Trobs

Heavy Tank No. VI

i actually like this thing a lot, it's an absolute animal when you're top tier, not too bad in t7 and, well it's kinda shit in t8s but none of the prems without pref mm are that good when it's a +2 match so i don't weight this too heavily.  with that being said it actually has workable armor when you're top tier, 80 mm side armor means you can sidescrape like a boss and take quick snapshots or, just angling your front you can bounce many things below you and even some other 6s.  gun is actually pretty good and the dpm is very nice. my biggest issue is that carrying at t6 in general can be inconsistent because of the playerbase that stays there mostly, but it's still fun nonetheless.  

i actually like this thing a lot, it's an absolute animal when you're top tier, not too bad in t7 and, well it's kinda shit in t8s but none of the prems without pref mm are that good when it's a +2 match so i don't weight this too heavily.  with that being said it actually has workable armor when you're top tier, 80 mm side armor means you can sidescrape like a boss and take quick snapshots or, just angling your front you can bounce many things below you and even some other 6s.  gun is actually pretty good and the dpm is very nice. my biggest issue is that carrying at t6 in general can be inconsistent because of the playerbase that stays there mostly, but it's still fun nonetheless.  

So you think its worth getting? (Though I will probably wait till its in the store and pick it up with tourney winnings)

Can you please upload some replays? I literally can not get this thing to work whatsofuckingever. Gun shoots everywhere except for center reticle and the armor doesn't even deter T5s for me...

This seems like what the Tiger should have been from the start - if I remember correctly the short 88 was the historical gun.  Putting this at tier 6 means it gets to fight some of the more historical contemporaries, i.e. M4 and variants, T-34 variants, KVs, etc.

I certainly won't pay real money for this tank, but if it becomes available for gold in-game I might take a closer look (particularly if the Jap heavy line looks interesting).  I do have a Jap crew doing nothing on the STA...

I realy like this tank. It bounces almost everything in tier. the only issue is ARTY which likes to shoot a big box.....

The credit rate seems off, compared to other T6 prems. Anyone else getting that vibe?

Yes. Slower games and less earning than the Bromwell/Rudy. Seems it earns less even shooting normal ammo and doing similar damage. Just a feeling though, no science behind it.

Can you please upload some replays? I literally can not get this thing to work whatsofuckingever. Gun shoots everywhere except for center reticle and the armor doesn't even deter T5s for me...

i feel you, i was excited for this prem but i cant seem to make it work. for me its the fact that most tanks of the same tier and even lower pen me even when im angled 

Sigh... nicely found by whoever...

If you have one, I suggest you *WIGGLE WIGGLE* that turret!
If you meet one... HE those 0 mm mantlet edges.

GG Wargaming... nice quality control.

Sigh... nicely found by whoever...

If you have one, I suggest you *WIGGLE WIGGLE* that turret!
If you meet one... HE those 0 mm mantlet edges.

GG Wargaming... nice quality control.

Yeah you keep shooting HE there, when I'm in front of you. I'll have a hearty laugh, knowing that there's an additional layer of 100m of solid steel behind the spaced armor.

Yeah you keep shooting HE there, when I'm in front of you. I'll have a hearty laugh, knowing that there's an additional layer of 100m of solid steel behind the spaced armor.

Point is -> WG screwed up and that 100 mm of steel is NOT behind it... watch the vid. it's a fubared model again. Or read Ritastatusreport blog

It definitely should be fixed, but it seems extremely hard to take advantage of. You need to have a howitzer, be up close to a japanese tiger, neither of you can be moving, and the base case scenario is you do 200 damage... or you just HEAT the cupola (which is several times bigger of a target) for 350. If you want to stick with HE, its almost never a better idea to shoot that instead of the roof/base of cupola, which will do almost 200 damage anyway and is easier to hit.

With AP it's just a silly thing that you might do on accident once, another case of "never worth trying". It's a 0mm hole you have to be diagnol to to hit, and if you miss you're going to hit a 160mm of armor.

Point is -> WG screwed up and that 100 mm of steel is NOT behind it... watch the vid. it's a fubared model again. Or read Ritastatusreport blog

Yeah, my fault. I trusted the Tank Inspector numbers, which shows the plate behind at 100mm.

Just a quick FYI on the bugged 0 armour mantlet, it's been hotfixed and now has the proper armour values.

I'm on mobile so I can't post proof, but Ritas Blog shows that it's been fixed. Also, an ace tanker defeat was rough yesterday in this. Apparently SerB trolled 4 of my APCR shots into a StuG III G's tracks twice, it's mantlet once, and a miss.

At 200m. Fuck me. My tank was fucked anyways, but that felt really shitty to see.

Isn't this particular abortion wagon supposed to be on sale for gold now? I thought the plan was 1 patch cycle in the gift shop, and then they become available to buy for gold? Why the sudden change/no mention of it anywhere? I was actually going to pick one of these up for dicking around.

I'm pretty sure WG is moving to a system where premium tanks can only be purchased through the gift shop or won through missions.

I'm pretty sure WG is moving to a system where premium tanks can only be purchased through the gift shop or won through missions.

Annoying, considering the gift shop first patch was a pretty damn good compromise, but they are definitely starting to squeeze on the revenue side of things.

It's on sale for gold now :D

Yeeee hype hype hype. Also im pretty sure they just straight up forgot about the tank existing when they released 9.10 and that's why it wasn't there.

It's not bad... but with the O-I being superior in nearly every way, its not worth buying. Getting it pre-9.10 let me grind a decent crew to start in, but it hasn't left the garage since.