Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

Grimgar seems like it'll be fun. Always happy to have another fantasy show around.

All my misadventures as a level 1 in Dungeons and Dragons made the opening sequence especially familiar, lol.

@KnobbyHobbGoblin

GATE Season Two:

picked up right where s1 ended so i don't know what to say, i guess it was alright. though they did do a great job with making me hate Princess Pina's brother Zolzal hope he dies ,and if so i cant wait to see that Fucker Die.

oh and @Altorax yeah not enough Rory.

Agreed I hope he dies most painfully. And the hand of a warrior bunny no less.

ERASED:

yeah i am with @KnobbyHobbGoblin with this one, the hype-thrusters have indeed been activated, now i just want to google and see if this is based off a manga or if its new material to see how much they have to work with. 

can confrim (manga is dank to... so fucking dank)

Manga is gud, is pretty far ahead, like ajin, need some more eps to know how much content they're going to be bringing in per ep (pacing)

Btw ajin is purty good too,did the ep come out yet.?

Damn this season is not bad at all

Biggest surprise so far are Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (how the fuck did they get a budget big enough to make 50 minute episodes for a show like this, unbelievable...)

Very pleased with the whole season so far, a lot of stuff that won't make you regret watching a episode a week.

@xRightygamer Put the schwarz stuff in a spoiler tag pls.

Though as spoilers go you've haven't spoiled much and gave very good backstory. The Gretel granting asylum scene is particularly important because it sets the tone for the political mood - people are fucking paranoid with all the surveillance and double-guessing and it gives a plausible reason for why the new girl joins (she's the narrative foil for most of the stuff that happens, being a literal fish out of water in the oppressive Stasi regime and completely clueless like the audience on what the world is like).

Dimension W also looking fairly promising.

Yup, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first episode. Environmental art and action animation quality is top notch. A bit early to tell but story might be a bit weak, with somewhat poor choice of exposition methods ("show, don't tell").

Blitz watched Overlord:

I was skeptical at first when i read the synopsis, Mostly due to the fact that ever since SAO came out there has been a very large number of these Fantasy like anime trying to get in on the hype-train. (GATE, "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka", and others) so i have been very hypocritical of these shows when watching them because i feel like some are desperately trying to be something they are not.  

Anyway it turned out to be very entertaining and honestly there isn't much i can say other than i enjoyed it. it provided a very interesting plot and story, though if i had to nitpick on anything it would be the overly excessive praise and glorification that the guardians give to Ainz. at first it wasnt bad but after a while it got on my nerves, because at times i would be reading a paragraph or two of them literally just telling Ainz how great and powerful he was, like i would be sitting there thinking to myself "Holy Shit shut the Fuck up already and move On!".

ERASED:

yeah i am with @KnobbyHobbGoblin with this one, the hype-thrusters have indeed been activated, now i just want to google and see if this is based off a manga or if its new material to see how much they have to work with. 

GATE Season Two:

picked up right where s1 ended so i don't know what to say, i guess it was alright. though they did do a great job with making me hate Princess Pina's brother Zolzal hope he dies ,and if so i cant wait to see that Fucker Die.

oh and @Altorax yeah not enough Rory.

Overlord bored me, though there are points I enjoyed (really love how they upgraded the village over time).

ERASED is based off a manga series as someone else has already pointed out.

GATE 2 will focus more on the elf girls, with Rory only having significant screen time when they actually approach the dragon cave - nice lead-in on why Rory hates caves and the underground (i.e. her time in the subway back in s1).

Grimgar seems like it'll be fun. Always happy to have another fantasy show around.

All my misadventures as a level 1 in Dungeons and Dragons made the opening sequence especially familiar, lol.

Grimgar is another series that is being lifted by the strength of its art and animation quality right now. Story downright bores me so far. I want to see fights damnit, that first opening fight is not enough!

And did you critically fail on a push.? :kwim:

mEs0Vvr.jpg

@xRightygamer Put the schwarz stuff in a spoiler tag pls.

Though as spoilers go you've haven't spoiled much and gave very good backstory. The Gretel granting asylum scene is particularly important because it sets the tone for the political mood - people are fucking paranoid with all the surveillance and double-guessing and it gives a plausible reason for why the new girl joins (she's the narrative foil for most of the stuff that happens, being a literal fish out of water in the oppressive Stasi regime and completely clueless like the audience on what the world is like).

Spoilers were broken the last time I tried them, sorry.

If there was one thing I'd to see more of, is the political aspect. Not sure how it'd work in the anime since the fights would probably translate better, but I'm not feeling the same degree of paranoia. I do expect some damn good fights in that case though.

Let's see if this spoiler works

Nope...

Spoilers were broken the last time I tried them, sorry.

If there was one thing I'd to see more of, is the political aspect. Not sure how it'd work in the anime since the fights would probably translate better, but I'm not feeling the same degree of paranoia. I do expect some damn good fights in that case though.

When the other female lead is introduced, maybe. Expect more of the same shenanigans like with total eclipse final arc.

And did you critically fail on a push.? :kwim:

mEs0Vvr.jpg

Sad it won't embed but w/e; http://i.imgur.com/nmE6WVU.gifv

Last time I rolled a critical miss, I domed our fighter in the back of the head mid-encounter with a weapon that had been imbued to discharge the equivalent of 10 magic missiles on impact. He survived the huge damage, but if I'm remembering right, he failed the save vs massive damage and was rip.

So uh, Gintama. That latest episode...I don't even know what to say anymore.

Shhhh I'm not far enough into the series

is it good or bad?

So, I kinda finished on Dengeki Stryker, although only 2 route gone through, its, conflicting I musta say. The VA is definitely great, and there are animations in the VN itself which makes some of its moment to be that "uwoooh" moments when you're a child. Somehow stumbled on the supposedly (ugh) "love saga" on the first run and ends up knowing the enemy motives and characters better, like, what drove them to join the military et al, and (ugh again) the protagonist ended up "married" one of the enemy, there was less fighting and dying which makes me think its a pretty meek VN, the climax at the love saga could be a great tragedy story material, but I guess it'll be too cruel for its target audience. Then played again from a save point and entered the right track, and apparently there was more fighting and dying, some of the death was rather dramatic and some is just straight out cold :duneven: but due to my previous run being in the part where I get to see the more humane side of the enemy, its rather conflicting seeing them dying and all, maybe I got too immersed in the whole thang. The whole story feels somewhat rough, albeit it can be great. Definitely has its moments and its fair share of feels.

But hey, I got it on a discount and free so its worth it. (but daym, seeing the one char I liked sliced in half like that is just :duneven:)

Managed to summon the determination to start watching Owarimonogatari, 9 episodes in and I'm quite enjoying it. Should really take a look at all those Ghibli movies sometime...

Also Lockhart, I heard about the bombings, not sure if you're from Jakarta but is everyone okay?

Managed to summon the determination to start watching Owarimonogatari, 9 episodes in and I'm quite enjoying it. Should really take a look at all those Ghibli movies sometime...

Also Lockhart, I heard about the bombings, not sure if you're from Jakarta but is everyone okay?

I'm not based around that crappy city, so all is fine in where I'm at. Nothing that cause massive uproar, nationwide from what I see, its rather localized. 

Gate 2: Episode 2 (episode 14) is definitely a good watch. Though a twist of characters leave much to be desired. Tempted to pick the manga up but don't want to read ahead.