Valachio

Valachio's Premium Tanking School (Open)

What do you think is a fair price for a 1 on 1 (solo) tank lesson?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is a fair price for a 1 on 1 (solo) tank lesson?

• $18
    • $17
    • $16
    • $15
    • $14
    • $13
    • $12

1.    What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour)

1 man - 1 hour

2.    Was the session enjoyable and fun?

Yes.  Always asked me where we should go at game start.

3.    Was the session educational and informative?  Do you feel like your play has improved?

Yes.  If I apply what I've learned my play would improve.  Without reviewing the videos I recorded from lesson, major points observed to improve: better conceal tank from taking hits (hull down), learn weak points better and aim better (I bounced far too many shots), learn maps better for hull down positions, recognize and learn to flank better.  I think it's a matter of study, attention to detail now.

4.    What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor?

Knowledgeable  and easily understood, calm demeanor, very good.

5.    What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor?

Didn't know what to expect.  Thought there might be more of a structured lesson plan.  Thought there would be more corrections/directions as games were played but it is tough for instructor to critique and play/demonstrate simultaneously.  You might consider putting together maybe single page major point paper for each type of tank, HT, MT, LT....etc.  Possibly could state in writing top issues student needs to work on from your point of view after lesson (not huge paper, just bullets you note on the spot)

Another option would be for student to share his screen vice platooning.  You can't demo where to go is drawback but would enable you to critique/guide during game play.

6.    Would you take a lesson from Valachio again?

Yes, definitely will.

7.    How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10)

On Monday the 10th of August we had a training session of 2h for M-I-T. I can just write for myself and further based on statements of our members that participated.

1. What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour)

We had a 2h training as group session with ~28 members of M-I-T and BAKED. 1.5 h map tactic for different tanks and finally 0.5 h questions and answers.

2. Was the session enjoyable and fun?

Valachio adapted very well to the skill level of the particitants. Calm and on the point. I personally enjoyed the training as the majority of our members did.

3. Was the session educational and informative? Do you feel like your play has improved?

I tried to get the max out of his knowledge and had enough aha! moments. To bring this into my day to day playing will need some time and practice. Battles on the same maps the following day gave me confidence and our platoon crushed the red team.

4. What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor?

Calm, analytic and he brings the things directly on the point. A great tutor.

5. What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor?

I I don't see a need for improvements. He is already exceptional!

6. Would you take a lesson from Valachio again?

Yes and members asked already if and when he might be available again

7. How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10)

A clear 11/10 :). A mixed group is difficult to teach. For some it is beyond their actual skill, for others it is too easy. He did very well and it is up to the learners to get the max out for themselfs. Be activ and don't just follow a group.

As someone who believes he is doing at the very least a more sensible job at playing tanks than most pubbies I decided to give this a try and see if there was anything just outright wrong and that needed to be addressed with my playstyle/gameplay.

What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour)  2 hours.

Was the session enjoyable and fun?  Definitely. 

Was the session educational and informative?  Do you feel like your play has improved?  I feel it was informative. While I don't believe there's a drastic difference in my gameplay I am more confident in the decisions I generally make and am not as doubtful in common battle decisions,which gives some peace of mind and allows me to focus on improving other areas of skill.

What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor? Rather well. It was an enjoyable experience. I can see how a few lessons with him specifically would be tremendously beneficial to someone that is in the green-blue performance area.
What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor? Stop burning my goddamn tanks? So many fires....
Would you take a lesson from Valachio again? Yes, in fact, I would.
How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10) OP/10

Had my first lesson with Valachio today.  Can't recommend him highly enough - he's both an excellent mentor and a very personable platoonmate.

• What was your lesson type and duration?
    • Solo lesson with Valachio as a platoonmate on his Sheriff account, 2 hours
  • Was the session enjoyable and fun?
    • Yes and yes!  Had a great time playing - he does an excellent job, is very personable and of course winning 75-80% of the time doesn't suck.  :)
  • Was the session educational and informative?  Do you feel like your play has improved?
    • Very educational -  i've wanted to work on my Tier 10 performance and strategic gameplay, and he did not disappoint in this regard.  I'm planning to do a few more lessons, spaced a couple weeks apart, to help refine what I learned, but it was a HUGELY positive experience.  I also got a very strong demonstration of the difference that having really good platoonmates in whom you are very confident makes.
  • What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor?
    • Excellent.  He's a good multi-tasker, and is easily able to pay attention to what you are doing and how you are playing in your tank while playing his.  Very good at assessing your strengths and weaknesses, and providing good feedback on next steps to improve.
  • What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor?
    • Stop stealing mah damagez!  But seriously, nothing comes to mind here.
  • Would you take a lesson from Valachio again?
    • Absolutely - as mentioned above, planning to do a few more after i've practiced and integrated his comments on this session into my gameplay.
  • How would you rate the experience out of 10?
    • 10/10

1. What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour)

1-man lesson, 2 hour

2. Was the session enjoyable and fun?

Yes, absolutely. No rage at all; was calm throughout. Did not respond to trolling/baiting by others in chat.

3. Was the session educational and informative? Do you feel like your play has improved?

100%. I learned multiple things in every battle based on both the map and the tanks that we played. Too soon to tell (session just ended) on improvement, but I expect it will. We discussed both tactics and strategy. I feel that will help a lot.

4. What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor?

He's very knowledgeable about game mechanics as well as the current meta. He is good at explaining his thoughts and ideas. He seems to enjoy the role of a tutor/educator. He does not talk down or express any ego in a negative way.

5. What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor?

II think he could make various types of lesson plans for people who want to improve but may not know what they need to improve. Perhaps an initial session (or start of a session) to identify what the student needs most, then have a predetermined lesson plan to address those issues. I think he could charge more for such a plan. I came into the session with a few specific topics to cover, but I suspect not everyone would know what they need to improve.

6. Would you take a lesson from Valachio again?

Yes, I plan to take more lessons to continue my improvement.

7. How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10)

10/10. I read this thread prior to contacting him, and he met and exceeded my expectations. I am happy to support him in his attempt to pay for school, and I hope he is able to continue this for his personal benefit and the benefit to the community.

1. What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour) 2, 2 hour sessions

2. Was the session enjoyable and fun? Very much so

3. Was the session educational and informative? Do you feel like your play has improved? Yes  I do actually

4. What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor? Top rate

5. What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor? Carry harder :)

6. Would you take a lesson from Valachio again? Yes, already plan to

7. How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10) 10 out of 10

1. What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour) 1 man, 2 hour session

2. Was the session enjoyable and fun? Definitely

3. Was the session educational and informative? Do you feel like your play has improved? It was very informative. Its up to me to put the map control lessons into use.

4. What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor? Professional. Clearly explains what's happening. His answers are clear and the lesson was well structured.

5. What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor? I can't think of anything.

6. Would you take a lesson from Valachio again? Yes. I'm seeing if I can get group interest from my clan.

7. How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10) 10

1. What was your lesson type and duration? (e.g. 2-man lesson, 1 hour)

1 man, 2 hours x2

2. Was the session enjoyable and fun?

Very much so.

3. Was the session educational and informative? Do you feel like your play has improved?

I believe I picked up a few things from the time we played together, and I do feel like these will make a positive impact on my play in some maps / situations.

4. What is your opinion of Valachio as a tutor?

Incredibly mature and emphatic, professional and not pushy about stuff, knowledgeable and has a great ability to vulgarize.

5. What can Valachio improve upon as a tutor?

Mentoring / teaching takes a lot of practice and time to get right, and I think Valachio has a natural gift for it. All he can do, in my opinion, is improve what is already good and make it even better.

6. Would you take a lesson from Valachio again?

Probably will. The information / tips that can be learned from doing this can save someone hundreds / thousands of games of trial and error. Plus the money spent is not going to WG or the government. Nice bonus.

7. How would rate the experience out of 10? (e.g. OP/10)

With my Kickstarter campaign underway and not much to do...  I'm going to teach more World of Tanks lessons.  New payment format - you choose how much you want to pay.

On 1/28/2016 at 7:50 PM, Reluctor said:

would you accept in game gold instead?

No I don't, sorry.

Also I'm opening my tanking school again.  Watches are about to go into production soon and I'll have time on my hands.  Taking new students!