KCrobble

mt-25 is pretty bad

First impression is that they made it a Leopard scout with a Zis gun.  Acceleration and top speed utterly gutted.

Have only played one game though

not looking good. I managed to get the last ever game of 8.6 in my 50-2 last night before the server kicked me off. before it even started i was missing it.

news that its replacement is not very good does not make me feel happy...

It's as ugly as a whore's sore for sure, but I don't care that much about looks.  WoT turning a rapier into a pie-knife is what has me down.

Ok, after having a few games in it, So far it feels, like a Cromwell with a higher top speed, worse gun, and worse MM. and maybe slightly worse acceleration.

Its a big change from the 50-2. After the 3 games i played in it i could tell it isn't a BAD tank. its just not the same little bundle of fun the T-50-2 was. 

and yes, it is ugly as fuck. hate the looks. 

Ill keep it for now, but I'll see whether or not ill keep it in the futue.

It's pretty ugly, not as fast paced to play and easier to hit than the 50-2..

why did they replace the 50-2 anyway? There was nothing wrong with it imo o.O

It's a T-34 with built-in optics and fast-gas.  Welcome to BT10.

I've been afraid to try mine, did it really go down to T-34 speed/acceleration?  

You tell me.

T-50-2:

550hp / 14t = 39.3 hp/t

Chaffee:

500hp / 18t = 27.8 hp/t

MT-25:

600hp / 25t = 24.0 hp/t

T-34:

500hp / 28t = 17.8 hp/t

So tier 5 hit points, tier 5 gun, tier 7 view range, less power than a Chaffee.  How would you drive it?  Like a T-34 in a tier 7 match?

I don't like it either. But I decided to grind some exp. on it anyway. just in case they add tier 7 light in the future. Do you think 50k exp will be enough for the new tank? 

Edit:

This was my best game in it. Too bad not all games are on Malinovka.

http://wotreplays.com/site/311126#malinovka-bobi_kreeg-mt-25

Never even touched it. Sold it for the VK3001H.

I feel bad for not at least trying but then I don't want my T-50-2 stat to be ruined >_<

Still driving this occasionally, and my opinion is setting in.  Unlike most owners, I never had the T-50-2; I've never been a good active scout.  However, I do love me some Chaffee and some T-34.  I wanted to know how this would stack up.  Like the Chaffee, it relies so much on the soft stats, only driving will tell how it performs.  So far... not good. 

My in-vehicle stats:

Games played: 29 (All MT-25)

Victories: 17 (58.6%)

KDR: 0.48 (ouch)

WN7: 1097

Specific points:

• The gun depression is terribad.  I frequently find myself on almost flat ground, yet unable to aim down into a T29 hull.

• On firm ground, it moves like a T21.  This is tolerable, but no where near Chaffee mobility.

• Mobility on marshy ground is awful.  Reminiscent of KV-1S.

• It usually gets tier 7 or tier 8 games.  The gun is passable in tier 7.  In tier 8, APCR cannot make up for the poor caliber.

• DPM is inferior to everything else. Even T-34.

• Worst-in-class view range.

• It is too short.  It cannot shoot over most wrecks/obstacles.

• It is too tall.  It can get shot over most wrecks/obstacles.

So far, I can't find any justifcation for owning this thing.  I am going to stick with it a bit longer, probably to ~80 games, to see if I can make it work.  But it seems like the topic title is spot-on.

I've never played it.  I made the mistake of keeping my 90%/no skills crew in my t-50-2, so instead of getting the 100% crew they just moved over the 90% guys.  

I don't scout anyhow, and it's just sitting there, looking fugly.  I'll probably take it out for a spin or two before I sell it for the garage slot.  

What's even more annoying is how long I ground to get the t-50-2.  Sheesh.  

• DPM is inferior to everything else. Even T-34.

• Worst-in-class view range.

Gun/ROF/viewrange is the same as the T-50-2

This tank was fun because it was fast/nimble/forgiving.  It is too bad that you never got to play the dash 2.

During my second (and last) game in this tank, I quickly realized what play strategy the game designers had in mind for this tank.

You have to use your strongest weapon: your ugliness.

Sneak up quite close and then suddenly drive right in front of tier 8 - 10's, your tank is so ugly that they will be forced to turn their eyes away in disgust.

Then you proceed to shooting them through the front (T62A) or side (Tiger2 and batchat) with your limp gun.

No need to scout or anything, that's more something for light tanks.

MT25secondgame_zpsa2561cde.jpg

shot_497_zps732a0229.jpg

Too bad my team was capping, while I was driving towards the IS7. I was going to give him some whoop-ass too, but when he saw me, he turned around and ran into the bushes, while typing vomiting noizes.

Tito