soo my roccat kone xtd finaly died on me afther left clicking to hard ( no serious i actualy left clicked to hard now the button is jammed)

and i'm in need of a new gaming mouse

-has to be all round purpuse

-doest break down in 2 weeks

- can handle stronk rage

price is no issue

I like my g500s, but I'm thinking of donating it to my brother and purchasing the G502 Proteus Core (even though I'm not a big fan of its 'gamer' aesthetic). 

Toms Hardware and Amazon shoppers seem to love the mouse. Anyone here have it? 

I like my g500s, but I'm thinking of donating it to my brother and purchasing the G502 Proteus Core (even though I'm not a big fan of its 'gamer' aesthetic). 

Toms Hardware and Amazon shoppers seem to love the mouse. Anyone here have it? 

bro i literally just bought a G502 Proteus Core off Amazon (no prime day deal sadly but prime day was gay anyways) yesterday and it came in the mail today and I came here to suggest it.

it's pretty dank, the weights are fucking weird and I don't understand why they matter (ended up putting all five in anyways) but having the extra buttons is nice for when I actually need them since now I can have a comms button separate from my forward/back browsing buttons and still have a few left over for DPI switching, etc..., feels good to hold in my hand and it's not wireless so batteries/transmission lag will never be an issue.

As for durability, i can't say as far as rage is concerned but logitech tends to make pretty hardy and long-lasting stuff, I've got a cheap $10 walmart mouse from them that's nearly 8 years old and still going strong.  I do hear that the higher-end ones develop a double-clicking problem after a while but "a while" generally meant 3-5 years so it might not be an issue for most people.

Also, the software is really nice because you can remap the extra buttons to literally anything, if I wanted to I could remap the dpi switches (something I couldn't do with my previous Mionix Naos) to instant-repair tracks or a button for my fire extinguisher or some shit, which is also nice because I never really plan on using the DPI switches.

Tl;dr for the OP: you can't go wrong with a logitech mouse for the most part

I think the double click issue was mostly associated with a single generation of G mice, and it occurred for a minority. 

And I agree that in general Logitech mice are pretty durable. 

I personally think razer is overpriced trash, but to be honest it's pretty decent build quality even though it's still overpriced.  

I do know that their synapse software is literal trash though, my roommate had so many fucking problems with it (including a double-clicking problem that was solved by uninstalling Synapse).  There was also some hubbub about it being almost literal spyware a couple years ago, dunno what happened with that afterwards.

You're still better off going logitech as far as bang for your buck is concerned

I also JUST got this mouse (G502 Proteus Core) because of all the raving reviews. I like everything about it so far, except for the scroll wheel. Has two settings, 'free' where it spins clean, and another setting where it has detents. I started with the detents and didn't like it because it feels 'clunky'. Switched to free, and had all kinds of problems... it's hard to control the zoom so I was always where I didn't want to be as far as magnification. So now am back to detents and getting used to it.

I also had the dpi switch by accident during a game, went to 2400? Couldn't hit anything. Disabled those buttons so as not to accidentally do that again.

I like the mouse though, I didn't add the extra weights as it seemed fine without them, and I prefer a lighter mouse anyway.

For the last 6 or so months I have been using my g502 and would recommend it to anyone one. The sensor is like no mouse ive ever used sharp and no issues regardless of the surface its on. As Dom1no mentioned the scroll wheel was a little stiff at first but after a month or two its perfect (or I got used to it). I have large hands and I find the mouse comfortable. The only thing I dislike is the positioning of the rearmost buttons with my grasp I can't use them without adjusting my whole hand.

I just use a bog stock logitech wireless, cheep just like me. All my $ went into my new rig 

so I can't afford a fancy one yet. creates some funny situations when the batterys die...

I keep a box of AA's on my desk at ALL times...

Logitech G500 here, it's amazing. The G502 looks a little... unnecessary. Like Lambourghini designed it. Logitech products in general are fantastic though, you can't go wrong.

I'd always have a wired mouse. Apart from the batteries/charging issue, I can't be trusted with a mouse that isn't physically tethered to my desktop at all time. I'd end up absent mindedly wandering downstairs with it and leaving it in the fridge or something.

Im using a Roccat Kone Pure. Only issue i had with it was the drivers making the cursor glitch around the screen by itself occasionally and making it crash a few times so i had to unplug it and replug it back in. That was fixed by simply not using the driver for it, and it is amazing. Extremely comfortable, nice to hold, smooth, has a really light click as well, doesn't require much pressure at all. Its robust, had it for 2 years. 

It does have a soft matte finish though, so it can get dirty from persperation and stuff. You just have to give it a light wash every moth or so though and its fine. I recommend it. 

Logitech mice are cool, but i have never found one that feels comfortable in my hand. The Kone Pure is perfect though. 

I bought a Cyborg RAT 7 a while (2 years) ago, because it looked so fancy.

It's cool to be able to adjust it to the size of your hand and also to add or remove weight.

In the beginning it had some driver issues (they sometimes crashed), but they are gone.

I really like the thing. And you surely will not be able to break or damage it :)

Also, all I have seen and heard about Razor products are bad things. Bad quality, them breaking after 2 months, sensors going haywire, driver issues, etc etc. Frankly, I've used and felt a few of their headsets as well. They have all felt cheap and sort of chinese-ey, same with Turtle beach stuff. They feel light, not like they are designed to be light, but low quality light. 

I bought a Cyborg RAT 7 a while (2 years) ago, because it looked so fancy.

It's cool to be able to adjust it to the size of your hand and also to add or remove weight.

In the beginning it had some driver issues (they sometimes crashed), but they are gone.

I really like the thing. And you surely will not be able to break or damage it :)

I used one of those for years.  Finally retired it.  I liked all of the customization options.  It had its share of issues though.  Near the end, it would simply stop tracking for a few seconds, or only track up/down.  Had a tendency to double click on single clicks too.  But Mine saw quite a bit of travel and other abuse.

A G502 costs over a hundred dollars here (~80 USD). :(

I bought an m545 instead for ~38 USD instead. My previous m325 worked great from the beginning of 2013 to now, but lately it stops responding every now and then and the rubber at the side has worn down. Hoping that this one lasts longer.