hall0

VK 45.03 – Premium Tier VII (Stock Tiger 2)

Krupp designed the turret, not Porsche.

Well, i also always assumed it was made by porsche, since its called porsche turm afterall :P (while even the wiki says that the turret was from krupp)

Yet the design was from krupp, and in the end henschel made both hull and turret anyway, since the turret was crap

11 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Nah, the changes to it are just copy pasted from the krupp waffle.

Derp, fail reading comprehension on my part.

Junkers had it out yesterday.  It's pretty good.  Essentially a Tiger 2 stock turret on Panther 2 hull and engine, .29 accuracy, 1.9 aim time, 9 ROF.   A slightly worse Panther 2 a tier lower, which is a good thing.

IIRC hit points were 1400.

Moved better than you would think, effective DPM is pretty good for a tier 7 since most every shot hits.  It looks like it plays better than the same tier Tiger in every way.  Sexy too.

When you read this take it with salt, look at my skill level.

Wait, it isnt Tiger II hull?

i thought it would be crappy but that accuracy, aiming time and DPM? :damn: 

Agreed with Sbake, expect it doesnt look sexy. Porsche Tiger II turret looks fucking ugly imo.

Also:

REiimMc.jpg  

from TAP: VK 45.03 spotted on NA server. You know what this means: WG will implement it pretty soon or at least has some plans for it.

Hello, I am Mort of VK 45.03-driving fame. The tank is basically a Tiger I with worse DPM. It basically has the hull of the Panther II, but with a stronger lower glacis and 80mm of side armour, which is nice for sidescraping if you can bait baddies to shoot at your side.

The mobility is decent, maybe a little more mobile than the Tiger I. It has a lot of HP, 1,400 (I think the Tiger I has 1,480?). The turret armour is garbage. The ammorack is pretty weak (I've had it detonate on me twice in 22 games now).

Overall I give it a tentative 4.5/10. Considering that it's a premium and basically all of the premiums WG has come out with recently are shit, it's comparatively pretty good. I'd need to play it more to give it a more concrete rating... It's firmly within "meh" territory, though, which is basically where premium tanks belong. 

Basically a premium Tiger with a slightly better hull over DPM? 

wait is the DPM 2.2k? cos on tanks.gg it's showing as like 1800. 

Looking the stats and armor from tanks.gg.

At first sight this looks very promising. The gun is great, bloom values are nice and it has very low ammo cost for potential credit grinding. Also the 380m view range is adequate to run optics and farm some spotting credits...

However the armor is almost as useless as in normal Tiger and this is bigger and still slow at 38kph. One more tank for the IS-series to eat alive at that tier and also gets penned by most tier6 mediums too...

Does seem at least turdish to me.

1 hour ago, Sexy_Dave said:

Going to be available June 3rd according to the June preview, will likely pick it up then.

Link to preview.

Also, i hope i can eventually buy it for gold.

2 hours ago, hiipanda said:

Link to preview.

Also, i hope i can eventually buy it for gold.

Hmm, can't see it now, was in game on the missions screen, sort of a 'This is What June brings", mentioned the VK was coming and the Mutz would be available June 3rd as well. (Was hoping for the KR, why I remembered that one) Something about new rentals, or changing how rentals work, hopefully it'll be up tomorrow.

Hmm, so similar reload to the Panther 2 but a but harder and better gun handling at tier 7?

Definitely gonna pick this up when it comes to the EU server, as I need another German heavy trainer that isn't slow as sin, but I need another tier 7 premium for platooning etc.