breeeze

How do I MT-25?

I have been expressing my disappointment about the MT-25 multiple times in clanchat (sorry for venting guys) and every time the answer was "Whats your problem, the MT-25 is great!"

So here I am asking, why exactly is the MT-25 not the worst T6 scout by a country mile?

Here's my impression so far:

+ It's incredibly fast, almost too fast as it slides around like crazy

- viewrange is utter junk, 370 at tier 7 gets you outspotted by anything T8+ and any other scout in the game, except maybe tier 4s. This pretty much rules out active spotting, despite 3 skill crew.

- camo is worst in tier, on par with the VK

- alpha, pen and dpm are terrible, alpha and pen are the worst in tier, yet dpm is on par with the T-37 and worse than all other non-autoloading, non-derp scouts: As a bonus, it can't mount a rammer.

- On top of that gun handling is the worst in tier after the autoloading 12t and the derp VK, T21, T37, Type 64 all have vastly better values

- lowest hitpoints in tier because reasons, module hitpoints are below average aswell

- the difference the armour makes is tiny, about 10-15hp compared to T37 or 12t

- bad gun depression for bonus frustration

- due to bad pen it's by far the most expensive T6 scout, it even gets close to the 13 90.

so, am I doing something wrong or is it actually that bad?

Never understood what ppl see in it either. Other scouts have surpased it and even in it's prime it was just a fat t-50-2.
It's fun to yolo it around because reasons I guess.

The solution I found was play to get the double and wait for the next day, hoping that the LTTB unlocks soon enough.
Meanwhile I cry in a corner forcing myself not to dump 40k free exp to skip it all together.

I thought it was pure shit too. I mainly ground it through SH's.

The only plus in pubs is that it currently farms WN8.

It's got a buffed version of the 59-16's 57mm. Outside of really early game stuff, you don't scout with the MT-25. It's too fat, doesn't dance around as well as it needs to. Abuse the gun (it really isn't bad, the APCR makes it very workable) and not the speed. Not a great tank, but it's not unplayable.

I struggled immensely (35% WR O_o) with mine since every other T6 scouts out classes you in 1v1 situations or spotting. SO the following focuses mostly on the good games I had. :foreveralone:

However this thing becomes a beast once the game reaches its end and there are fewer tanks left: Despite what Rexxie said it IS nimble enough to circle most heavies. If you happen to find an isolated T-150 or even a KV-4 you basically get a free kill unless you screw up. The speed also allows you to active scout wherever that is viable i.e. Prokh mid ridge.
If you cannot scout and there are no isolated targets it is probably best to CHAI-snipe as good as you can and hope for the game to develop. If your team fails completely however you are pretty much sccrewed as you rely on room to maneuver.

Edit: If you wanna go full hipster you could always equip the auto loader and hope to find something that can be penned with the ?69? penetration it gets (assuming full gold spam HUE).

It's playable in strongholds I guess. Haha, who am I kidding, it's even a deadweight there. Seconding 1n_Soviet_Russia on this one.

On the EU server, if you play SH with decent players doing fastbois it doesn't matter if you have deadweight in most matches. Furthermore, it didn't feel like deadweight, when I played it in that tier 6 meta. In pubs however I felt like cutting myself..

Mount the 57mm and binocs, kemp a bush and snipe.  If a lane opens up, rush thru and kill arty.  Circle kill any lone heavies you can find.  I didn't have great stats in it, but it was fun to drive.  The worst thing about it is the horrible gun depression.

I hated this tank at first and parked it when they took away my T-50-2 (Bastards!). But if you never had the T-50-2 then you don't know what you're missing, which makes the MT-25 much more palatable for players who haven't been at this for 4 years or more (yikes).

I picked it up again because I wanted the LTTB and T-54LW, and I was pleasantly surprised. Most battle I did some initial active scouting, and then waited for an opportunity to jump on something with the 57mm and dpm it down. Seemed to work ok.

I kind of liked the MT-25, nice ROF, speed and the VR wasn't a problem when sitting in a bush with binos. Just snipe, spam APCR when needed, get ~1k DPG and over 5500 WN8. Simply the best stet pedder in the game, not a hard grind at all (except I lost around 100k silver in ammunition).

I am not a great tanker by any stretch but the MT 25 makes it look like I am ok-ish. I pulled a 3019 WN8 over 72 games and a 65%+ WR. If I had 6th sense or any skills on my crew then those numbers would have been higher but virgin crew and low game count is not a good combination for a light tank.

This tank is vicious when it gets on flanks or in to the rear. The pew pew gun doesn't do enough dmg with each shot for pubbies to pay much attention to you right away. All the while you are chipping away at them and when they start turning to engage you, you just run away and let your friends beat on them. When they turn back to face your friends, you just pop back up and start chewing away at them again.

You just need to be patient and not take any risks at the beginning until you know are fairly sure where everyone is at then you can move in.

Played the first 30ish games with this using the 57mm and the results were mostly very bad and frustrating and I was seriously considering free exping through the rest. Decided to try the 37mm with full gold for luls and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Suddenly you can just simply delete many other scouts, 3 arties with one reload or feast on borsigs and lorraines when they are reloading. Sure it really limits your target range and sometimes you'll get those himmelsdorf games where you have whole 2 tanks you can damage but the tears this thing harvests in a good matchup makes it all worth it. I'm running with vents, binos and net and start games with passive scouting until the lines settle and I can locate some good soft targets that are preferably alone and then assassinate when the time seems right. Sure it is very unforgiving, especially since I don't have the lamp yet, but definitely beats the 57mm gun in both fun and efficiency in my books. I don't think I've ever had this many 15+k wn8 games in any other tank.

I did the grind completely on SH, then decided to actually get a mastery before selling the thing. In random battles it is horrible, but I was lucky enough to get competent teams whenever I played it (4 battles).

The only good thing about this tank is that it prints wn8. I'll never regret selling this.

Finished it quite some time ago and instasold it. It did print WN8 (ended with 5.1k) but it's still a PoS tank imo, 370 viewrange is just a joke.

The best way is just to focus on how amazing the LTTB and T-54L will be.

I shot a ton of APCR, even in SH.  It should have at least 700 hitpoints.  570 would be laughably low if you weren't the guy dying because of it. 

Does it make any sense to put in the 37mm with full gold and drive it on SH? It would basically clip one enemy, start clipping second, ramkill him, and then hope to run away...