Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

7 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Update: watching higirashi with 2 friends, 4 eps in and im already like holy fuck.

About to start watching konasuba tonight

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

lol I remember my first time watching higirashi....I was young so it was nothing short of a mind fuck.

Kys

30 days until I'm back in Japan bois, going to be hunting for laserdiscs and rare items in secondhand shops :cri:

Hope to get the other half of the Metal Armor Dragonar boxed set, as much of Slayers on LD as possible and a good player. This time around I have no obligations to bring gifts back home so I'm packing extra light and leaving a lot of room for hauling back my own goodies. The secondhand sections of some of the merch stores there have a crazy good selection of good condition rare statues that've been traded in, kind of hoping I might find an Ah! My Goddess anniversary statue that someone had to part with;

152073_s3.jpg

The amount of nice PreCure statues on the shelves of those stores is pretty high too, lucky me :doge:

2 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

:brokenheart: oh come now, you hurt my feels

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Wat

ah my b, i misread; i thought you guys wrote you liked higurashi, i just saw the anime title and saw red... b/c higurashi is shit and is bad and if you like it you should feel bad cuz you're bad.... excellent gif content tho

34 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

ah my b, i misread; i thought you guys wrote you liked higurashi, i just saw the anime title and saw red... b/c higurashi is shit and is bad and if you like it you should feel bad cuz you're bad.... excellent gif content tho

lol I don't like it per-say, but when I watched it i was like in the 6th grade and found it to be confusing beyond belief with the time arc's and all. The only thing I got from it was that the entire cast was bat-shit crazy

47 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

well as I said, 4 episodes in. im watching it with Yuno and Zoids.

ill decide whether I like it or not when we reach the end. but right now its in mindfuck mode apparently

11 hours ago, TriggrHPY said:

I'm looking for an anime to satisfy my thigh fetish. Any suggestions?

Thighs... thighs...... thats rather specific, usually the camera gravitates towards the butt.

Hmm the first thing I think of is Nazo no Kanojo X
tho it is much more of a drool fetish anime, it has some thigh attention too, if memory serves.

This week's episode of Flip Flappers blew me away, albeit for different reasons than episode 3. What an excellent anime.

11 hours ago, TriggrHPY said:

I'm looking for an anime to satisfy my thigh fetish. Any suggestions?

Flip Flappers is relevant to your interests.

5 hours ago, LordSilen said:

Hmm the first thing I think of is Nazo no Kanojo X
tho it is much more of a drool fetish anime, it has some thigh attention too, if memory serves.

There's actually a bit of almost everything, if you include the manga (which I recommend, should you finish the anime).

In other news, a new Grisaia VN has been announced (and the page is also translated fully in english). New characters, same school, acts as a sequel to the first. Not sure if you even need to read the others to get into this one, assuming you already have a general understanding of what happens in the previous installments.

so.... give girlish number at least 1 episode watch guys.... its literally so gr8 b/c of how cynical it is.... @LordSilen can give a slightly better description but 

(pic stolen from silen e47c9f3f76.jpg)

IMO, it actually made me laugh out loud..... it is pretty decent, give it a whirl

2 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

@LordSilen can give a slightly better description

Basically everyone is literally shit. 
They are all deplorable, self centered, egotistical, horrible human beings that don't give a fuck about anything, except how their superficial masks appear to others.
It's everything you hate about the human race all wrapped up in a cute lil bow, a nicely animated bow at that.
And that's the joke, It's so great. MC-chan is especially savage.
It's kind of a cynical depiction of the anime industry.

As I said on the Discords:
If this anime ends with the entire cast just getting straight up arrested and sent to jail for fraud or something,
that would be fucking fantastic 10/10
Fuck you Main Character-chan <3

uGpNNlx.gif
ybMOjpa.gif

Ugh I see what you mean @LordSilen @An_Arty_Player_Hits_You These characters are literally an animated form of the types of  people I hate. Whenever I meet people like this irl i either go far far away from them or I roast the shit outa them so hard they come back to reality, even if just for a moment......

So, Konosuba.

completely ridiculous, it does not even try to take itself seriously. 

but ITS SO GOOD

its hilarious, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

So, Konosuba.

but ITS SO GOOD

Season 2 HYPE!

GTO makes me want to be a teacher while simultaneously illustrating exactly why I should not ever be a teacher :doge:

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

So, Konosuba.

but ITS SO GOOD

I literally watched the OP/ED every single time because they are so good :3.

1 hour ago, Roku said:

GTO makes me want to be a teacher while simultaneously illustrating exactly why I should not ever be a teacher :doge:

GTO is gr8

To anyone not watching Fune wo Amu, aka The Great Passage.
81624l.jpg
The fuck are you doing, it's so damn good. 
The animation is so on point, it's nearly as good as Flip Flappers, only in a realistic way.
Currently it's one of the dark horses of this season imo, that everyone should watch.
edchiPb.gif

In other news, I've been watching Kaleido Star,
64977l.jpg
so far (~30 eps in), it's pretty decent.
I made the unfortunate mistake of watching Glass no Kamen before it tho, and Glass no Kamen blows this show outta the water. They are completely different stage shows, but I cannot help but unconsciously compare them.
And GODDAMN I haven't seen this many spelling mistakes in one show in a long ass time. I'm getting some serious PTSD from this shit.
Someone invent a time machine and give the animators a dictionary!
No really, this needs to be amended.

Fune wo Amu is really great, and it's a different kind of great from most other shows that makes it very easy to appreciate and watch, even if that type of show isn't normally your thing.

IBO is still going strong, so happy to see the big plot and all the players unfolding. One of the things I love about Gundam shows is the feeling of unease and anticipation of who is going to rip in a season. It's a win-win; either it's someone you love, and it makes the show that much more impactful for you, or it's someone you weren't that attached to and you're so relieved that the characters you're attached to get to keep living. Or, it's someone who really fucking deserved it, and it's so gratifying.

Like when Miyabi gets fucking rekt in GTO, hahaha. Fuck that whore.

1 hour ago, Roku said:

Like when Miyabi gets fucking rekt in GTO, hahaha. Fuck that whore.

Woah dude, chill. Depending on which version, mango or animeme, she had her reason :doge: