Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

aayyy page 113
How long will the thread survive I wonder.
uoefYgi.gif

1 hour ago, Lockhart77 said:

Handa-kun for an anime is quiet something isn't it...

Any good? I heard Barakamon was just outright better.
Must suppress the inner grammar Nazi.... :feelsbad: (quite)

7 hours ago, robosapieo said:

PS: Esdeath was a better yandere than Yuno will ever be.Shame things had to end the way they did :brokenheart:

EDIT: NVM what I just said.Shit's starting to get real now. @An_Arty_Player_Hits_You was right,the second half of the show is definitely better than the first.

Dunno about that.

but i terms of brutal Mirai Nikki certainly has its moments, But compared to Akame Ga Kill its not as bad. Though for me i couldn't take Akame Ga Kill Deaths seriously because it felt like an "important" character was dying every episode, that on top of almost none of the characters getting any kind of a meaningful back story made it worse.

5 hours ago, LordSilen said:

Haven't watched Barakamon yet, I just got into episode 2 of Handa-kun before ditching it to finish binging GATE instead, the comedy is a bit of a miss for me, but its funny although somewhat cringy in some part personally, somewhat like Watamote where I can't binge watch it cause I just can't stomach the joke.

That said, finished watching GATE s1 and s2, I feel like this is some sort of a propaganda for encouraging more people to enlist in japan :yuefei:

7 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Handa-kun for an anime is quiet something isn't it... :yuefei:

The amount of misunderstanding is just off the charts.

ITT barakamon

6 hours ago, LordSilen said:

aayyy page 113
How long will the thread survive I wonder.
uoefYgi.gif

ITT DST =3

5 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Dunno about that.

but i terms of brutal Mirai Nikki certainly has its moments, But compared to Akame Ga Kill its not as bad. Though for me i couldn't take Akame Ga Kill Deaths seriously because it felt like an "important" character was dying every episode, that on top of almost none of the characters getting any kind of a meaningful back story made it worse.

Mirai Nikki solid shit memes/10 and 7/10 MC is shit, story's pretty shit too
Akame Ga Kill Solid shit memes/10 and 7/10 Story's ok, Plot's pretty shit too

13 hours ago, robosapieo said:

EDIT: NVM what I just said.Shit's starting to get real now. @An_Arty_Player_Hits_You was right,the second half of the show is definitely better than the first.

I was refering to the first part of his statement and 2nd part of his statement

Mirai Nikki is pretty flat in terms of plot progression, but yes, the 2nd half of the anime is remarkably better than the first mainly because the MC isn't as shit as the first half, but is still pretty shit/10 MC

10 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

Mirai Nikki solid shit memes/10 and 7/10 MC is shit, story's pretty shit too
Akame Ga Kill Solid shit memes/10 and 7/10 Story's ok, Plot's pretty shit too

Mirai Nikki is pretty flat in terms of plot progression, but yes, the 2nd half of the anime is remarkably better than the first mainly because the MC isn't as shit as the first half, but is still pretty shit/10 MC

good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through

Just now, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

I'm just telling you both anime were pretty "meh"/10

i enjoyed Mirai Nikki, i agree with you the MC is pretty shit. (like Ganta from Deadman Wonderland)

But overall i enjoyed it enough to finish it, Akame on the other hand you could say rustled my very own jimmes. though that was because people died to damned fast for me to keep up with much less care about. And by the end of Akame i didn't really give a shit that so many people died which made me not really care about the overall show that much. 

7 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i enjoyed Mirai Nikki, i agree with you the MC is pretty shit. (like Ganta from Deadman Wonderland)

But overall i enjoyed it enough to finish it, Akame on the other hand you could say rustled my very own jimmes. though that was because people died to damned fast for me to keep up with much less care about. And by the end of Akame i didn't really give a shit that so many people died which made me not really care about the overall show that much. 

I don't really drop much or any animus... it's a terrible condition

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Same, i always to see it through to the end, even if its bad.

Yeah me too.Owari no seraph is the only one I've dropped so far.I remember when I started watching Steins;Gate and thought "meh this is pretty boring,I should drop it" but the show picked up after episode 8 and I thought "Hey this is pretty good" and then it really REALLY picked up after ep.18 and I thought "This is a show that every person on the planet needs to see"

Also, almost exactly 1 year ago from today,I discovered the masterpiece that is FMA:B. I really want to rewatch it but,no time :( ."It's a bad day for rain"....that's still my favorite moment from any anime ever.

2 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Also, almost exactly 1 year ago from today,I discovered the masterpiece that is FMA:B. I really want to rewatch it but,no time :( ."It's a bad day for rain"....that's still my favorite moment from any anime ever.

did you ever watch FMA? or did you skip it in favor of FMAB? (FMA/FMAB is one of my all-time favorite anime's)

7 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

did you ever watch FMA? or did you skip it in favor of FMAB? (FMA/FMAB is one of my all-time favorite anime's)

Skipped the original.Just watched Brotherhood because I read that it followed the manga more closely and had a proper ending.Apparently the original came out while the manga was still not finished

Skipped the original.Just watched Brotherhood because I read that it followed the manga more closely and had a proper ending.Apparently the original came out while the manga was still not finished

while that is true FMA is still worth watching, its has a much Darker tone than FMAB and a totally different story. the only real similarities between FMA and FMAB are the characters and the first 10-13 episodes, after that they veer towards totally different directions and have totally different endings. So while i do like FMAB better i still thought both were good. (especially the soundtracks for both)

Also for more Spice & Wolf....

But why wait when you can have this :3

@LordSilen What is that kawaii Don't Starve gif :O how do I do that...

Feel bad to have missed out on all the Mirai Nikki discussion.  For what its worth I actually think the dub is worth listening to as the character's voices are significantly less ear-grating.  

Also, since I've missed out on practically a full season of anime, someone please give me the 3 shows from the summer that I need to watch, and the 5 shows in the fall that I should look forward to.

44 minutes ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

But why wait when you can have this :3

@LordSilen What is that kawaii Don't Starve gif :O how do I do that...

Feel bad to have missed out on all the Mirai Nikki discussion.  For what its worth I actually think the dub is worth listening to as the character's voices are significantly less ear-grating.  

Also, since I've missed out on practically a full season of anime, someone please give me the 3 shows from the summer that I need to watch, and the 5 shows in the fall that I should look forward to.

oh hey, i sent you that link =3

mods

On 9/20/2016 at 2:48 AM, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

But everyone loves a bitch pansy ass useless MC

:kjugh:

hm..... I forget what shows were showing this summer... and I havn't looked at the fall schedule yet...

but..... basically nothing kek... New Game is semi not really but kinda like shirabako, its decent. uh dunno...

Stumbled on Planetarian, pretty good albeit the execution is a bit forced on some end, kinda hoped they just make a more dynamic flow instead of something like a segregated segment where at one its a feel good moment then its theatrical drama the next. Still, for a 5 episode anime, it achieved more than something like Plastic Memories at least when it comes to synthetic life.

Like, in the 2nd or 3rd episode I think, Yumemi already make a point that a different model of the robot can cry but she can't, which at the last episode, this was reiterated again, more than once on the same segment, that she can't cry with rain happening, its pretty clear that at one point the rain will make for the tears at the end, instead it kept being reiterated that she can't cry and will probably cry at that point, which could've been better if she was telling more about how the planetarium was and how the staff was back then instead of reiterating about the crying bit, and make the part where the rainwater starts to wells up near her eyes a more effective build up to the drama. Also I feel like there's a big miss regarding the MC-kun, its shown that he was a kid before the bomb dropped and renders the city inhabitable, wearing a constellation necklace. Could've made that the MC-kun was one of customer back then with either A.) Mother or B.) sister or C.) the whole family and got the necklace after winning something or it was bought there for some commemoration, and MC-kun reason to help fixing the projection device and helping Yumemi was a part of him wanting to get another glimpse to the better days that he forgotten and then reminded again in some end scene (preferably at the part where author is too busy reiterating how robot can't cry).

3 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

hm..... I forget what shows were showing this summer... and I havn't looked at the fall schedule yet...

but..... basically nothing kek... New Game is semi not really but kinda like shirabako, its decent. uh dunno...

I posted this last month didn't I?

https://static.neregate.com/2016/08/neregate.com-Fall-2016-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg
I plan on watching:
Working!!, 
Haikyuu, 
Drifters(?), 
Ajin S2, 
Euphonium S2, 
Brave Witches, 
Gundam Orphans S2, 
and maybe Keijo for da booty

idk about any of the other new stuff, I'll watch what looks interesting, and what I hear is gud.

4 hours ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

someone please give me the 3 shows from the summer that I need to watch, and the 5 shows in the fall that I should look forward to.

EZ, watch Mob Psycho 100, Re:Zero, 91 Days, and I'll add in Shokugeki no Souma S2, cuz it was as good as the first.
You as a Baccano! fan especially need to watch 91 Days.

8 minutes ago, LordSilen said:

I plan on watching:
Working!!, 
Haikyuu, 
Drifters(?), 
Ajin S2, 
Euphonium S2, 
Brave Witches, 
Gundam Orphans S2, 

idk about any of the other new stuff, I'll watch what looks interesting, and what I hear is gud.

Drifters?

I've personally been waiting for it to get a full adaptation since Hellsing Ultimate: The Dawn

OPM season 2 confirmed for next year according to MAL

....Hype?

BTW guys,was Ajin any good? I've heard that the animation can be unbearably choppy at times.Is it really that bad? Good animation makes or breaks a show for me so I didn't watch it when it first came out,but now I'm thinking of giving it a go.

45 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

....Hype?

BTW guys,was Ajin any good? I've heard that the animation can be unbearably choppy at times.Is it really that bad? Good animation makes or breaks a show for me so I didn't watch it when it first came out,but now I'm thinking of giving it a go.

Hype indeed...

CtM4au8VMAEai9w.jpg

4 hours ago, LordSilen said:

I plan on watching:
Working!!, 
Haikyuu, 
Drifters(?), 
Ajin S2, 
Euphonium S2, 
Brave Witches, 
Gundam Orphans S2, 

EZ, watch Mob Psycho 100, Re:Zero, 91 Days, and I'll add in Shokugeki no Souma S2, cuz it was as good as the first.
You as a Baccano! fan especially need to watch 91 Days.

oh yea... I forgot.. it's been a while and i've been busy, OK :feelsbad: 

can confirm for re:zero. mob psycho, shokugeki I guess... havn't watched 91 days yet. so no comment...

iirc, the season didn't look to appealing to activate my hype thrusters

....Hype?

I mean.... obviously OPM S2.... all the $$$$$$$$ + hype = s2 esp w/ more content in manga avaiable

Ajin, uh tbh I'd say skip it.... watch a couple eps for some of the fight scenes but honestly skip it and read the manga...

for example, there's some fight scenes such as these which make it fun to watch... won't say animation was choppy b/c it was definately an improvement over their past anime's with the same tech (visual 3d animation style) 

aka.... tl:dr... watch for the action scenes, pretty gud/10
reg animation is pretty much same as their past series Knights of Sidonia, which was... ok.....

Spoilers cuz... obviously... but if you do wanna know about the "choppy animation" just check the 2nd vid for the part that isn't an action scene... 

The production company, Polygon Pictures, are the guys who brought you the decent anime's called Knights of Sidonia, aka Sidonia no Kishi

obviously the fight scene animations are pretty good, but imo most animu's that use 3d are drop the ball everywhere else besides action scenes... cuz... actions scenes are pretty ez to make look good

^ is demo's review of expelled from paradise.. a 3d animu movie

skip to 2 min 30 sec if you want a super brief explanation of why people dont like 3d in animu, or full 3d animu's

The main problem of it's choppy-ness is pretty much just in the visual art style in itself, compared to what we're used to, especially since it's full 3d and not just something like REDLINE... 

5 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Ajin is good as a popcorn-esque thriller, it keeps you entertained and little else. As for the animation it depends if you're picky over 3D rendering (as the show is entirely 3D). Personally I had no problem with it, and Polygon is probably the best studio doing that format at the moment. Also not choppy from what I remember.

Also the Fall season should be decent, something like 75 series airing IIRC. Except Saturday is going to be insane, 14 shows on that day. Whoever the hell scheduled that needs to seriously question their life choices