Deliberate

T20 Appreciation Thread

I guess this is a tad premature given I only purchased the tank today and only played 31 games in the tank, but I instantly love this tank so much that this thread is obligatory since there has not been a T20 appreciation thread.

So why is it so good?

It has...

• A really punchy gun. 240 Alpha at tier 7 on a mobile platform is great.
  • APCR Pen of 243mm, for those moments you need to buy some more skill
  • Good fire control. While this gun seems to have mediocre fire control, compared to similarly hard hitting guns in the tier such as the T-34-1 or the A-44, the T20's fire control is amazeballs. This tank also can use Vert Stabs, which makes it even better.
  • Low DPM. This DPM is rather bad. In fact, it's really bad. It has less DPM than the BDR G1B at tier 5. The reload is around 8 seconds with 100% crew and rammer.
  • -10 Gun Depression. Anything that makes you a small target is a good thing, ja?
  • No armour. Play conservatively in the first half of the game and trade your health for damage in the second half. Think of your HP as currency. Trade when favourable
  • Low module damage, except for engine. This tank doesn't suffer too much ammo rack damage. However, the engine is rather vulnerable. Auto extinguisher is a must.
  • Amazingly low profile. The tank is really really really small and the camo value when stationary is 16.04, which is only slightly than Chinese InvisiCloakingTM T-34-1, which has 17.95

But best of all, what really wins this tank for me is one in particular.

• This tank has magnificent view range. 390m view range is spectacular. This tank has more view range than scout tanks like the T37 which share the same matchmaking.

What this means is that this tank is a great platform for outplaying your opponents. With optics and a good crew, this tank can hit the 445m mark, which is really great on a tier 7.

It's easy to abuse the view range and hammer your opponents for 240 while they can't see you, albeit rather infrequently.

Also, this tank is very good for stat padding, since it seems to be the case where a lot of scrubs die the first few minutes in the game.

I'm nowhere near an excellent player, but I averaged 1680 damage over my 31 games cough low sample space cough played in the tank and even that was enough to earn an average WN8 of 3054.52

IgEHscq.jpgAu0O4qO.png

Marks of excellence should theoretically be easy to grind on this tank. Vbaddict gives these values for marks of excellence.

1809 combined spotting and dealt damage is not a very high or a very hard achievement and should theoretically be rather easy. I'll keep updated on how I go but otherwise, unless I fuck up a whole bunch of games, these should be the easiest three marks ever.

All in all, this tank is a really capable machine. I don't know why it get's bad press, mainly probably due to its low DPM, but the other pros of the vehicle strongly make up for it.

It's fast, it hits hard and it can outplay stupid opponents with ease.

This is an easy keeper, no doubt.

T20 was one of the tanks that I played a lot when I was initialy learning this game (and I say initialy becasue I think im only right now even starting to learn it).  Ive kept the tank for sentimental reasons and play it once in awhile but for some reason just cant seem to get it to work. I really need to sit down and clear my head and figure out why, id really like to fix my stats in it and get a 3rd mark.

Well, "no T20 love" was effectively the T20 appreciation thread, but I'll let it slide :P

It's an excellent tank, only held back from being overpowered by a 1-2 punch of how powerful T7 heavies and T9 heavies/meds can be. Looked at on its own, it's incredible - good gun handling, early vstab, high alpha, pen, view range, camo, gun depression, amazing APCR, and great mobility. But then you have to compete with T29s, E-75s, E-50s, T54s, etc. in a large portion of your games.

The key to the tank is knowing how to avoid the DPM problem & how to abuse the long-range capability 243 pen + great camo gives you. It feels kind of wrong, but passive play and APCR spam will decimate your opponents. It's basically what the Comet tried to be, but forgot to pick up its 90mm godgun on the way out.

Great tank. One of the first tanks to introduce me to the Med lifestyle. 

Only gripe is the U.S. accuracy - sometimes fully aimed static shots derp like no other. 

Definitely a keeper.

My most fun tier 7, with the possible exception of the Type 64 and the E-25, which are not quite tier 7 tanks.  

Loving it, but for some reason keep losing, even though i am pretty decent in meds now( I am a teal shitter K A P P A), more than average, especially with ~1.5k dpg for ~20+ games. Small sample size though, will see as it goes on!

My favorite bar none.

Key to life is auto-aim peek-a-booming distracted enemies when do short-range stuff, hull-down for long range work. 

It is nice and mobile and nearly always underestimated by the enemy.

The T20 is great fun on any map that rewards gun depression and is a keeper in my garage.  The T20 and T29 were the first tanks that really pushed me to figure out good hull down positions.

Just to show that you don't really know a tank until you drive it, I actually avoided moving up to the T20 for a while just because on paper it seemed so meh to me.  Meh armor, meh speed, tier 7 top gun, meh.  Instead of moving up the line, I took my Sherman crew and moved them back to the M7 to open up the T21.  But once I finally got back to it, it really all clicks together really well.  This tank is really comfortable to drive.  Get hull down behind a bush, fire, back down to reload.  When the reload is done, you've dropped spot, move back up, fire again, repeat until everyone is dead.  The slow rate of fire is works perfectly to keep me from being overly aggressive.

As I've gotten better I've really enjoyed this tank. The view range is just an enormous advantage in tier.  Just pulled this game out of my ass somehow.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/cloutinston/Tanks/shot_144_zpsaowhsf4r.jpg~original

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/cloutinston/Tanks/shot_145_zpsnbjweprv.jpg~original

T20 best tier 7 medium, hands down. Sick APCR round, great flexibility and comfort. Also not complete shite penetration (coming from just finishing the VK 3002D with the 88) on the AP round. Plus it has the alpha, too. 

It's fast, it's punchy, and it can penetrate whenever you need it to. No armor, but what tier 7 medium has armor that it can rely on?

Well, "no T20 love" was effectively the T20 appreciation thread, but I'll let it slide :P

It's an excellent tank, only held back from being overpowered by a 1-2 punch of how powerful T7 heavies and T9 heavies/meds can be. Looked at on its own, it's incredible - good gun handling, early vstab, high alpha, pen, view range, camo, gun depression, amazing APCR, and great mobility. But then you have to compete with T29s, E-75s, E-50s, T54s, etc. in a large portion of your games.

The key to the tank is knowing how to avoid the DPM problem & how to abuse the long-range capability 243 pen + great camo gives you. It feels kind of wrong, but passive play and APCR spam will decimate your opponents. It's basically what the Comet tried to be, but forgot to pick up its 90mm godgun on the way out.

Hehe ^^ sorry. I actually did a search of the forums with the method using Google. I must have somehow missed it. RIP me

How much gold ammo would you recommend carrying?

The APCR is one of the advantages of this tank and frankly, 243mm compared to the 200mm or so on the Comet is insane. Carry 10-15 APCR.

Hehe sorrie ^^

47 battles, 1765 average damage, 72% win rate. Maybe 1800 is a bit high of a target but I'll aim for it. Average exp of 1109 which is the best on any tank I've driven. Oh and 3600 WN8 Padding.

The damage builds up surprisingly quickly due to the alpha damage. I'd even go as far as to say that I prefer taking this tank in solo randoms more than the T29. The platform to outplay is too good.

I really sucked in this.. I am bad in mediums in general (PLEASE don't mention German mediums) but the US mediums I sorta learned a bit but I went through it to get the Pershing a bit fast.. I have a new crew on it for training purposes but I don't get to take it out enough... I am too scrub a player :D