Sign in to follow this  

So I've been having this issue the past few days.

Playing a match, doing nothing abnormal. All of a sudden both my screens go black (like no input), flash once, turn a display black (like the display color), then I see my desktop, yet still here WoT sounds and am technically in the tab. When I try and open it up, just flashes the tab loading black screen but stays displaying desktop. I've done a full reinstall, and it still isn't fixed. According to task manager WoT goes to non-responding, and I have no response from my system about it. I've played hours of other games with no issue.

Is it a GPU thing? I have mine OC'd to ~1300 mHz on the core, and haven't had issues with any other games (including heavily modded skyrim).

e: Or is it something really weird, unknown, and a pain in the ass?

Luna,

I am sure you have tried all these things, but first i would uninstall all mods ( if you have any), and then go back to stock timing and ratchet it up from there, also keep an eye on your system temperature and if you have GPU temp monitoring turn it on while you are playing game. Also clean out the dust balls in the fans and coolers. Hope this helps , i know sometimes i get mental blocks till someone else suggests something i overlooked.

@Cloud_1 I've run MSI's afterburner while playing, never cracked 60% usage. Temp isn't an issue, thx to Frozr fans.

Dust can't be an issue, since this build is a month old.

And I'm pretty sure it isn't a driver crash because I have intentionally crashed it by bumping up another +30mhz while using furmark, and that has a completely different effect (screen turns light blue, then go back to desktop with a notification that nvidia driver has crashed).

The only mod I'm using is sela's pack, which from what everyone else is saying is having no issues using similar settings to my own.

See if the crash happens without mods. See if the crash happens on a clean install. See if the crash happens when the gpu is not overclocked. I overclocked my 970 to 1570 but use the stock speed for wot. Have you run a stress test for your gpu overclock? You should run something like the heaven benchmark for a hour or two to make sure you overclock is stable and free of artifacting.

The OC should be stable. Like I said, everything else runs fine. Current settings give me a full furmark result. 

Is there any difference between a core clock crash vs a memory clock? (Core shown at ~4100mhz)

And bs the issue is that I can't predict when it will happen. Happened during my first match yesterday, but on my 10th one today. I restarted my client a couple times as well to change some settings, so it isn't just a first match thing. 

Update: turned OC'ing off for WoT, played 4h of it tonight with 0 issues. 

Played some rocket league while OC'd to 1500mhz, 0 issues. 

I guess WoT just doesn't play nice with MSI. ;;

Memory clock and core clock are both overclock-able. They are different things and will both increase performance when turned up. To overclock the memory open heaven or whatever you use and turn the  clock speed up using intervals of about 15 or so until you see artifacting. Then go slowly back down until the artifacting goes away. When overclocking the memory keep the core clock at stock frequency to make sure all potential artifacting is due to the memory. To get a solid core overclock turn the memory frequency to stock and slowly bump up the core clock till you get artifacting and then back down until you don't see it anymore. Then plug in both of the overclocked frequencies at the same time for a stable overclock. I also got a few crashes when I played wot overclocked so I play wot at stock frequencies. Other games however I see moderate frame rate bumps.