Cardona3

Window's 7 isn't updating

Greetings! For some reason or another I imagine virus's or something, even tho I do virus scans and what not, Malware Bytes ect. And it still dosn't fix it. But my Window's Update dosn't work. I've been able to update in the past just fine but now every time I try to manually try to turn on Windows update it won't do it and says that It can't connect and to please restart my computer and I do so, and get the same message. I'm wondering if I should go to the Window's website and try to reinstall Window's 7? I see that your able to download it, would I need a cd key or something as I don't have one for whats installed already. Window's 7 is activated.  So unsure of what to do..I hear Window's 10 is out and they give free updates for Window 7 users. So any suggestions would be helpful

Check your services, make sure BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) is started and set to start automatically on boot (auto or delayed start). If that doesn't work, screenshot the problem and post it here.

Note that most "game booster" programs tend to disable this service (probably to prevent background downloads), if you are using one then stop using it.

This is what happened when I tried to start it, screenshot here! No game boosters that I know of. I run World of Tanks, on Medium Improved Graphics at around 60+ FPS

Error1.PNG

Thanks Haswell! Best NA Tech Support ever Windows update is now working!