hall0

VK 45.03 – Premium Tier VII (Stock Tiger 2)

Ok with the cancellation of the Mäuschen the VK 45.02 Premium tank seems to be also cancelled aswell. So why not give us a  stock Tiger2 as premium?

Description:
A variant of a German heavy tank from the end of WW2. On 12/10/1942 the project received the designation Tiger III (VK 45.03). Only existed on paper.

11222607_675301712569797_180543998351903

Tier: 7 premium HT
Hitpoints: 1500
Engine: 700 hp
Weight: 65 tons
Power-to-weight: 10,77 hp/t
Maximum speed: 38/12 km/h
Hull traverse: 28 deg/s
Turret traverse: 28,2 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,863/0,959/1,822
Viewrange: 380
Radio range: 646,6

Hull armor: 100/80/?
Turret armor: 100/80/?

Gun: 88mm L/71 KwK 43 (Tiger II gun)
Damage: 240/240/295
Penetration: 203/237/44
ROF: 9,339
DPM: 2241,4
Reload: 6,425
Accuracy: 0,326
Aimtime: 2,4s
Depression: -8/+15

11728873_675301642569804_805589526532373

11223510_675301669236468_772097425459212

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/07/vk4503-premium-tier-7-german-ht.html#more

https://thearmoredpatrol.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/vk-45-03-new-premium-tank/#more-3211

At first I cringed (135mm UFP, 115mm turret face? lol), but I could actually see this being decent. Key is not to think of it like a Tiger 2, but a bigger Tiger H with interchanged turret and hull armor, 1 more gun dep, and a slightly better aimtime. Mobility seems like it'd be around the same, gun is exactly the same, HP is the same, etc. Only tradeoff (other than the size) seems to be that a shit turret is harder to make up for than a shit hull.

If you play it like a Tiger it'll be a perfectly reasonable tank. The bloom might ruin it, but from those numbers it looks surprisingly fine.

but does it have good hull down potential like a Tiger H that can do it in a snap, just to hide the hull better? Because I'm not liking that crappy Porsche turret  

Honestly: I think mobility will make or break this thing. If it is mobile like say the Panther II it could work as a heavier HitlerPanther and play like a heavium.
However if it is slow and doesn't get pref MM (most likely assuming WG didn't get a sudden change of heart) it will be a real turd (can't even side scrape against T6s with that turret and the 8,8cm is kinda underwhelming against most T9 and T10 tanks). And WG will still sell it because all the Wehraboos will want it.

So if they don't give the soft stats the blessing of SerB I can't see this being decent.

Edit: missed that this is T7. Might actually be a great tank then.

At first I cringed (135mm UFP, 115mm turret face? lol), but I could actually see this being decent. Key is not to think of it like a Tiger 2, but a bigger Tiger H with interchanged turret and hull armor, 1 more gun dep, and a slightly better aimtime. Mobility seems like it'd be around the same, gun is exactly the same, HP is the same, etc. Only tradeoff (other than the size) seems to be that a shit turret is harder to make up for than a shit hull.

If you play it like a Tiger it'll be a perfectly reasonable tank. The bloom might ruin it, but from those numbers it looks surprisingly fine.

Honestly I'd be fine with this thing acting as a pseudo Tiger H that I can drop a crew into without having to retrain if anything tier 7 comes up tournament wise or even just for platooning. I enjoyed the Tiger a fair bit but keeping a crew around for one is difficult considering german crew sizes at the high tiers.

Would not spend actual money on, but skirmish gold? Sure.

What's with WG's recent tendency to take existing tanks and tag them as premium? Panther 88, STA-2, Berlin tanks, Japanese Tiger, French Sherman, now this.

And the fact that there are still a shit ton of unreleased premium tanks.

They want to maximize profit margins. Things like this probably cost a lot less and take very little time to design & implement. It's a way to earn quick cash while putting development time elsewhere.

It's a moneygrab, but I'm alright with it if it means the time saved and money earned goes into something I'd actually care about.

Hmmmmm....might be a decent alternative as a crew trainer and credit earner assuming the gun handles as good if not better than the Tiger H. Trading a slightly better hull (but practically speaking, it's just as bad given the LFP is huge and likely weak as heck) for a much worse turret isn't a particularly good deal. Part of what helps the Tiger function on the front lines (well, at least the way I played it) is the ability to sidescrape and a surprisingly solid turret (small target, good mantle), so if you can hide the hull and aren't too stationary a target, it's surprisingly resilient. The stock turret on the Tiger 2 is absolute trash - huge and soft. Having to constantly expose that is likely going to mean you'll take damage in return almost every single time.

The extra gun depression is a little welcome, but it's a fair bit taller than the Tiger H so you're only really balancing that out.

Mobility I expect will be on par with the other tanks in that line - decent enough top speed but sluggish in the turn and getting up to speed/climbing - so decidedly average.

So yeah, all going to depend on how the gun handles relative to the Tiger H as to whether it'll be enough to tempt people to use it as credit earner + crew trainer.

What's with WG's recent tendency to take existing tanks and tag them as premium? Panther 88, STA-2, Berlin tanks, Japanese Tiger, French Sherman, now this.

You forgot the one that started this -> Fury.

Based on the recent premium tanks this one will be decent, they seem to have dropped the "premium tanks should be a bit less than fully researched tanks of the same tier" policy due to the "no premium MM" policy. Based on the Bromwell, Rudy, ISU-122S... I won't complain. 

I don't see any reason to buy this though. Tier 7 has the T29 to play, IS-2 (Berlin version) etc. there's enough OP tanks. German premium heavies have Löwe and some low tiers.

I might be the only one but I loved how the Porsche turret looked on the KT anyway the 8,8 L/71 on a T7 prem with better stats than the Tiger H?Count me in bois  

Stat seems to be more or less equal to that of a normal Tiger(which is already a high tiered tank at BR7) with better armor, seems to contradict WG's philosophy of having premiums slightly inferior than normal.

Not to mention since it uses KT's Chassis, it will likely be able to mount Vertical Stabilizer.

I dont think this will be a bad premium. Compared to the tiger its more armored, doesnt take 10 mins to rotate the turret 180 degrees, better mobility, better aim time....Wait so why is the tiger 1 still relevant now?

It will probably be a less mobile tiger with a tad more armor.

I somehow hope this tank will be part of the next set of mission tanks, and otherwise a normal tank, making this a reward / buy only would be a shame...

I actually rather like the dolled-up clone-regular-tank spam in premiums.  Premium t34-85, IS and Cromwell with cool paintjobs and random gimmicks? Yes please. Let's me offload garage slots and play normal tanks I like but with premium earnings and xp earning. 

It's more or less a way to "premium" your favorite regular tanks (doesn't Warthunder have something like that? Pay made bank for premium benefits on any plane)?

Probably won't pick this one up as I love my Tiger and have already kitted it out, but maybe during a big sale.  Lot cheaper grinding my German E-100 crew in this thing than in my E-100. 

Compared to the Tiger 1:

Gun:

Same DPM, slightly better aimingtime and bloomvalues, 1 degree more gundepression, much better turrettraverse

Armor:

~140-150mm EFA on both te upper and lower plate, quite nice for facing lower tiers, the turretfront is basicly an autopen-zone for everything it meets though, compared to the shitty Tiger-1-front and the lackluster turret it´s a buff.

Mobility:

Same turningspeed, power/weight is worse but the better terrainresistance should make up for it.

germany-g118_vk4503_arm_tth.jpg

As it is currently it seems to be a little bit op to me, compared to the tiger 1 it is better or atleast equal to in every single aspect.

I expect a nerf before it gets released.

The M51 Sherman isn't an existing tank.

WG is making a prem tank that actually looks reasonably balanced?  inb4 it gets released a turd

The hull front is clearly going to be better against a lot of things than the tiger 1 will, but the turret looks tough enough as well.  The mantlet is going to making point and clicking the turret a bad idea, plus it has a fair amount of angles thrown in too.  From a distance, it's going to be hard for smaller tanks to hit the flat areas on the turret.

Firepower on it looks pretty nice as well.  I wouldn't mind playing this if I owned it.

The M51 Sherman isn't an existing tank.

To expand upon this, the Revalorise Sherman probably shares some components with the Sherman Firefly model, but even then, the French one is based on a wet stowage M4A1 and the Firefly uses the composite hull.  Turrets are entirely different.

The STA-1, STA-2, and Type 61 all share parts, but they're different enough to where a lot of it would be best built from scratch.  These probably have a fair bit more in common with eachother in terms of what would take the longest to remodel than the Revalorise, but calling them copy and paste would be unfair.

Berlin tanks were straight up cash grabs.  They weren't even hiding it.

Panther 88 I can only explain by half the WoT population having a strange fetish for Fascist armor, especially the panther.

For the Japanese Tiger, I would first challenge you to find an alternative heavy tank for Japan.

A45 belongs on the list.  This thing could have easily been a tech tree tank with how much info WG has on it and its upgrade proposals, but instead, they stuck it in the most blatant cashgrab to date from WG.

/sperg

Mobility:

Same turningspeed

I thought we confirmed that traverse speeds depend on something to do with your stock engine/elite engine HP, so for a premium tank to turn as fast as a standard tank, it needs to have a much faster track traverse value. If this is true, the 45.03 will be turning considerably slower than the Tiger.

Woops! While this would usually be the case, stock tiger engine is barely better than the elite. Shouldnt make a huge difference.

I might be the only one but I loved how the Porsche turret looked on the KT anyway the 8,8 L/71 on a T7 prem with better stats than the Tiger H?Count me in bois  

Krupp designed the turret, not Porsche.