Marduk

I need a new Premium Tank

Premium Tank  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What tank should I buy

• FCM 50t
    • IS-6
    • Wait for the OP Chinese digits

Just got my gold for being tortured by WGNA the Campaign.

I have a SuperP. I HATE IT. It is SO SLOW.

I love my french autoloaders. (though I am still working on getting good)

I LOVE my facist bawk tanks. (I am not getting a sLowe. See superP)

I love the IS-3, but suspect the IS-7 is going to drive me insane.

I am a medium/scout guy at heart. (which makes my success in facist bawk tanks puzzling to me)

I need suggestions on a new tier 8 money maker. From people who own them please. I figure IS-6 or FCM-50t. I don't need to pad my stats.... I need to make money. The SuperP makes GREAT money, but because it is so unfun to play, I don't want to play it ever. I'd rather play the T-49 and T-29 and make money that way.

So, yeah, the JagTig88 prints cash.... but I don't want to play a barely mobile building.

Inb4 "go win a type 59".

The IS-6 really does not print the type of money you are looking for because you have to shoot premium consistently to do damage. The FCM, I have never played so it is out of my jurisdiction, however if I were you I would wait for the 112 (only probably a one month wait) and buy it because that tank I heard is going to be printing mad credits.

If you just want to make cash, not stats, and can't stand being slow, don't go for the IS-6. FCM would be a better choice, but it's not amazing like the IS-6 so just wait for the asian numerals.

Smiley, 

You and I always run the scout tanks in CW.... don't you think I know vision control? :)

I hear the 50t is fragile as hell but a nice gun. I am concerned that it is also big as hell too.

The FCM is what you're looking for.  It has ~T62-A mobility, good penetration, and good gun handling.

On the downside, it's enormous, has no hull armor, and only a little turret armor.  You can bounce 175 pen shots only occasionally with good dynamic angling, and can bounce some tier 6-7 medium tank fire (though the LFP is useless if they care to aim). Pretty much anything higher is guaranteed to go through. You don't need to shoot gold at all but it's useful to carry some. It feels almost like taking a slightly buffed tier 7 tank - it is not the strongest carry tank around, however, when the game demands a mobile, flexible tank with low armor and camo, it's very useful.

Best to run it in a platoon with IS-6 or Type 59, but soloing it is totally functional.

Like the SP, it's not a stat padding tank by any means, but it is a very good credit earner, and it's not super slow like the other really good credit earners are.

The 50t is too weak to brawl, not camo'd enough to invisitank, and lacks the alpha to peekaboom, so it relegates it to being a flexible support tank that can bully most mediums and flank most heavies.

The FCM cannot carry. I repeat: CAN NOT CARRY. It is too soft to be a heavy, too big and too little camo to be a medium, and too French to be scary. It has a very nice gun, and I can't remember ever having to shoot any of the 20-odd gold rounds I carry (it carries 3 tanks' worth of ammo, so that's actually only 1/4 or so of its loadout), and it makes decent money, but I do like my KV-5 better, which can carry AND print credits.

These guys said it all pretty well.  The IS-6 is a fine brawler, the 8.6 accuracy buff helped, but the standard shells just lack the pen to do much when you do get thrown in a tier IX battle, I dread these if the other team has an E-75, I just pack it up and move somewheres else.  I run 100 octane and still feel that it is a little sluggish, not as much so as my T34, but still not as mobile as I would like and that paired with losing my driver more than I like to admit and not carrying a med kit there goes some of the mobility. 

I don't own a FCM 50t, but they are pretty damn quick.  Gun is more workable, so it is a trade off.  Do you want trollish armor that allows you to bully tier VI and VII tanks, along with some tier VIIIs, but have a gun that you have to shoot Sprem on most at tier heavies to reliably pen and meh mobility or great mobility, better gun, but lack of armor to take any hits. 

For what it's worth, I have over 650 battles in my FCM and still love it to death.  But, it is ... difficult, to carry in this thing, since you must avoid taking hits at all costs, pretty much all the time (though you will, all the time).  Not impossible to carry (here I disagree with sr360), but not easy at all.

Overall, it plays like a giant medium tank with no camouflage, no armor, but very high mobility and a very good gun.  Think larger and much faster Centurion I.  If that appeals to you, you'll love it.  If you want to play like a traditional heavy, you will absolutely hate it.

As for making money, you will earn quite well if you can consistently output 1500+ damage per battle.  You don't get much "free" cash just for driving the thing onto a map.

FCM is a fantastic tank. It's NOT easymode like an IS-6 - in fact, I'd say that it's probably the most difficult tank I've ever learned to play. Low alpha, paper armor, vulnerability to module damage and a huge profile means that you have to approach it differently to virtually every other tank in the game. All these traits means that it's not meant for solopubbing and pulling frequent carries on your own. Personally, I view it as the perfect support medium needed in an IS-6/KV-5 platoon due to the ability to get lights, flex with its excellent mobility and even go toe-to-toe with the enemy when required due to solid DPM. Play it well and the tank will print credits for you. I'm currently averaging 2k DPG but that's partially due to starting with 75% crew and not having 6th Sense and S Stowage initially. Playing this tank recently, I'm not finding it difficult to do around 2.5k dmg consistently so the profits are pretty sweet. Go buy one - it's definitely the most challenging, interesting and fun premium out there.

When should we expect the new Chinese prem? 8.7?

I'm looking at picking up a fun prem to play with some decent money making potential in the near future.

Smiley, 

You and I always run the scout tanks in CW.... don't you think I know vision control? :)

I hear the 50t is fragile as hell but a nice gun. I am concerned that it is also big as hell too.

think of the FCM as an AMX M4 45 with the mobility of the AMX 50 100.

because thats pretty much what it is.

think of the FCM as an AMX M4 45 with the mobility of the AMX 50 100.

because thats pretty much what it is.

The FCM has better mobility than the AMX 50-100.  And while it has the same gun (and very similar looks) as the AMX M4 45, there is one very important difference: aim time  It is horrifically bad on the M4 but actually pretty good on the FCM.  There's also a substantial rate of fire difference.

Which is of course why the AMX M4 45 is one of the shittiest vehicles one can drive in this game, whereas FCM is actually one of the best premium tanks around.

68% or something after 200+ games in the FCM, doesn't even need to carry premium rounds but has such a ridiculous amount of ammo storage you could carry 20 and never use them.

Ammo is cheap with good pen. Limited to tier 9. Faster than a Type-59. However lacks armour and is large.

Anyone that says getting through the AMX M4 45 sucked was also doing it wrong, same with the ARL44.

IS-6 prints a shitton of cash. I think some people are just lazy, 2/3 of my matches are AP only, where I make ~60k/game, but only about half that in top-heavy T9 matches. My stats in it are a pretty good indication that you don't really need to spam APCR every game to eek out great results.

That said, the IS-6 does get boring. It's not incredibly fast, the armor isn't very thick anywhere (it's just all over), and the gun's accuracy makes me want to cry some times.

I bought the FCM. Rather be challenged than get bored.

Tell me how you go, thinking of burning my tourney gold on getting one, IS6 just doesn't make enough money for me, even on prem

Tell me how you go, thinking of burning my tourney gold on getting one, IS6 just doesn't make enough money for me, even on prem

Just buy one.

I love my FCM, it's gun is low alpha, but great aim time, and fast reload.  gun depression is also great on it, it allows you to find some great positions other tanks only dream of.

It has a very high skill curve though, it doesn't take much to get yourself into trouble.  But if you like mediums, you will go back to your other medium tanks and notice how much the FCM makes you improve your play in those types of tanks, as it can be unforgiving.

The ROF and gun make it a great dmg/kill farmer.  make sure you carry 2 repair kits, and med kit.  safe stowage on your loader is required.

As someone who owns an IS-6 and often plays platooned, i wish i had bought an FCM instead

IS-6 is a good tank, but it does get boring, specially because it's not as mobile as i had the impression it would be.

The is-6 is slow, boring, well armed and well defended carry tank. But holy god does it drone in your ears even if you're winning in the thing.