Jump to content
Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

Recommended Posts

oh gawd this season... so bad I'm basically clinging on drifters as a last straw (plsdon'tbeshitplsdon'tbeshit)

So yeah we get another season that looks to be abysmal so far.

Saving grace is probably the one hidden gem we have yet to discover.

That Izetta thing checks all my usual alarms to not get hyped. "15-17 year old saving her country and the world" is something that gets me cringing instantly. Oh wait it gets better, did I just watch half a copy pasted opening episode from Code Geass? Oh look its probably Aldnoah Zero set in WW2. At least its bearable to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i Just finished Ushio & Tora and.........

Ho-Lee-Fuk, this show was pretty Dank/10. i very much enjoyed and it was well worth the watch.

The Only real thing that annoyed me was the shows tendency to serve you a big hot plate of epic, followed by a sucker punch to the feels.

I'am surprised this show didn't get more recognition, its great, the art style is fun and the soundtrack was amazing too.

Ushio.to.Tora.full.77440.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i Just finished Ushio & Tora and.........

Ho-Lee-Fuk, this show was pretty Dank/10. i very much enjoyed and it was well worth the watch.

The Only real thing that annoyed me was the shows tendency to serve you a big hot plate of epic, followed by a sucker punch to the feels.

I'am surprised this show didn't get more recognition, its great, the art style is fun and the soundtrack was amazing too.

Huh... I remember watching like 5 episodes and dropping it afterwards. After that I had the impression it would turn out to be another Shonen and too tame/flat for my taste.

Does it step up it's game later on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

Huh... I remember watching like 5 episodes and dropping it afterwards. After that I had the impression it would turn out to be another Shonen and too tame/flat for my taste.

Does it step up it's game later on?

key-word: later.

i'd say give it 10 episodes, i admit it starts out kinda weak. but the second-half of season 1, and all of season 2 are pretty fucking Dank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season does seem a bit bleak so far, only things I've watched that I really enjoyed were IBO and Izetta. I haven't tried the new Working because it's not the same cast I guess? I'm sure it'll be endearing and funny, but I liked the old crew.

Fune wo Amu, Natsume Yuujinchou Go, Nanbaka and Occult;Nine make up the rest of the stuff I was planning on watching. Flip Flappers too, mostly because I enjoyed Dimension W so much and figured I'd give it a chance. Out of the stuff I have yet to watch, I'm looking forward to Natsume the most because that show has never failed to grant me strangely high amounts of relaxation, enjoyment and feels. Right behind that would be Nanbaka I think because of its over the top color palette and character designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was finally able to convince my friend to get into animu but I don't know what show I should start him off with.Any suggestions? I was thinking AoT but I think it might be a tad overwhelming with all the shit that goes down in such a short period of time.Maybe a movie,like Princess Mononoke or Sword of the Stranger? He enjoys more serious stuff so I doubt he'll like Spirited Away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

So I was finally able to convince my friend to get into animu but I don't know what show I should start him off with.Any suggestions? I was thinking AoT but I think it might be a tad overwhelming with all the shit that goes down in such a short period of time.Maybe a movie,like Princess Mononoke or Sword of the Stranger? He enjoys more serious stuff so I doubt he'll like Spirited Away.

Space Dandy practically offers everything that every anime shows will ever have. It can be comedic, serious, goodfeels, sadfeels throughout its air time in season 1 and 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

So I was finally able to convince my friend to get into animu but I don't know what show I should start him off with.Any suggestions? I was thinking AoT but I think it might be a tad overwhelming with all the shit that goes down in such a short period of time.Maybe a movie,like Princess Mononoke or Sword of the Stranger? He enjoys more serious stuff so I doubt he'll like Spirited Away.

Hellsing ultimate, FMA/FMAB, Hero Acadima, Kabenari, etc. I would generally always recommend the more serious stuff for a first timer, keep em interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoooh, first episode of The Art Club has A problem is good, the animation is hella smooth too, also the spontaneous reaction for the gag is giving a nice vibe to the comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockhart77 said:

Space Dandy practically offers everything that every anime shows will ever have. It can be comedic, serious, goodfeels, sadfeels throughout its air time in season 1 and 2.

He hates sci-fi

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Hellsing ultimate, FMA/FMAB, Hero Acadima, Kabenari, etc. I would generally always recommend the more serious stuff for a first timer, keep em interested.

Hellsing and FMA are too long.That dude couldn't even finish one season of Rick and Morty in 2 months (Partly because,as I said earlier,he hates sci-fi and partly because...well... he's just too lazy).Hero academia has a bit too much goofy stuff and the MCs bitchiness might put him off.As for Kabaneri,I haven't seen it yet but I doubt it's better than AoT.So I guess AoT really is the best choice for him to start with

Also,I just watched the first episode of Trickster.Looks hella cool.Some people might think the characters are uninteresting but IMO the show seems to have a certain charm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robosapieo said:

He hates sci-fi

the only sci-fi the show have is just aesthetic purpose and visual medium for the story in most of the episodes. Its not the kind of sci-fi where it goes out of its own way to explain a lot of its scientific doohickeys

-_-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robosapieo said:

He hates sci-fi

Hellsing and FMA are too long.That dude couldn't even finish one season of Rick and Morty in 2 months (Partly because,as I said earlier,he hates sci-fi and partly because...well... he's just too lazy).Hero academia has a bit too much goofy stuff and the MCs bitchiness might put him off.As for Kabaneri,I haven't seen it yet but I doubt it's better than AoT.So I guess AoT really is the best choice for him to start with

Also,I just watched the first episode of Trickster.Looks hella cool.Some people might think the characters are uninteresting but IMO the show seems to have a certain charm

AoT has a more interesting story/plot, but i still feel that Kabenari if anything else is a close runner-up, Well worth the watch.

though of course both shows require you to wait year's for the next season :wut: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ange Vierge last season was such a travesty, but it looks like Silver Link is redeeming themselves right quick with Stella no Mahou :ohnyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

the only sci-fi the show have is just aesthetic purpose and visual medium for the story in most of the episodes. Its not the kind of sci-fi where it goes out of its own way to explain a lot of its scientific doohickeys

-_-)

I'll watch it this weekend and see how it is.I might make it his 2nd anime.I've heard good things about the show and the animation looks pretty dank.Definitely have high hopes for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

what? you afraid that another one of your "Potential Waifu's" is gonna bite the dust again?

no, but its a friends waifu and he keeps taking the piss because Yuuki dies ~_~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

no, but its a friends waifu and he keeps taking the piss because Yuuki dies ~_~

SPOILERZ JEEEEEEZ.

My anime noob friend might read this thread and he hasn't seen the show yet ~_~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 4:57 AM, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

So yeah we get another season that looks to be abysmal so far

 

On the bright side I won't feel like I'm missing anything.

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

no, but its a friends waifu and he keeps taking the piss because Yuuki dies ~_~

"UUUUH, ASKING FOR A FRIEND"

;^)

2 hours ago, robosapieo said:

My anime noob friend might read this thread and he hasn't seen the show yet ~_~

 

Don't worry it's not a show he wants to watch anyways.  Or at the very least its not a show that you should want him to want to watch :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...