Peaches

Looking for clam, shrimp & other delicious seafood

Hello fellow fellas.

Some of you might remember me from a while back, I used to play this game too much and too seriously so of course I ended up burning out for a year or so. After sperging around on historical sims I found myself longing for some PvP action again and so here I am, all premium'd up for a month. I'll be honest, I don't even know if my renewed interest in the game will last this long, but I'm hoping finding the right community to tonk with might help in that regard.

Here's what I'm looking for in a clan, right now :

• Filled with players who, on average, are better than I am. Improving is one of my main sources of motivation and satisfaction when gaming, and it's harder to improve when you're not playing with better teammates.
  • NOT CW focused. I have a very thin CW arsenal at the moment (see signature). I don't want to be pressured into getting more Xs. I don't want to commit to X nights a week to play tonks. In the same vein, mandatory attendance to whatever is a no-go. This might change as I pick up more Xs (at my own pace), but for now that's where I stand on CWs.
  • Mature-ish community. Maybe don't have your reputation in the gutter. Don't whine too much? Don't be one of those clans that everyone hates because reasons? Something like that. Ideally, I'd like a clan based around the idea of a tight-knit community, but I feel like that's quite uncommon in WoT so my expectations are quite low for this one.
  • Doesn't frown upon silent platooning. I have a shitty laptop mic and I tend to play with people around (roommates mostly), so I don't really want to have to lock myself up in my room every time I want to pad my WR. I enjoy using TS every now and then, but I don't want to have to use it every single time I platoon up, nahmean.
  • Strongholds? Skirmishes? I stopped playing during the patch right before all this simcity nonsense was introduced (maybe not skirmishes but I still have no idea what these are anyway) so I don't know how i feel about them. I'd like to try it out though, see what the fuss is all about.

Here's what I have to offer :

• Maturity & straightforwardness. While I do like to fuck around with pubbies and whiners (especially if I'm solopubbing), I'd rather shut up and do what I have to do when I'm playing with people I respect (ie purples). I'll listen to better players when they tell me what I did wrong. You don't have to tiptoe around my feelings, you don't have to stroke my ego, just feed me the feedback and I'll cry myself to sleep later.
  • I mentioned I didn't want mandatory attendance, but I'm actually quite active if I don't have to be. Pressure is a turn off.
  • My Crusader skills are top notch. I'd probably be green if I didn't pad so much with it.
  • I'm never the guy whose mic is on and doesn't realize it.
  • I have good taste in music and TV shows.
  • My native tongue is French, so I can expand your horizons on Molière's tongue beyond ron ron le baguette, omelette du fromage and other equally meaningless expressions. Also some people find my accent entertaining, which is okay with me.
  • I have a (relative) wealth of knowledge on subjects as fascinating as birds, hockey, history and cooking, among other things. I make a mean chili.

So that's that. Hopefully there's at least one clan out there that fits the bill, otherwise I'll keep carrying on as a clanless pubbie.

Happy tanking, gentlesirs and gentleladies.

Strongholds are fun and lucrative. They also allow us to keep a consistent clan-wide credit bonus active for pubs.

AWFUL sounds like the right fit for you. We focus on improving our individual skills, perfecting our team play skills through daily stand-to's, weekly tournaments, campaign participation, and are even getting into monthly global map raids to help bolster our treasury. 

Everything we do is on a voluntary basis, but if you commit to a tournament team you should probably show up.

Pop in some time and/or throw a PM to _Knobby, my lead recruiter:

teamspeak.awfultankers.com:6465

awfultankers.com 

Try Havok 2!

We aren't clan wars focused yet and will not be any time soon (we just started). CW is not our main priority as we need to build up members and get to know each other first.

Also, you have 3 tier 10s, as general advice, most CW clans need about 5 to be effective at CW, so you aren't too far away.

We are definitely a mature community, and since we don't have enough to do CW, we'll definitely be busy in strongholds.

Also, we share a ts with Havok main, you know, that big scary clan full of unicums, so you'll have more than enough opportunities to platoon with better people than you to improve.

Come and talk to us on ts @ ts.burninglegion.org

If you have not found a home yet KIMBO might be a good fit.  We do Strongholds nightly, well at least 4-5 nights a week. There is no requirement for X number of nights but it is great fun.