Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

10 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Are you that so called mid life crisis and lashing out your unchanneled animemery? :doge: 

I literally understand like 50% of the shit you type these days :doge:

In other news, mint condition Nadia LD collection is get!

Re0YV4y.jpg

I also snagged a Nausicaa LD in excellent condition since it was pretty much the first anime I'd ever watched!

4 hours ago, Roku said:

I literally understand like 50% of the shit you type these days :doge:

Working as intended

:happyfish:

Meanwhile, I still havnen't grown out of my fanfic phase. As much as I'm liking ERASED (boku dake) so far, it'll likely turn into an overrated mess. I have a week long break from school starting now, but I lack any enthusiasm to watch anything. Great, it seems Solono has won inside my mind. Thanks.

12 hours ago, xRightygamer said:

Meanwhile, I still havnen't grown out of my fanfic phase. As much as I'm liking ERASED (boku dake) so far, it'll likely turn into an overrated mess. I have a week long break from school starting now, but I lack any enthusiasm to watch anything. Great, it seems Solono has won inside my mind. Thanks.

I heard A-1 pictures outsourced the last two episodes. Not a terrible thing per se but the adult segments got noticeably hammier and wangsty compared to the flashbacks (or whatever it's called). It could be a Parasyte repeat; actually there's a broad similarities in how the narrative is playing out so far. Thoughts?

Is there anything GATE will not do to glorify the MC-sempai as our one true savior?

2 minutes ago, Sabrechien said:

It could be a Parasyte repeat; actually there's a broad similarities in how the narrative is playing out so far. Thoughts?

I was actually thinking the same thing while watching the last episode.  Parasyte certainly dropped off in the last third or so of the show, not hoping for a repeat here.

2 minutes ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

I was actually thinking the same thing while watching the last episode.  Parasyte certainly dropped off in the last third or so of the show, not hoping for a repeat here.

I really hope A-1 will stay its path regarding the atmosphere and story. Parasyte got progressively mundane as it distorted into a cheap action series that talked more than it showed. It got "bigger and louder" but not necessarily better.

Erased's MC may have the same sensibilities (he seems take a liking to hero figures as a kid), but with the child-adult dynamic the show can be much more compelling.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:44 PM, adi said:

Hello bois, I'm back after grad school applications and acceptances. This season is pretty good!

Watching boku dake, dagashi, konosuba and Gate!

sorry if this is random...

but your avatar is fucking dank:ohnyes:

7 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

give me link pls?

don't have it mate, unless if you mean the doujin's from where they were cropped from in which go to ex

I guess this is the most love I'll be getting today. :feelsbad:                Yes, I do cursor dance a bit.

Spoiler

Apologies for the audio, forgot to turn it up as I was playing.

Bloody hell, I don't check in for like 3 weeks and there's only 2 pages worth of posts that I haven't read lol.

Made a deal with a friend from work - she'd watch S;G if I watched SAO so despite it being pretty unfair to me, I still took her up on it. Pretty much exactly what I expected although surprisingly, I actually kinda liked the GGO arc. At least it's out of the way now.

And Knobby, is Stride gay enough for you yet? Cuz it's getting preeeeetty gay.

9 minutes ago, Altorax said:

And Knobby, is Stride gay enough for you yet? Cuz it's getting preeeeetty gay.

I dropped the show a couple weeks back.  Was too eye-rolly for me.  Seemed to me a lot of manufactured tension and drama.  I still don't understand how people colliding during the relay could be an issue.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:06 PM, Altorax said:

Made a deal with a friend from work - she'd watch S;G if I watched SAO so despite it being pretty unfair to me, I still took her up on it. Pretty much exactly what I expected although surprisingly, I actually kinda liked the GGO arc. At least it's out of the way now.

u better be getting some favors from her if you're making that kind of deal

1 minute ago, Altorax said:

Sacrifices must be made in order to cultivate good taste.

Sadly, murder, the most effective way of propagating correct taste, was stupidly made illegal. I suppose in the case of anime one could argue self-defense from mental rape if you start killing weebs wholesale, however, I would need to find someone with nothing to lose to test this hypothesis.  

2 minutes ago, Solono said:

Sadly, murder, the most effective way of propagating correct taste, was stupidly made illegal. I suppose in the case of anime one could argue self-defense from mental rape if you start killing weebs wholesale, however, I would need to find someone with nothing to lose to test this hypothesis.  

like florb...

24 minutes ago, Solono said:

i wonder what your internet browser history looks like........

DONT HATE ME!

FoxfireLoli got me into Fate/kaleid. (I said don't hate me) I enjoyed it, and, having never heard of any of the other Fate stuff before (holy shit theres a lot of it and I have no idea where to start) I want to watch more, but with Illya with her personality from Kaleid.

does this exist? I watched a scene from fate/stay night with Illya in it, but her personality was completely different, even though her looks and voice were the same. 

56 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

DONT HATE ME!

FoxfireLoli got me into Fate/kaleid. (I said don't hate me) I enjoyed it, and, having never heard of any of the other Fate stuff before (holy shit theres a lot of it and I have no idea where to start) I want to watch more, but with Illya with her personality from Kaleid.

does this exist? I watched a scene from fate/stay night with Illya in it, but her personality was completely different, even though her looks and voice were the same. 

@Assassin7 she gets little coverage in Fate zero/stay night UBW. 

TBH i haven't seen the Fate loli Works series but i am guessing she is portrayed as a much happier person with a happy backstory? if so you are better off not watching the actual Fate series as her story is kinda depressing as shit almost makes ya wanna cry :feelsbad:, especially when you watch Fate Zero then Fate Stay/Night UBW and Piece everything together about her life. She and Berserker (aka Hercules) were still my Favorite Master and servant combo.

Overall i would Highly recommend the Series, but if your only interest is Illya then just look up her fight scenes i guess, which is really only in Stay Night UBW not Zero as she was pretty much a baby (maybe 4-5yrs old?) in Fate Zero.

@Flaksmith i am not sure its even Humanly Possible for one to Fully understand nor explain the Fate series period.