Intumesce

M4A1 Revalorisé - New French Tier 8 Tank

So this is probably the FCM's replacement, which means the FCM is finally being removed!!! WOOOOOT!!!!

Its a medium though. Why would they replace a heavy trainer with a medium?

Why are they introducing this tank when they already have the CDC as a med Crew trainer at tier 8 on the French line? is this going to be a reward tank for something or are they pulling the CDC from the store prematurely.... or is this in fact a heavy tank and they are trolling us by calling it a medium and it is really the replacement for the 50t?

So many questions.

Why are they introducing this tank when they already have the CDC as a med Crew trainer at tier 8 on the French line? is this going to be a reward tank for something or are they pulling the CDC from the store prematurely.... or is this in fact a heavy tank and they are trolling us by calling it a medium and it is really the replacement for the 50t?

So many questions.

I rather doubt any Sherman hull, even the Jumbo, will be classified as a heavy by Wargaming. I expect this vehicle is being put in because it's been asked for frequently, particularly in light of their performance during the Six Days War and Yom Kippur War, the latter of which saw them killing tanks two decades newer than the Sherman, built by a nation that was once the US's ally, not far from where the Sherman first saw action at El Alamein 31 years earlier in aid of that same former ally. It's almost poetic.

I don't even need a french med trainer but I'd still kind of like to get one. Can tolerate a long reload as long as the gun handling ends up being good.

I sense WG is either going to completely ditch its old unwritten rule of "two premium tanks of the same nation, class, and tier can't be regularly available at the same time", which also means that the Skorpion and KJP may both come out....

...or that this thing will be a one-time-only type of thing in the shop like the Berlin vehicles or something. 

This tank has been buffed as of the most recent test server.

Terrain resistance got changed to 1 / 1.1 / 2.1 from the old 1.1 / 1.2 / 2.5

On the move accuracy changed to 0.18 from 0.20

Turret dispersion changed to 0.16 from 0.18

And to top it all off, gun depression was buffed from -5° to -7°

This tank has been buffed as of the most recent test server.

Terrain resistance got changed to 1 / 1.1 / 2.1 from the old 1.1 / 1.2 / 2.5

On the move accuracy changed to 0.18 from 0.20

Turret dispersion changed to 0.16 from 0.18

And to top it all off, gun depression was buffed from -5° to -7°

Where are my 330 pen heat rounds like the 416? :(

At least the depression change is nice. 

Wow, those changes actually look really nice.

Yeah, the gun depression buff in particular put this tank back on the map for me. -5 on a T8 Sherman chassis was just not going to work.

I'm sure we've heard about or seen the video (p)reviews on this upcoming tier 8 French premium medium tank, the M4A1 Revalorisé.

In case you haven't seen some of the reviews:   M4A1 Revalorise review by The Mighty Jingles    M4A1 Revalorise review by Quickybaby

So, a 105mm gun with 200mm APCR penetration for 390 DPS mounted on a Sherman tank with no preferential matchmaking.

What's (not) to like? Is it worth it? And will the nickname "Charles de Gaulle" catch on? The CDG maybe?

Tbh by looking at the video, it's just a t-34-3 with no armor, but a better gun, slightly better gun dep., and SMM removed.Tbh if it had a lot better ROF, I would consider it a good tank.

Even though I love the look of the tank and the concept as well, if you learn to handle the bad gun depression, a t-34-3 is going to be better for almost every situation you can get into, thanks to its SMM.

Edit: Rip, didn't notice the the post above me, imagine I posted this in that thread.

Edited by GamerDaPro

Screw that thing, another premium with a shit gold round on a platform poorly suited to anything but frontal engagements. So many of new premiums lately seem like they were purposely designed to be useless when low tier-if even competitive at all. I got trolled by the Panther 8,8 that's enough for me.

It's just baffling really. This thing has a much higher caliber gun than the FCM and CDC yet gets lower penetration on both standard rounds and gold rounds for whatever reason. Yes the IS-6 gets worse pen but it has its armor and profile to balance the bad pen (not to mention pref MM). Low pen on a high caliber gun can be a nice balancing mechanism, but I don't see anything else that this tank can use well in its favor. 7 degrees depression is nice, but not great for a Sherman turret and hull which are paper at the tier.

It just seems fitting that this would get a high pen gun (~240 for standard, ~285 for gold), because with its poor chassis and potentially deadly firepower it looks like the Firefly's equivalent two tiers higher, and the Firefly has fantastic pen for its tier.

Ectar wrote something about it in the EU Forum.

Hi guys, just to let you know there won't be any further collectors gems of the week.  We are limited with regards to what tanks we have available and doing repeat offers for what the community view as common tanks (such as KV-5 or Kv-220) isn't something we want to do.  These tanks and packages were intended to appeal more to collectors and people willing to pay a bit more, rather than the average player looking to pick up a tank for a cheaper price. I know to some people that's an unpopular option, but we have to always look at making packages and offers to suit all desires. Obviously everyone given the chance would like rare premium tanks for as cheap as possible, but when everyone has someone and has it easily, it very quickly isn't rare. The vehicles we've sold in the past as "collectors gems" might return later and some may even be for sale as just the tank on it's own. I can also confirm that the Revalorise is planned to be sold in EU but at a later date, but not too far away.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/529930-collector’s-gem-of-the-week-tomorrow/page__st__80__pid__11509427#entry11509427

So it wont be any reward like the T-22.

Why they made the pen as garbage as it is, we will never know.

Its not like the Obj 416 exists or anything, with ridiculous dpm and standard 100mm HEAT pen values.

Edited by Cunicularius