Solono

Anime Thread 3.1: It's Entertaining Only If You Masturbate

1 minute ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

I know zero things about either of them, it was just some random thing we picked and watched the first episode of.  Is there some order that needs to be observed?  Please teach me, senpai.

No both are entire different series, but while Blood C is some Twilighty Vampire Bullshit Blood + is actually good stuff. So if you ever feel like picking up a lenghty Horror Show with non generic vampires you might wanna give it a shot.

35 minutes ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

It's Draz's fault since he's the most ded.  Clicker and I at least make progress on things.

Don't speak ill of the dead, they might come back to haunt you.

9Rj9Nh2.png

9 minutes ago, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

No both are entire different series, but while Blood C is some Twilighty Vampire Bullshit Blood + is actually good stuff. So if you ever feel like picking up a lenghty Horror Show with non generic vampires you might wanna give it a shot.

ty friendo

8 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Don't speak ill of the dead, they might come back to haunt you.

Could I please be haunted by someone more kawaii than Ougi?

2 minutes ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

Could I please be haunted by someone more kawaii than Ougi?

The proper response is "Thank you Spooky Ougi".

Okay picked a few other new shows up, with no expectations whatsoever....

Glad I did it Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu looks damn good so far.

2 hours ago, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

Okay picked a few other new shows up, with no expectations whatsoever....

Glad I did it Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu looks damn good so far.

Tell me is Blood+ really that much better? 

Cause after wallowing through Blood C only to find the last 1-2 episodes worth watching (The Movie was semi-OK) i was hesitant to try Blood+, especially considering how much longer it is.

2 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Cause after wallowing through Blood C only to find the last 1-2 episodes worth watching (The Movie was semi-OK) i was hesitant to try Blood+, especially considering how much longer it is.

Haven't watch Blood-C but I loved Blood+ when I did see it like 8 years ago. Not sure how it'll hold up to my current taste though.

5 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

it shares nothing but a similarity in name

the beginning is a bit of a drag as you would expect from a lenghty anime, they are taking their time with character building

So, i started watching the original pokemon series, for the first time since i was like 7 years old.

Its a mix of nostalgia, and "omg i don't remember the voices sounding like that"

It hasn't aged well, animation is pretty shit.

Was bored that there weren't any new shows to watch today, so I undropped Shirayuki-hime and am very happy I did.  I missed out on a great episode 10.  While I dropped it because the light atmosphere and calm feel started to bore me, coming back to it I find the low-level drama to be quite refreshing.  It is certainly a nice change of pace, and is a great light show.  Will probably watch the second season as well when I get to it.

8 hours ago, KnobbyHobbGoblin said:

Was bored that there weren't any new shows to watch today, so I undropped Shirayuki-hime and am very happy I did.  I missed out on a great episode 10.  While I dropped it because the light atmosphere and calm feel started to bore me, coming back to it I find the low-level drama to be quite refreshing.  It is certainly a nice change of pace, and is a great light show.  Will probably watch the second season as well when I get to it.

ok hmu,

So I realised last night that they actually released the movie of Appregio of Blue steel. 

why did it have to end like that. god damn it.  

I'm kind of disappointed with Hero Academia. 

I was hoping they'd run with the "you don't need a super-power to be a hero" idea, but I guess not...

On 4/17/2016 at 5:02 PM, Assassin7 said:

So I realised last night that they actually released the movie of Appregio of Blue steel. 

Did you watch the after end credits scene? Felt kinda bs to me, idk about you.

40 minutes ago, xRightygamer said:

There was an after scene? Dammit, no.

Brb watching it

edit: watched it. DOES THIS MEAN THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR IONA YET?

seriously Iona was 80% of the entire show, it feels wrong to not have her at the end.

On 4/2/2016 at 0:41 PM, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

after 24 episodes of finding out for yourself, you want something that sounds like usagi drop aayyyyyy

I didn't like Casshern Sins because other than 1 supporting character none of the rest change throughout the story.

I like how the revelatory bits were executed but by-and-large forgettable except for those old enough to contrast the change in tone between the original (Casshern) and the "remake" (Casshern Sins).

On 4/2/2016 at 10:22 PM, Roku said:

I wasn't swallowed by Japan, it's just that I realized when I'm surrounded by anime, gunpla and streets full of otaku (a lot of which are cuties) I don't need to watch anime all the time to get my fill of it :doge:

I rode a train today that had Mahou Tsukai PreCure posters and banners all over the inside of it, it was pretty amazing :doge:

I also found Go!Princess PreCure grape soda at the supermarket near me.

Lately I don't visit this thread much because most of the discussions I've wanted to have have been had and my interests are fairly far removed from the majority here, so there's not much point.

-

The presence of sakuga may become further diminished in favor of less costly and easier production because the profit margins in the industry are so thin, but there's always going to be people and studios that can give it to us. OPM was delivered on a standard budget by a talented and spirited staff. As long as there is fresh talent to follow in the footsteps of the greats and deliver something with their own mark on it (which is/has happened) I don't think we're going to run out of sakuga any time soon.

I may be remembering wrong but at times when there is talent that is unsatisfied with the status quo, they leave and start a new studio. Trigger, JC Staff and some others were founded this way. If the people who are passionate about the art, as the ones that worked on OPM proved to be, and aren't allowed to exercise that passion and talent, we'll probably see the birth of more studios with them at the helm.

I don't even know if all that is relevant, I just read the snipped from this page and I didn't feel like navigating away to find the context of the original post :doge:

So pictures coming soon?

Also, what kind of conversations you looking for? I think i'm up to the challenge.

On 4/2/2016 at 6:30 AM, Altorax said:

Gonna be really busy over the next week or two so I'll be relying on you guys to scout out this season's new shows and provide recommendations! ;)

See below.

On 4/7/2016 at 8:06 AM, Altorax said:

You guys are useless Kappa

Haven't had a lot of time to watch stuff but there are two shows that have definitely stood out so far:

1. Boku no Hero Academia - the adaptation of the latest Shonen Jump series which (apparently) has been heralded as the 'next big hit' and produced by none other than Studio Bones. If you're looking to fill the hole left by One Punch Man, this is probably the most likely candidate out of all the shows this season.
  2. Sousei no Onmyouji - I don't really know what to say about this except that it feels pretty epic. Take the OTT flashy fight-scenes and animation style of Kill la Kill and mix it with the moderately dark tone of Attack on Titan and you've got a rather intriguing show on your hands that might actually deliver. The best way to describe it is probably a more shonen-esque version of Madoka Magica minus the touchy-feely stuff. Just by looking at it, I never would have guessed it's a Studio Pierrot production because the style is more reminiscent of that of Trigger's. Most definitely one to keep an eye on.

Interesting choices, so I'm not sure my 2 recommendations would fit what you want.

1. Koutetsujyou no Kabeneri: Beautifully animated, interesting world/conflict and somewhat interesting cast of characters. It's similar in tone with SnK (humanity threatened by overwhelmingly powerful enemy), strong emphasis on action (killing a "Kabane" zombie apparently requires CQC with steam guns) and a strong dose of mystery (where did "Kabane" come from, can the process be halted/reversed, can the characters grow on their literal/figurative journey to reach the Shogun with their war-winning discoveries?).

2. Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dark KonoSuba in a nutshell. Both lighthearted and incredibly dark at times, so it's a dark horse winner for balancing 2 different formulas.

Sousei no Onmyouji I'm on the fence for the moment, it reminds me of shougakusei shows like Kekkaishi. I will comment more when I actually have a stronger handle of the plot than the limited amount I've seen so far (2 episodes).

On 4/11/2016 at 0:41 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Blood C stands for Cancer. Using C as a gauge for Blood franchise is like using Gundam G to gauge all Gundam shows.

The original Blood movie was good, a blend of western/eastern styles with an interesting plot. Blood+ is considered a classic for good reason and also blends west/east styles.

Blood C.... tries to engage Clamp and killed almost everything good about Blood in the process.

On 4/17/2016 at 8:02 AM, Assassin7 said:

See below.

On 4/18/2016 at 6:37 AM, xRightygamer said:

See below.

On 4/18/2016 at 7:04 AM, Assassin7 said:

There was an after scene? Dammit, no.

Brb watching it

edit: watched it. DOES THIS MEAN THAT THERE IS HOPE FOR IONA YET?

seriously Iona was 80% of the entire show, it feels wrong to not have her at the end.

Very unambiguous "hint" at the end, though I feel the movie would have been stronger without the after-credits bit.

Then again other than the tactical battles I was bored by most of the movie. Foreshadowing and plot layers weren't done well - with the exception of when Iona first meets Musashi, that was a bright spot. Just wished the developments from then, and how Iona woke up/communicated with her "other" core was handled better. Imagine if you as a person was confronted with the realization/suspicion that you existed only as a whim of another. Or that "you" are the fake, with your essence supplied by the original? So many possibilities, all swept under by less-important elements.

1 hour ago, neokai said:

Very unambiguous "hint" at the end, though I feel the movie would have been stronger without the after-credits bit.

Then again other than the tactical battles I was bored by most of the movie. Foreshadowing and plot layers weren't done well - with the exception of when Iona first meets Musashi, that was a bright spot. Just wished the developments from then, and how Iona woke up/communicated with her "other" core was handled better. Imagine if you as a person was confronted with the realization/suspicion that you existed only as a whim of another. Or that "you" are the fake, with your essence supplied by the original? So many possibilities, all swept under by less-important elements.

yeah, I didn't like the movie as much as the series. not as much was explained. it sorta felt like it was more into the battle scenes than the story to me. also I wish they had kept Ionas old clothes tbh