Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

4 hours ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

I actually have to disagree, I never did like Blake, and I started despising Ruby this season.

Blake's always seemed to be nothing more than a plot device to me.  "Oh, you're this dark and mysterious girl we just met and know nothing about?  Who are you, again?"  "Oh, you used to be a part of this terrorist organization that are now the Bad Guys?  How convenient!"  "Oh, you used to be in a relationship with the Head Bad Guy Dude?  How convenient!"  "Oh, you're related to the Head Bad Guy Dude Before The Bad Guys Were Bad, who also happens to be This One Place Leader Dude?  How convenient!"  I dunno, I guess I never did like Blake's character, and her having some type of relationship (and often introduction) of every major plot point thus far left a bad taste in my mouth.  Even with the Ozluminati wanting to make Pyrrha one of the maidens, Blake just so happens to be the ex of that one guy who just so happens to be the leader of the bad guys who just so happened to be the group that helped Cinder & Co. attack Beacon.

Ruby's less a reason, and more a kneejerk reaction to V4E7.  She got her ass kicked eight ways from Sunday, was repeatedly told, by both JNR and Qrow, that she was useless in the Tyrian fight, she was shown to be useless in the Tyrian fight on more than one occasion, so what does she do?  Why, run headlong into danger anyways, and be the SINGLE DIRECT REASON QROW ALMOST DIED!  And why?  "Oh, look at me, aren't I such a big strong scary Huntress now?"  And then JNR have the gall to keep looking up to her after she almost got her uncle killed for hubris' sake!  Yeah, sorry, no.  Put me with that group, and I'd be dropping Ruby faster than a pile of hot rocks.  If she almost got her family member killed because "she can totally do it and she really wants you to know she can totally do it", then what's stopping her from doing it again, except leaving you out to dry this time?

Although, RWBYPhysics(TM) aside, you won't catch me complaining too much on their weapons.  Definitely strict adherents of the Rule of Cool, something that I absolutely don't mind in the context.

Honestly, all that stuff, is stuff I dont really care about in a show to be honest, not unless its done really badly. 

But it wasnt done badley, it was done quite well. And all of the good points about RWBY far overwhelm any negatives it has. I actually dont find myself able to dislike any of the characters. Even the bad guys, as a whole the show is just done really well. 

16 hours ago, ComradeHX said:

Roman Bias (3 servants on field, cards are all for Nero):
GdTfbsQ.jpg

Bah, cancer on cancerous server. Play the real thing without the subtitles you filthy casual

On 2/6/2017 at 6:20 AM, xRightygamer said:

I was actually enjoying Masamune Kun a lot, until Tachibana this cunt arrived.

Reveal hidden contents

nOJADjS.png

aaaaaaand now the show is ruined. So disappointing considering the 4 episodes prior, I found enjoyable. I'm on the verge of dropping this outright, but I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if it's worth the increased risk of liver failure from all the frustration that I'll most definitely feel.

Well... the harem tag is already a red flag for imminent disappointment in story progression :doge: 

On another note, time to list another to-watch, and I forgot that Ga Rei Zero exist, saw an episode of it and was interesting plot set up but didn't follow up on finishing it. Karas and Wizard Barristers looks noice too 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:47 AM, lavawing said:

Bah, cancer on cancerous server. Play the real thing without the subtitles you filthy casual

I play the one that I don't need to look up translations(subtitles) for.  Also, China server == no need to wait for rerun events.

On 2/8/2017 at 11:32 AM, Lockhart77 said:

On another note, time to list another to-watch, and I forgot that Ga Rei Zero exist, saw an episode of it and was interesting plot set up but didn't follow up on finishing it. Karas and Wizard Barristers looks noice too 

If you value your free time don't watch Wizard Barristers, holy shit I still cringe at the bad animation roller coaster memories. The BD fixes some of it I hear:
http://streamable.com/ecitg
Even then story wise it's not anything to write home about and is borderline bad.

On 2/5/2017 at 6:20 PM, xRightygamer said:

I was actually enjoying Masamune Kun a lot, until Tachibana this cunt arrived.

Reveal hidden contents

nOJADjS.png

aaaaaaand now the show is ruined. So disappointing considering the 4 episodes prior, I found enjoyable. I'm on the verge of dropping this outright, but I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if it's worth the increased risk of liver failure from all the frustration that I'll most definitely feel.

Same I literally shouted "GOD NO!" when she showed up, her popping up right then could not have been more obvious if they put a 30 second spoiler note in the beginning. ugh

I'm still gonna watch, cuz I reserve my judgement on cancer until its noticeable, e.g. terminal.

13 hours ago, LordSilen said:

If you value your free time don't watch Wizard Barristers, holy shit I still cringe at the bad animation roller coaster memories. The BD fixes some of it I hear:
http://streamable.com/ecitg
Even then story wise it's not anything to write home about and is borderline bad.

Dem budget differences :kappa:

5 ep in on ga rei zero makes me wonder what is it with japan and lesbian pairing :doge:

On ep 6, I legit got pissed off by how timid this kagura bitch is :triggered:

jesus fucking christ on a cross cactus this show is mentally annoying with all the hidden hatred shindig and combined with this kagura girl fucking hell I'm skimming up to ep 11 and still gets annoyed by how the whole thing is paced :notlikethis:

fuck sake that ending too, just fuckin predictable :frenchy:

ALL THEY HAD TO DO IS JUST TALK

Haven't had much time to watch anime in a while because my time has been taken up by school and hellgrinding planes on War Thunder (for some reason I decided to get back into it). In the meantime, here's a link for a fan-translation of Shin Sekai Yori, to anyone here that's interested in reading LNs. I personally really enjoyed the anime, though I won't have time to actually read any of it until much, much later when I have loads of free time and don't feel compelled to constantly grind arbritrary numbers in whatever shit game I'm playing at the time.

@LordSilen Osu!Lazer is confirmed to have custom game modes; a user made a Project Diva style mode for it. You interested?

8 hours ago, xRightygamer said:

Haven't had much time to watch anime in a while because my time has been taken up by school and hellgrinding planes on War Thunder (for some reason I decided to get back into it). In the meantime, here's a link for a fan-translation of Shin Sekai Yori, to anyone here that's interested in reading LNs. I personally really enjoyed the anime, though I won't have time to actually read any of it until much, much later when I have loads of free time and don't feel compelled to constantly grind arbritrary numbers in whatever shit game I'm playing at the time.

@LordSilen Osu!Lazer is confirmed to have custom game modes; a user made a Project Diva style mode for it. You interested?

Oh right I forgot to look at this when u posted in Discord, I was busy with Tales of Berseria all day, and finally beating it. (rip da stream)

Ya it looks very interesting, tho I got my fill of Diva for the time being after playing everything in Future Tone.:disco:
I may look into it in the future if I need a Diva fix.

39 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

I wonder if shows like SAO are hated as much in Japan as they are in the rest of the world

IMO, I actually feel like the majority of people in most places actually like it. It seems that it has its reputation because the minority that hates it is quite vocal, and liking SAO is seen as an indication of having poor taste. Any YouTube channel that makes reviews on anime will basically say the same shit about it. Now this in turn, has led to the widespread criticism of SAO. I don't necessarily agree with this though, because (mostly conjecture here) I feel that many people who hate on SAO, hate it because they've been told to hate it; they don't genuinely dislike the show. They could be doing this for a multitude of reasons, and seeing how I saw SAO fairly early on, back in my middle schoo days, I think I'm in a position to speak about this. When I started watching anime, I would only watch shows that were deemed "good", and so I would always watch/read multiple reviews on almost everything beforehand. Now this wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it gave me a feel for what I would come to like in anime, and most people that begin watching anime will watch mostly shows that are recommended to them. But this also made it so I never actually had an opinion, I didn't want to seem intellectual inferior or come off as having "bad taste" so I just stuck with what everyone (what the YouTube reviews said at least) and left it at that.

So here I am now, 6 years later, and I've seen some shit. Some good shit, some pretty shitty shit, but I don't regret it. Now that I've gained some experience and heard the opinions of other people, I feel comfortable enough to make my own opinions. This forum was actually a pretty good starting point for that, because I've been able to be more and more honest once I got my foot in the door. It seems like it all comes down to this: How does it make you feel? I never understood how @KraftLawrence could possibly enjoy so many of the shows he's watched. I think I have a good idea of it now. This does NOT mean I won't shit on you for having certain opinions. I've noticed over the years that people who make reviews on something, always seem to have an opinion based on how they feel about something. Similar to how an adaptation of something will skew the opinion of someone who has/hasn't experienced the source material. There's a reason why I haven't rated anything on MAL in almost 2 years. I simply cannot rate something on a numerical scale, knowing that someone else watching it will feel something completely different. I could give Railgun a full 10/10 because I fucking loved that show simply because of that, or I could be more "objective" and give it something like a 7/10. In the latter case, I'd be straight up lying to myself, because there's no way in hell I'd ever rate it a 7/10. On the other hand I simply can't say that it's a 10/10 because it is not a perfect show by any means, nor will most people agree that it is.

So after typing all of that (I had more to say, but I'd risk losing your interest, if I haven't already), I'm left feeling like everyone is inconsistent. We'll argue about which shows are good or bad; people will think they're better than people that watched the anime because they read the manga/novel beforehand; @Solono will think Fate is shit, my IRL friend will continue to like it; Kraft will will never finish White Album 2 because of Setsuna (fuck you), and yet...

...all is right in the world.

SAO was the first anime I watched, and is literally the entire reason I got in to anime in the first place. 

I mean sure, I've seen plenty of shows since then by now. a lot of them were better than SAO, but SAO wasn't BAD. I don't think its bad enough to get this cult following of haters it seems to have TBH, and it IS an extremely popular show, if it was a *bad* show then it wouldn't be as popular as it has become, would it?

I could be a little biased, I am a bit fond of it because of how it introduced me to anime. but eh. It has its issues, but when I watch a show, any show, anime or otherwise, I base it on how much I enjoy the show itself. if I am enjoying watching it, even if it has gaping plot holes, or shitty artwork, or whatever, I don't really care about the negatives. 

the only REAL criticism I have of the show is that they could of done SO MUCH MORE with SAO itself. we got 15 episodes of "SAO" and then its done, and everything else is just going forwards. I feel that if they recreated SAO progressive, and turned that into the Anime, and sort of merged it with the current Season 1, it would be hugely popular. IMO there was such a heap of content they could of written about with the concept of SAO itself, and they just didn't take it. 

I honestly would prefer that to what they're doing now, myself. 

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

SAO was the first anime I watched, and is literally the entire reason I got in to anime in the first place. 

I mean sure, I've seen plenty of shows since then by now. a lot of them were better than SAO, but SAO wasn't BAD.

Just wait till you watch even more, then look back at the first anime's you watched and liked... =/ dont worry, time will fix all

7 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

Just wait till you watch even more, then look back at the first anime's you watched and liked... =/ dont worry, time will fix all

I was planning on rewatching it at some point in the near future so yeah

6 hours ago, xRightygamer said:

. This does NOT mean I won't shit on you for having certain opinions. I've noticed over the years that people who make reviews on something, always seem to have an opinion based on how they feel about something. Similar to how an adaptation of something will skew the opinion of someone who has/hasn't experienced the source material. There's a reason why I haven't rated anything on MAL in almost 2 years. I simply cannot rate something on a numerical scale, knowing that someone else watching it will feel something completely different. I could give Railgun a full 10/10 because I fucking loved that show simply because of that, or I could be more "objective" and give it something like a 7/10. In the latter case, I'd be straight up lying to myself, because there's no way in hell I'd ever rate it a 7/10. On the other hand I simply can't say that it's a 10/10 because it is not a perfect show by any means, nor will most people agree that it is.

So after typing all of that (I had more to say, but I'd risk losing your interest, if I haven't already), I'm left feeling like everyone is inconsistent. We'll argue about which shows are good or bad; people will think they're better than people that watched the anime because they read the manga/novel beforehand; @Solono will think Fate is shit, my IRL friend will continue to like it; Kraft will will never finish White Album 2 because of Setsuna (fuck you), and yet...

yup, when i first started, it was pretty much subjective rating... as i watched more, and had more experience and devloped my tastes, i steered more towards either pure objective or a mix of objective/subjective rating.... i also havn't bothered updating ratings b/c it'd take a long time... in addition to i dont want to re rate all the shit i have watched... i kind of do want to like archive what rating i gave at what time i watched the anime, b/c itd be interesting to see how i rated things at a certain point of how early or later in my anime timeline and see how that affected the rating i gave

tl:dr pretty much everythings subjective no matter what but i'll gladly shit on you for loving an anime i hate and vice versa, its a-ok

pst. higurashi series is shit

ON ANOTHER NOTE

i rewatched detroit metal city...... still pretty good....

I also watched all the aired eps (6 of them obviously) of an anime called Onihei, tldr historical w/e samurai era cops... pretty good imo, its a loose plotted sol which actually utilized those shitty 3d models for crowds to their advantage sometimes like distinguishing notable characters in disguise in a crowd tailing a suspicious person

21 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - my first, and still one of my top 10's.

44 minutes ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

you see, some animes are classic first animes, and others are simply just introductory animes.... NGE is clearly 1, and SAO is obviously the other

I didn't mind SAO that much, thought it was pretty and decent adaptation of the manga.  That was the order, right?  LN > Manga > Anime?  Wish the second and third arcs weren't as condensed, and first arc ended more abruptly then in the manga...  But, I didn't feel I wasted my time mainlining it on Netflix.

SAO was also one of my firsts.I think that it's a show that every person who wants to get into anime should watch.I hadn't seen anything like it back then,so I enjoyed it.Now that I've seen a few more shows,I understand why some anime fans hated it and my rating for it has also dropped.I always try to find a good balance between subjective "enjoyment" and objective "goodness" when rating a show,which is why I gave AOT a 9/10 even though it's my favorite anime of all time.

On 2/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, xRightygamer said:

after typing all of that (I had more to say, but I'd risk losing your interest, if I haven't already), I'm left feeling like everyone is inconsistent. We'll argue about which shows are good or bad; people will think they're better than people that watched the anime because they read the manga/novel beforehand; @Solono will think Fate is shit, my IRL friend will continue to like it; Kraft will will never finish White Album 2 because of Setsuna (fuck you), and yet...

White Album 2 is a dum anime where dum kuudere wins

but tbh, my fav girls almost never win cuz I tend to like the childhood friend type, oh well.

23 hours ago, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

My first few 2 series were School Rumble and this show called Saikano. Will never forget both those shows, i think Saikano is the show that got me into the whole sad anime stuff. Still don't think it's a bad show.

And school rumble is awesome, i mean.. who can't love tenma? XD

5 hours ago, KraftLawrence said:

White Album 2 is a dum anime where dum kuudere wins

but tbh, my fav girls almost never win cuz I tend to like the childhood friend type, oh well.

Ogiso is shit in WA2.

She's like Sakura from Fate/Stay Night, minus the penis worms and potentially disastrous ending(those were the best parts yet Sakura is still shit too).  So nobody truly gives a shit about her.

I had to Ctrl through her arc in WA2 visual novel to get to the true ending for Touma.