Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

I'll just interject here to say that 热干面 was one of the best things to happen to me in 2010.

I'm ready to begin watching Code Geass...as soon as I find the time. :(

I miss cheap and convenient Chinese food in general :/

And don't go into Code Geass with any hype, because it's extremely entry level so just watch it.

I miss cheap and convenient Chinese food in general :/

And don't go into Code Geass with any hype, because it's extremely entry level so just watch it.

First season deserved the hype. Second season was forgettable by and large.

Well, I haven't really gotten into anything Muv Luv related besides Total Eclipse, which just felt like wasted potential to me. With Schwarzesmarken coming up in the Winter, I got curious. So I went and started the LN, my initial reaction is pretty similar to a watered down version of my reaction to Hakomari. Something tells me I'm going to feel the same way I did Aldnoah.Zero, with the adaptati - wait... FRIPSIDE?!

Oh shit, I heard "laserjagd" near the end of the trailer. Feels weird being hyped about something for once... just adds to the disappointment in the end. 

Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit

Edit: Should clarify, the above video is from the VN trailer.

Edited by xRightygamer

Well, I haven't really gotten into anything Muv Luv related besides Total Eclipse, which just felt like wasted potential to me. With Schwarzesmarken coming up in the Winter, I got curious. So I went and started the LN, my initial reaction is pretty similar to a watered down version of my reaction to Hakomari. Something tells me I'm going to feel the same way I did Aldnoah.Zero, with the adaptati - wait... FRIPSIDE?!

Oh shit, I heard "laserjagd" near the end of the trailer. Feels weird being hyped about something for once... just adds to the disappointment in the end. 

Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit Please don't be shit

If the anime is from the same team as Total Eclipse, it'll probably be shit. The VN can be good or bad, but we'll find out when it gets translated in 5 years.

Original Muv-Luv trilogy anime never.

If the anime is from the same team as Total Eclipse, it'll probably be shit. The VN can be good or bad, but we'll find out when it gets translated in 5 years.

Pretty sure it's the same studio, I see ixtl working on both of them. I mean, if Schwarzesmarken actually takes itself seriously, it could be a contender. All they have to do is follow the LN.

It'll... bad....

IK that feel trumpt...

Pretty sure it's the same studio, I see ixtl working on both of them. I mean, if Schwarzesmarken actually takes itself seriously, it could be a contender. All they have to do is follow the LN.

Contender... to not be as shit.... so.. it could turn out ok..... hopefully..... but you know... we say those words for a lot of animes

To clarify, the "laser Jagd" in the speech at the end essentially describes the unit's mission - The 666 squadron is a raider unit dedicated to killing Laser-class and Heavy Laser class BETA (those scrotum bag dudes). Because of the strategic importance of Laser-classes, the 666 squadron's mission takes precedence over anything else, including SOS calls from friendly units.

It'll... bad....

IK that feel trumpt...

Contender... to not be as shit.... so.. it could turn out ok..... hopefully..... but you know... we say those words for a lot of animes

Main studio behind it is LIDEN films who were behind Arslan Senki. Maybe there is a chance?

Anybody watching The Perfect Insider? 

Too spooky. 

How similar is this to Ranpo Kitan? If you've seen that of course. Otherwise, is the mystery forced?

How similar is this to Ranpo Kitan. If you've seen that of course. Otherwise, is the mystery forced?

I haven't seen it. And no it's not forced. But it certainly has a an interesting ring to it, already in the first 3 episodes. 

Dialogue is great and (apparently) there are lots of clues that are apparent but will only make sense once later episodes come out. I'd give it a watch if I were you. Just have the lights mostly on in your room for the second episode. 

I haven't seen it. And no it's not forced. But it certainly has a an interesting ring to it, already in the first 3 episodes. 

Dialogue is great and (apparently) there are lots of clues that are apparent but will only make sense once later episodes come out. I'd give it a watch if I were you. Just have the lights mostly on in your room for the second episode. 

It's 11 pm and my brother's sleeping, can't exactly turn the lights on. Come one, an anime being scary? What's the worse that can happen...

On this week's installment of Nebby's, anime-from-this-season-that-you-might-have-missed-but-might-be-worth-giving-a-try, we'll be taking a look at Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru.

I just watched the first episode, but hadn't seen anyone talking about it, so I thought I'd bring it up here just to make sure people knew it existed.  From what I can tell so far, it's a mystery show surrounding the forensics of bones, and follows Cut-and-paste-limp-dick-highschool-boy-kun's adventures and misadventures with some young Osteologist beauty, who seems very un-kawaii, but actually has an adorable love for bones.  The show essentially rides on whether or not you find her character to be fun, as the rest of the cast does not (and I predict, will not) give her much of a hand in terms of soliciting the viewer's engagement.  While it is technically a mystery show, but none of the mystery elements in the first episode were good enough to make me want to watch the show for the mystery alone.  So mystery fans, it's something to have on your radar, but it will not likely be an automatic watch for you.

Like I said, I had not seen anyone talking about this show in here, but if anyone has been watching this too, please chime in.

I myself rather liked the first episode, and will be continuing the show sometime in the future, with high hopes.

Thanks for joining me this week for a look at the bone-fetish-femdom mystery Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru!  Don't forget to come back next week for another installment of anime-from-this-season-that-you-might-have-missed-but-might-be-worth-giving-a-try with Nebby!

can confirm sakurakou-san is awesome.

it's actually my 2nd fav show this season behind Itsuwari no Kamen, i'd say tied with Haikyuu, and just ahead of K: Return of Kings.

One Punch started out really funny, but the same sort of humor has already gotten old for me by the 3rd ep. I don't know if it even passed the 3-episode test for me tbh.

Owarimonogatari also dropped.

@dia ya i'm watching that, I like it - tho I think sakurakou-san is the better mystery this season. Subete F has more popular source material though, that's for sure.

..and that covers all the new shows i'm watching this season. On the fence as to whether I want to get into Hidan no Aria season 2 - I watched season 1 and it was barely watcheable ~.~

On this week's installment of Nebby's, anime-from-this-season-that-you-might-have-missed-but-might-be-worth-giving-a-try, we'll be taking a look at Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru.

I just watched the first episode, but hadn't seen anyone talking about it, so I thought I'd bring it up here just to make sure people knew it existed.  From what I can tell so far, it's a mystery show surrounding the forensics of bones, and follows Cut-and-paste-limp-dick-highschool-boy-kun's adventures and misadventures with some young Osteologist beauty, who seems very un-kawaii, but actually has an adorable love for bones.  The show essentially rides on whether or not you find her character to be fun, as the rest of the cast does not (and I predict, will not) give her much of a hand in terms of soliciting the viewer's engagement.  While it is technically a mystery show, but none of the mystery elements in the first episode were good enough to make me want to watch the show for the mystery alone.  So mystery fans, it's something to have on your radar, but it will not likely be an automatic watch for you.

Like I said, I had not seen anyone talking about this show in here, but if anyone has been watching this too, please chime in.

I myself rather liked the first episode, and will be continuing the show sometime in the future, with high hopes.

Thanks for joining me this week for a look at the bone-fetish-femdom mystery Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru!  Don't forget to come back next week for another installment of anime-from-this-season-that-you-might-have-missed-but-might-be-worth-giving-a-try with Nebby!

^ There's nothing more damning than faint praise...

New FMP out?

Hidden Content

PRAISE THE SUN!

Well Noragami sure has justified why i watched the first season.

I started watching season 1 because of the ED song (I know, odd reasoning) and found it pretty good. Is season 2 as awesome as sliced bread and dank memes?

Been watching couple of animes that been aired recently like One Punch Man, The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST, Young Black Jack, Ushio to Tora, Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon, MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans, etc...

So..... What to watch while waiting every weeks for the new episodes to come out? ._.

Been watching couple of animes that been aired recently like One Punch Man, The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST, Young Black Jack, Ushio to Tora, Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon, MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans, etc...

So..... What to watch while waiting every weeks for the new episodes to come out? ._.

Every uc gundam show.