Very simple, what is the best layout of equipment for the 50b, i plan to use vstab and gld for sure but the question is optics or vents.  optics will help later in the game when trying to carry however anything that helps with aim time and mobility (while still partially helping vision) is almost essential on the french heavies.

uH2sB2p.jpg

you put vents because you want maximum gun control, which is why you put APCR too. You need to make sure your shots count before you're useless for another 25 seconds, 50B isn't a tank you're gonna go solo spotting with because that'll kill you goddamn fast. 

uH2sB2p.jpg

you put vents because you want maximum gun control, which is why you put APCR too. You need to make sure your shots count before you're useless for another 25 seconds, 50B isn't a tank you're gonna go solo spotting with because that'll kill you goddamn fast. 

All summed up in a single post.

I would take optics over vents. IMO the improvements made by vents are insignificant (as far as improving the aim time goes, it's almost unnoticable), and are not worth giving up the ability to spot at longer distances. At the very least, optics will make it possible for you to spot a tank that's shooting you from beyond 400 meters.

There's a tangible benefit on reload time with vents + BiA (+ food if you're feeling fancy). I've always run that route, but especially now in corridor meta.

True, but my suggestion was based off the assumption that he might not have a very stellar crew setup.

i have bia situational awareness smooth ride snapshot (recon 89%) among other skills but those are the only ones pertaining to gun handling and vision

the idea is that i will be able to spot somewhat if i have no one left to spot for me

Vents and Vert Stab are mandatory on the 50 B.  After that it's your choice whether you want to run GLD or Optics.  X3N4 is right though, the 50 B has a cancerous camo rating so don't expect to outspot your opponents much.

What you gonna spot with a tank as large as a house, zero camo and absolutely no turret armour? Yeah right. Fuck optics.

Why not run Optics, Vents, Stabs? GLD is pretty useless after the aim time buff that the 50B got. And optics is nice for late game caries and spotting your own targets when pubbies are being pubbies.

Why not run Optics, Vents, Stabs? GLD is pretty useless after the aim time buff that the 50B got. And optics is nice for late game caries and spotting your own targets when pubbies are being pubbies.

You shouldn't assume GLD is useless. It *may* be less useful between shots, but it is way useful for getting that first shot off. The faster you can get it off, the more likely it is you will permatrack that asshole that poked around the corner. And who's to say you'll get to fire all 4 at one target? That's ideal, but it sure as hell doesn't happen all the time. GLD is still very useful for getting shots off quickly. 

You shouldn't assume GLD is useless. It *may* be less useful between shots, but it is way useful for getting that first shot off. The faster you can get it off, the more likely it is you will permatrack that asshole that poked around the corner. And who's to say you'll get to fire all 4 at one target? That's ideal, but it sure as hell doesn't happen all the time. GLD is still very useful for getting shots off quickly. 

That is true, but I've ran with both and optics is more useful in my opinion.

At least for pub games.