worse than EU.
You are spoiled and don't realize it.

Spoiler is rage. Please ignore unless you complained about EU getting one better offer.
From what I have seen in pubs today (with "performance optimisations" forcing me to change graphics quality from medium to low on a 1GB graphics card, 2Ghz i7 8GB RAM rig) this thing seems decent enough, but not great.

Careful of this....

I used that kind of email to buy the "quartet", the quartet didn't show up in the garage, so I submitted a ticket. Ticket comes back "you purchased it under your EU account". Uhhhh..what EU account? 5 tickets and 3 weeks later, they show up in my garage.

Hidden Content

Spoiler is rage. Please ignore unless you complained about EU getting one better offer.
From what I have seen in pubs today (with "performance optimisations" forcing me to change graphics quality from medium to low on a 1GB graphics card, 2Ghz i7 8GB RAM rig) this thing seems decent enough, but not great.

I actually wasn't around during the whole quartet thing, so no I don't remember that. As for the missions they are fairly even sometimes y'all get better missions other times we get better missions. I just don't know why they can't be more consistent between the two servers.

So... I played my first game.

Even though it felt like an average game, it still dominated the battlefield. Although, it will get recked at tier 8. (played with stock 100% crew, vent/rammer/optic, small repair/med, auto extinguisher, fired standard ammo only)

cV5oHgw.jpg

Will upload video of the game in about 30-40 minutes.

Hidden Content

Can agree with you. EU most of the time gets shit on by WG just because they can. RU has the best specials, best cash shop offers and so on, NA also had nice deals but EU we usually get expensive as hell packages. It's like Steam somehow where €=$ so we pay more for the same games cause taxes.

But yeah, EU finally gets and offer without useless stuff bundled with, still I heard it's an "immobile ammorack", lel. don't take my advise though because I haven't driven one.

Does it come with a 100% crew, or a bunch of 50% scrubs?

Haven't logged into the game yet to see :)

Does it come with a 100% crew, or a bunch of 50% scrubs?

50%, had to retrain with gold to 100%.

Anyway, as I said earlier, uploaded my first game in it, felt like a "meh" game, but wasn't that bad after all.

So, my setup for my very first match:

Stock 100% crew, vent/rammer/optic, small repair/med, auto extinguisher, fired standard ammo only.

The game: (warning, video might take a long time for youtube to process to 1080p, so it might not be available at first)

cV5oHgw.jpg

Now, at tier 6:

+ Very great gun, good handling, alpha, and dpm, overall very great.

+ Good armor for a tier 6, angled that 100mm can bounce a few shots.

+ Good view range, surprisingly, for a heavy.

+ A whole lot of hp (950 to be precise).

+ Quite mobile for a tier 6 heavy (compared to others).

+ Great credit maker (made 42K after repairs and reload on that lost, so imagine on a win).

- Very big for a tier 6 (not tog-like big, but still towering over everyone else), you will be an easy target to aim at.

- Obvious arty target (tier 6 have fast firing, precise arties, so a big juicy bag of hp like that will be aimed at).

At tier 7:

I expect most +'s to become neutral "meh" aspects, the credit making ability should remain.

At tier 8:

The tank will become pretty much a punching bag, being too slow, too few armored, lacking penetration even on gold, it will get out-classed by the specialized tier 8s and dispatched fast if not played very carefully.

TL-DR: the tank is a good credit-maker, beast at tier 6, but will be trash in tier 8 battles. Beware of arties.

Might be worth the pickup. No real motivation to push to the STB, but I definitely want the Japanese heavies. I have my STA-1 crew languishing in the garage.

Maybe if I get drunk enough tonight I will start up a stronghold and do "slowbois" instead of fastbois.  This tank with Togs and dicker max.

Now, at tier 6:

+ Very great gun, good handling, alpha, and dpm, overall very great.

+ Good armor for a tier 6, angled that 100mm can bounce a few shots.

+ Good view range, surprisingly, for a heavy.

+ A whole lot of hp (950 to be precise).

+ Quite mobile for a tier 6 heavy (compared to others).

+ Great credit maker (made 42K after repairs and reload on that lost, so imagine on a win).

- Very big for a tier 6 (not tog-like big, but still towering over everyone else), you will be an easy target to aim at.

- Obvious arty target (tier 6 have fast firing, precise arties, so a big juicy bag of hp like that will be aimed at).

At tier 7:

I expect most +'s to become neutral "meh" aspects, the credit making ability should remain.

At tier 8:

The tank will become pretty much a punching bag, being too slow, too few armored, lacking penetration even on gold, it will get out-classed by the specialized tier 8s and dispatched fast if not played very carefully.

TL-DR: the tank is a good credit-maker, beast at tier 6, but will be trash in tier 8 battles. Beware of arties.

Pretty much this, although all my fights in it so far were completely atrocious due to teams going down faster than I can reload a second shell and, except for the first match, always being in T8-fights. It could really do with an accuracy buff though, as the 88/L56 is somewhat lacking in penetration and likes to behave like a diva, when it comes to accuracy. The low shell velocity and high turret traverse disperson aren't helping either.

I caved in and bought it.
Had a lot of fun in mine (despite atrocious performance after 9.9).
As others stated it really sucks in T8, but the armor + DPM + alpha is amazing in a T6/T7 battle.
Tiger armor also seems to work really well against T6 guns (interestingly so better than I remember from the Tiger H o_o).

Tank is solid/8 and certainly good enough to train a crew.
Also: I think this might fare quite well in stronks since the armor is actually quite good for a T6. 

It's pretty much a Tiger H with the short 88, right? That gun will probably require a lot of apcr rounds even against T6 heavies and anything above that. I like the idea of having the Tiger's armor actually be decent for it's tier. The one in game is very good but having high DPM and HP to offset the terrible armor for its tier does not represent the historical Tiger very well.  I think I would enjoy this tank, but I want to see how the Japanese heavies turn out before I think about shekeling out for it.

Am currently training the core of my future HT crew (judging from the size of the tank, I'll be missing at least 1 guy) on the Chi-nu + Chi-nu-Kai, I'll probably switch to that tank this week-end, because tier V in mediocre tanks is horrible. :(