zapyoug

how do we feel about jingles

how do we feel about jingles?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. In the mingles with jingles last week, jingles mentioned wotlabs though he said its best not to ever mention him becuase we hate him. Now Im pretty sure we all hate people stupidly quoting jingles as a reliable source (which is by said person, a bad idea) but how many of us hate jingles himself?

• fuck jingles, old people are anoying
    • Hes amusing, I like him
    • I love jingles, hes great
    • kill it with fire (explain why?)
    • dunno/dontcare/I just want to see the results

The minority that sperg about him here are fewer and farther between these days. He doesn't claim to be a great player, which is one of the reasons most of us don't hate him. Unlike QB, who thinks he's king shit.

He is a great entertainer, he usually provides good content, also because the community behind him is enormous, decent advices for new (or very new) players, good editing and a pleasant voice on top of that. I don't see anything to hate about him ;)
The only thing I could have against his videos is that he does barely play WoT anymore... I mean, it's all good, but some stuff you will forget about the game and therefore your commentary will not be top notch anymore, but that is really a minor thing

I missed the "jingles window" where I was weak enough to get any kind of WOT learning out of him...

But as has been said, he's an entertainer with a realistic view of his skill.  

He's a net positive benefit to the community, and a big one.  

I have a great deal of respect for him as a person.

I missed the "jingles window" where I was weak enough to get any kind of WOT learning out of him...

But as has been said, he's an entertainer with a realistic view of his skill.  

He's a net positive benefit to the community, and a big one.  

I have a great deal of respect for him as a person.

Bingo. He makes the community better with what he does. Those who hate him are likely just jealous of his popularity. I mean I wish I had the following he does, but it takes a lot of time and effort to build it. No reason to knock on him for that.

Now QB lording over people because he's popular and good...that annoys me.

Anyone know QB's IGN? I don't understand the hate for QB... It's been a while since I've seen him stream on Sundays but I thought he was entertaining. He didn't put me to sleep, seems knowledgeable, and displayed a wide range of tanking. I haven't seen him recently so maybe he's different now. I dunno... I like folks with a lil attitude and character. It livens shit up.

Jingles is good too. Doesn't put me to sleep and he seems very knowledgeable too... more historic knowledge as well. 

Watching Jingles for the first time, he was talking about "That ** Tank can't hit me down here because he doesn't have enough gun depression".  So he pushed part way up the hill and unloaded into the guy's lower plate.

First time it occurred to me that people would memorize the stats of all the tanks and be able to use that knowledge to gain an advantage.

Anyone know QB's IGN? I don't understand the hate for QB... It's been a while since I've seen him stream on Sundays but I thought he was entertaining. He didn't put me to sleep, seems knowledgeable, and displayed a wide range of tanking. I haven't seen him recently so maybe he's different now. I dunno... I like folks with a lil attitude and character. It livens shit up.

Jingles is good too. Doesn't put me to sleep and he seems very knowledgeable too... more historic knowledge as well. 

QB is entertaining, but he acts like he is the best in the game and hangs it over people's heads of how good he is. To make it worse, he makes a lot of mistakes and insists they are ok, he just poked by RNG or something.

On top of that, there is a disconnect between him and his fans. If you don't subscribe to his twitch/support his YT he won't talk to you. I know he has a huge following, but ignoring your fans unless they pay you is scummy.

He's alright. Prolonged listening to his voice irritates me a little, but I've more often found him amusing than annoying.

QB seems fake to me. Fake over-enthousiasm, fake over-gratefulness for any subscription/follow and fake sportsmenship. I really wonder what the real person is like.

JIngles on the other hand is at least real, seems like a nice guy and has some entertainment value.

QB seems fake to me. Fake over-enthousiasm, fake over-gratefulness for any subscription/follow and fake sportsmenship. I really wonder what the real person is like.

JIngles on the other hand is at least real, seems like a nice guy and has some entertainment value.

Someone on my stream was talking about QB once and said he was a failed League streamer and only got into tanks because there were no English speaking streamers. I don't know if that's true or not.
I don't like QB for the same reason though. Doesn't feel authentic to me.

I like Jingles. I met him in person once when he came to Ohio in Dayton. His videos are pretty entertaining and his calm voice are great.

QB feels fakey and his advice isnt that great.

Those who hate him are likely just jealous of his popularity. I mean I wish I had the following he does, but it takes a lot of time and effort to build it. No reason to knock on him for that.

Now QB lording over people because he's popular and good...that annoys me.

Yes I suspect there is a certain aspect of jealousy, skill alone isn't enough to build a subscriber base of the kind he and QB have, he's mildy entertaining and very prolific, he has probably put more vids up than most wotlabs youtubers combined.

There are streamers/youtubers out there that are more skilled and probably more entertaining, but putting out one good vid a week for 6 months isn't going to get you as many subs as putting out 5 or 6 per week over a couple of years. Youtube is mostly a numbers game, the more vids you upload the more views/subs you get and over time there is a snowball effect.

I voted for the "I like him, he's amusing option" I don't necessarily go out of my way to find his vids and am not a subscriber, but due to how youtube works and his popularity youtube tends to push his vids to the top of search results so you unless you specifically go out of the way to avoid him, you end up watching a lot of his stuff by default.

He helped me get better when I was an absolute shitter.  Once I was past the 1000 wn8 mark, that was it for me......

The only thing I hate about Jingles is just his information that he gives out.  He's giving out too complex information sometimes to pubbies, and they take this information, apply it to games, fail then wonder wtf went wrong.  Then hacks come into play (because pubbies are never wrong) and we come full circle with the unicum hate.  People see one thing work on his youtube channel, he praises it, people use it till something on the same map, same side comes up THEN it changes.  It's like he determines the meta.....

But I REALLY hate him for the fact that he defends arty.  Fucking pathetic, he knows it's broken, but his ass kissing to War Gaming pisses me off.......

Other than that he's a pretty cool dude :)

Jingles was the first exposure I ever had to high tier gameplay. As someone said above, his videos were one of the reasons I decided to learn the stats of every tank in the game. I don't think I've watched one of his videos in a long time. I sometimes watch QB's commentaries on other people's replays. He usually picks pretty good games. His commentary isn't always the best and he is a huge shill for Wargaming but otherwise I still find the good gameplay (quite frankly better than what he can do) + commentary entertaining and I don't know anybody else who analyzes ridiculous replays like that (10k damage games and such). I can't watch his stream for more than a few battles because his broadcasting personality is SOOOOO fake. I do like how he plays every high tier tank in the game. Lots of streamers just play Leo 1/Batchat/T62/STB over and over and over again and it becomes very boring.

I like jingles. As everyone else has said, he IS a major net positive to the community, and he's fairly honest when it comes to his own play/skill level. At the very least, he seems genuine in what he does, which is more than can be said of several other high profile WoT youtubers.

When I was bad I liked QB but ever since his following grew he became fake and I stopped liking him.

^this, exactly what I think.

Jingles on the other hand doesnt think he is god of tanks and doesnt seem fake.

If it wasn't for Jingles I would have never started playing Tanks. I was playing War Thunder (planes) before and Jingles was spamming his videos in the WT forums and I eventually started watching, that was right at the time when he was becoming big. WT became ebola when they introduced battle ratings and I stopped playing, but kept watching Jingles for entertainment value. Eventually I got so bored that I even watched his tanks videos and learned about gold ammo for credits, arty nerfs and the gameplay looked interesting, too. Even without playing the game I knew that huge alpha indirect fire weapons are a shitty idea, almost as if I had played shooters before.

So I find him entertaining. I learned quickly that he is not that good at tanks (should have known, he isn't that good at planes either) but kept watching because iz funneh.

If it wasn't for Jingles I would have never started playing Tanks. I was playing War Thunder (planes) before and Jingles was spamming his videos in the WT forums and I eventually started watching, that was right at the time when he was becoming big. WT became ebola when they introduced battle ratings and I stopped playing, but kept watching Jingles for entertainment value. Eventually I got so bored that I even watched his tanks videos and learned about gold ammo for credits, arty nerfs and the gameplay looked interesting, too. Even without playing the game I knew that huge alpha indirect fire weapons are a shitty idea, almost as if I had played shooters before.

So I find him entertaining. I learned quickly that he is not that good at tanks (should have known, he isn't that good at planes either) but kept watching because iz funneh.

Almost exactly what I did. Started playing warthunder, can't remember exact reason, but then I found Jingles' videos. At the time I was hesitant to play wot because I was on a shit laptop but after watching a few of his wot videos, I thought "this looks fun and easy". Still ended up being a tomato for 2k-ish battles though :P