Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

Watched the One Piece Gold, feels like a lenghty episode more than a movie and I don't recall it being teased in the manga unlike strong world, gave me the impression that its teasing something for the main storyline instead. The build up to its climax isn't as strong as I hoped for, then again,  I always read the manga since that way the pacing is according to what I have in mind, always find the animated to be slower.

Which show do you guys prefer,Mob Psycho or OPM? I know that the 2 shows are very different but I'm just talking about overall enjoyment.I personally prefer Mob Psycho because of the slightly more serious story but would like to know your guys' opinion.I also like the animation style of Mob Psycho more (Not trying to start a Bones vs Madhouse war.It's just personal preference)

The latest episode was also epic.Looks like Reigen really wasn't shitting around after all (I haven't read the manga so idk for sure)

1 minute ago, robosapieo said:

Which show do you guys prefer,Mob Psycho or OPM? I know that the 2 shows are very different but I'm just talking about overall enjoyment.I personally prefer Mob Psycho because of the slightly more serious story but would like to know your guys' opinion.I also like the animation style of Mob Psycho more (Not trying to start a Bones vs Madhouse war.It's just personal preference)

The latest episode was also epic.Looks like Reigen really wasn't shitting around after all (I haven't read the manga so idk for sure)

I've read the manga for both and OPM has a much crazier/better end story. Mob starts out better and more serious i agree, but OPM has a much more satisfying ending. Plus Saitama is best hero...and this

iPRnmeZ.jpg

made me laugh :disco:

Just finished Code Geass.All I can say is I feel bad for every human being that hasn't seen it.Last time I cried like that at the ending of a show was probably Death Parade.I'd place it above Death Note in terms of "must watch-ness",on par with FMA:B.

Next up:"RE:Zero". I'm kinda glad I don't have to wait for weekly episodes (apart from the last one ofc)

Code geass is the single best anime I have ever watched.

also, people can say whatever the fuck they want about fate/kaleid. I don't care. this season is fucking epic. 

Is the mahou shoujo genre worth getting into? The only show I've seen that's about girls doing crazy shit is GuP and I quite liked it.Is Madoka Magica similar to that?

7 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Is the mahou shoujo genre worth getting into? The only show I've seen that's about girls doing crazy shit is GuP and I quite liked it.Is Madoka Magica similar to that?

giphy.gif

No....Just......No...Do not be fooled by their cuteness this show is not happy by any means of the word "happy" itself.....

though don't get me wrong this series is a pure masterpiece in all aspects.  

...Let me do you a favor.........

watch these movies in this order............

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 2: Eien no Monogatari

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari

(the first two are episodes 1-12 condensed into movies, movie 1 is episodes 1-6, movie two is episodes 7-12.)

Try not to lose your head :disco:

9 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

giphy.gif

No....Just......No...Do not be fooled by their cuteness this show is not happy by any means of the word "happy" itself.....

though don't get me wrong this series is a pure masterpiece in all aspects.  

...Let me do you a favor.........

watch these movies in this order............

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 2: Eien no Monogatari

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari

(the first two are episodes 1-12 condensed into movies, movie 1 is episodes 1-6, movie two is episodes 7-12.)

Try not to lose your head :disco:

So should I just skip the show? I'd like to have the full experience instead of watching a condensed version.Or are the movies better?

1 hour ago, robosapieo said:

So should I just skip the show? I'd like to have the full experience instead of watching a condensed version.Or are the movies better?

It's not your typical mahou shojo show....  (literally not going further because itd spoil the show, just watch like 4 eps to find out... like any other show....) hence it's insane popularity... not only because it came pretty much out of left field, both the show, and shows plot, but also garnered so much of a shitty fan base, it makes @Assassin7 and the Sao fanbois seem small

[Don't get me wrong, great show, but calm your fanboi tits]

I'd recommend watching the show if you have time, watching the movies if you don't

1 hour ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

It's not your typical mahou shojo show....  (literally not going further because itd spoil the show, just watch like 4 eps to find out... like any other show....) hence it's insane popularity... not only because it came pretty much out of left field, both the show, and shows plot, but also garnered so much of a shitty fan base, it makes @Assassin7 and the Sao fanbois seem small

[Don't get me wrong, great show, but calm your fanboi tits]

I'd recommend watching the show if you have time, watching the movies if you don't

What's with all the hate on SAO? It's no masterpiece but it's not pure cancer either like most people make it out to be.The fanbase doesn't seem to be that bad either (compared to DBZ or Cowboy Bebop)

3 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Hell no, the TV series is perfectly paced and the recap movies just cut out scenes and reduce the impact overall which adding nothing significant. Don't listen to @Deus__Ex__Machina's advice on the movies, watch the TV series first. Be warned though that it's nothing like GuP.

50 minutes ago, Nicook5 said:

Just saying new game is super swag.

New Game is wonderful.

@Trumpetah I only recommended he watched the movies instead because he said previously that he was starting another show, so I figured he wouldn't have the time to invest in the show itself similar to what @An_Arty_Player_Hits_You Said if you have the time watch the show and if not watch the movies. @robosapieo So if you have the time by all means watch the show, but don't forget to watch the third movie because it is a continuation of the show and is very important. 

On 14.9.2016 at 7:10 PM, robosapieo said:

c7NJRa2.gif

3 hours ago, robosapieo said:

What's with all the hate on SAO? It's no masterpiece but it's not pure cancer either like most people make it out to be.The fanbase doesn't seem to be that bad either (compared to DBZ or Cowboy Bebop)

Its a prime example foor a shot that started on a generic premise, did some things right and improved over time only to devolve in an utter shitfest of mediocricy, fanservice and boring deus ex machina bullshit.

We only partly hate it because of what it is (probably a 6/10 or so) but what it pretends to be or could have become (solid 8/10) after the first 2/3s of Season 1, but that never happened so fuck this abomination and everything it stands for.

People actually liking this crap is why we have like 2-3 good show each season, because the plebs are satisfied with mediocrity and plain boring plots or characters. 

6 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

It's not your typical mahou shojo show....  (literally not going further because itd spoil the show, just watch like 4 eps to find out... like any other show....) hence it's insane popularity...

Oh my, people dying in shitty and horrible ways, what a twist!  

Just now, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

It's like meet the Pyro short. Only reverse the killing and joyful Pyro scenes order =3

Means nothing, but most people who watch anime don't have the cognition to recognize this and react simply on base instincts, like death and jerking off.

2 hours ago, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

We only partly hate it because of what it is (probably a 6/10 or so) but what it pretends to be or could have become (solid 8/10) after the first 2/3s of Season 1, but that never happened so fuck this abomination and everything it stands for.

People actually liking this crap is why we have like 2-3 good show each season, because the plebs are satisfied with mediocrity and plain boring plots or characters. 

Yep 100%
Why put in effort when you can make more money for the easy cash grabs and incomplete light novel adaptations!

Oh my, people dying in shitty and horrible ways, what a twist!  

Sounds like Another.