Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

Caught the flu a few days ago so I needed some chill shows to watch while recovering and I found Amaama to Inazuma.Shit's good yo.Though I don't feel like binge watching it in the same way I did Flying Witch.Tsumugi is literally the cutest thing ever

While we're on the subject, (are we really tho?) how much of a mindf*ck is Evangelion really?I've been wanting to watch it for a long time but I've heard that it's pretty hard to get a grasp of the story and you're left with fewer braincells by the end than you had when you started watching (though I think that won't affect me much since I play WoT).Do the 3 movies clear everything up?

PS: I didn't think there'd be a person in this thread that was more of an anime noob than me  (@TriggrHPY)

PPS: Page 115 HYPE :disco::disco::disco:

I feel like Eva is a mindfuck only in the sense that you can try really really hard to understand something and draw parallels to it when it's really just the creative vomit of someone who was suffering from crippling anxiety and depression at the time they made it.

Hella nice animation though. If that's your thing, it might be worth watching.

5 hours ago, robosapieo said:

While we're on the subject, how much of a mindf*ck is Evangelion really?

As Roku highlights, it's a deliberately confusing series that only becomes a mindf*ck if you treat it as one. I'd advise against that though as digging into Eva doesn't really yield anything, and anyone who tries to tell you there's some hidden meaning(s) is lying through their teeth.

Basically you watch for the mechas and the perpetual struggle of Shinji refusing to get into the damn robot :ohnyes:

9 hours ago, robosapieo said:

While we're on the subject, (are we really tho?) how much of a mindf*ck is Evangelion really?I've been wanting to watch it for a long time but I've heard that it's pretty hard to get a grasp of the story and you're left with fewer braincells by the end than you had when you started watching (though I think that won't affect me much since I play WoT).Do the 3 movies clear everything up?

PS: I didn't think there'd be a person in this thread that was more of an anime noob than me  (@TriggrHPY)

PPS: Page 115 HYPE :disco::disco::disco:

7 hours ago, TriggrHPY said:

?

KEK wowwwww

5 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

he's new, so you will have to excuse his lack of knowledge.

:ohnyes: 

ikr... but still geez @robosapieo, better respect your elders, @TriggrHPY just doesnt post much

also if you thought what he was refering to was being a noob.... that's... REALLY showing your green there robo

2 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

KEK wowwwww

ikr... but still geez @robosapieo, better respect your elders, @TriggrHPY just doesnt post much

also if you thought what he was refering to was being a noob.... that's... REALLY showing your green there robo

He has 28 shows completed on his MAL(or does he just not update it?) .Which is fewer than I have.That's what I meant.Sorry if I said anything I wasn't supposed to.

So it looks like Evangelion won't be for me.What should I watch after Amaama to inazuma; Arslan senki or JoJo series?

1 hour ago, robosapieo said:

What should I watch after Amaama to inazuma; Arslan senki or JoJo series?

I wouldn't recommend Arslan, as there is no ending in the anime, it is left wide open, ripe for a continuation/finale that may never come. Figured I better warn ya now.
The longer, far more popular, and more colorful, scream-athon that is JoJo, would all in all probably leave you far more satisfied.

7 hours ago, Covalent said:

As Roku highlights, it's a deliberately confusing series that only becomes a mindf*ck if you treat it as one. I'd advise against that though as digging into Eva doesn't really yield anything, and anyone who tries to tell you there's some hidden meaning(s) is lying through their teeth.

Basically you watch for the mechas and the perpetual struggle of Shinji refusing to get into the damn robot :ohnyes:

my god that is gold

(888th post top kek)

3 hours ago, robosapieo said:

He has 28 shows completed on his MAL(or does he just not update it?) .Which is fewer than I have.That's what I meant.Sorry if I said anything I wasn't supposed to.

So it looks like Evangelion won't be for me.What should I watch after Amaama to inazuma; Arslan senki or JoJo series?

I never update my MAL m8 :3. I'm quite lazy in that respect.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:43 AM, TriggrHPY said:

I guess I should finally jump on the Re:Zero hype train then?

On a completely unrelated note, I just binged Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Usually I don't watch anime where boob physics take up 3/5 of the animation budget but this amine just kind of spoke to me. I regret nothing :3.

You should have jumped on it as it was leaving the station, not after it's already arrived :P

KonoSuba is great anyways.  No shame on that one, it's just fun.

Sorry if I said anything I wasn't supposed to.

Don't worry dude, Trigger actually is a casual (it's just impolite to say so to his face :P)

15 hours ago, robosapieo said:

Jojo

3 hours ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

You should have jumped on it as it was leaving the station, not after it's already arrived :P

KonoSuba is great anyways.  No shame on that one, it's just fun.

Don't worry dude, Trigger actually is a casual (it's just impolite to say so to his face :P)

This =p

Hmm... Shuumatsu no Izetta is probably my favorite thing that's had a first episode so far that I've seen. The art is pleasant and familiar and I really enjoyed the soundtrack and the consistent animation.

Has anyone watched Bloodivores? I got about 10 minutes into it and tapped out. When I read about it I was on the fence about the premise, but the setting sounded neat... show just failed to entertain and I think I rolled my eyes at least twice in the time I watched it :doge:

Finished Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry out of curiousity. I suppose just like the MC-kun, the show redeeming factor was only the final fight between MC and Todo, although its also disappointing since the clash isn't shown, I mean, I know its supposed to go as fast as lightning going by the show logic, but surely instead of just showing the other cast in the audience row, they can animate it the clash between the two nearly to the point of the slash, back off, show the whole arena, then put some flash effect for the actual clash, show the 2 posing after the slash, then go to the crumbling part. I legit like that final clash buildup, especially when the sword is drawn during the Raikiri, but what do I know, I'm no animator.

On a different note, finished watching Classroom Crisis, loved it, although kinda too bad it only have 13 episodes, it feels like it have more to show for if it's a 2-cour show since the whole classroom students itself have actual characteristics to them, yet all the details are just teased. Also the romance development leading to the end feels rushed, plot wise its really enjoyable, great even, and most of the company related stuff (hierarchy, administration and all) makes sense real-life wise. Kaito Sera as a character is also something I highly liked about the show, the character depicted as a simple yet reliable person just like how engineering designs are supposed to be, simple yet robust. :yuefei:

On a side note, why is Netoge No Yome have Universal intro :look:

57 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

Rakudai looks really similar to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.Is it just as "meh" or is it better?

"similiar" except one's ok, and the other one is definately "meh"/10

aka its a shittier koukou rettousei with lots of "plot"

14 hours ago, Roku said:

Hmm... Shuumatsu no Izetta is probably my favorite thing that's had a first episode so far that I've seen. The art is pleasant and familiar and I really enjoyed the soundtrack and the consistent animation.

Has anyone watched Bloodivores? I got about 10 minutes into it and tapped out. When I read about it I was on the fence about the premise, but the setting sounded neat... show just failed to entertain and I think I rolled my eyes at least twice in the time I watched it :doge:

@LordSilen says

oo

Panzers found!

.eJwNxMENwyAMAMBdGADHhkCaNTpAhQiCSAlG2H1V3b29x33Me15mN011yA5wnJJ5HlaUZ6rFVuZ6lTROsZlvSKopt7t0FUCPC21Ea8AY_4UFyOEjri4iITnyW_DwzLOULo315ezo1Xx_tUMkag.Wk03dasJ2O7RX-1v2sd-X7yA-P0?width=400&height=222

watching
these Panzer IIIs are pretty darn accurate(edited)

.eJwNxFEOgyAMANC7cABqK4J6jR1gIUjARCmh9WvZ3bf38T7mGZfZTVXtsgMcpyQehxXlEUu2hblcOfZTbOIbompM9c5NBdDhRCvR4jGEf34CmnELYaM5LOTJIa3wSiPnJpX17WxvxXx_to0kdQ.LsM5X3o1HpX-fnHVCbcGptoNnvM?width=400&height=222

oh

thaaaats what the AT rifle is for(edited)

shoulda seen that comin

also... for bloodivores.... just a skimming of MAL's synposis makes me want to really not even watch an ep

2 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

also... for bloodivores.... just a skimming of MAL's synposis makes me want to really not even watch an ep

This part is Clicker speaking not me,
but yeah Shuumatsu no Izetta has my interest due to its seemingly historical WWII setting, I'm just waiting for anime Hitler to show up.
As for Bloodivores its in that position of me "having my eye on it" but not actually watching it unless I get an indicator of it being good or not.

Just watched the first episode of Shuumatsu.It looks hella cool.Kinda reminds me of Code Geass,you know,with the roman name for Great Britain and a mysterious girl being secretly transported to the emperor inside a glass chamber only to be rescued by our MC,who is also royalty.The animation was great and the music was fukin incredible.

Any other decent shows that have/are about to come out that I should watch?

6 hours ago, LordSilen said:

This part is Clicker speaking not me,
but yeah Shuumatsu no Izetta has my interest due to its seemingly historical WWII setting, I'm just waiting for anime Hitler to show up.
As for Bloodivores its in that position of me "having my eye on it" but not actually watching it unless I get an indicator of it being good or not.

the damn copy paste fucked up the formatting and i didn't notice =(