RansomMoney

Horns on Ships in world of warships

Alright so have you ever had one of those times where an unaware person is about to collide with you at the start of a battle? And I personally reach for my horn keybinding that is nonexistent in WoWS which bothers me. Imagine how many collisions could be prevented if there was a horn. Ok so down to the properties of an addition like this, here's what i'm thinking

-Ability doesn't spot you, but rather your horn can be heard by all ships within a certain radius (including enemies)

-Wargaming can make some money by having some horns that you can buy for gold

Wg talked about putting horns on tanks back in ob, think the consensus was it would be abused and annoying.

We were also going to have the ability to see user created skins on other tanks but i guess the thought of a bunch of pink dick covered mauses turned them off.

its lame i know.

Wg talked about putting horns on tanks back in ob, think the consensus was it would be abused and annoying.

We were also going to have the ability to see user created skins on other tanks but i guess the thought of a bunch of pink dick covered mauses turned them off.

its lame i know.

Meanwhile in WarThunder, you can cover your shit in flags:

Or custom make stuff that, when i last played, are visible to everyone:

QXSuDp7.gif

... but yeah I see your point. There were horns back in some ancient, ancient (0.6.x?) patch which teased the introduction of the second French HT line (which never appeared), but it was removed due to excessive spamming. 

Meanwhile in WarThunder, you can cover your shit in flags:

Hidden Content

honestly the people in tanks who do that are A: stupid or B: only play arcade. do you know how easy it is to spot a bright red white and blue Sherman in realistic/simulator compared to something in actual dark colours? theres a reason they weren't covered in bright colours IRL. similar with other colours. if its not a dull green/grey/brown or something its fairly easy to spot, and kill, from much longer ranges

honestly the people in tanks who do that are A: stupid or B: only play arcade. do you know how easy it is to spot a bright red white and blue Sherman in realistic/simulator compared to something in actual dark colours? theres a reason they weren't covered in bright colours IRL. similar with other colours. if its not a dull green/grey/brown or something its fairly easy to spot, and kill, from much longer ranges

I know, but it's hilarious to see on occaison.

And most likely these kind of people would be off derping in Arcade.

I know, but it's hilarious to see on occaison.

And most likely these kind of people would be off derping in Arcade.

I see it quite often in tanks RB. they are pasting targets on their tanks lol. 

Im guessing the number of people on TS/Spotify would render it a little moot.

Plus horn spam, oh god that patch in WoT...

And nobody at WG thought of adding a cooldown? Force people to wait 30s between using the horn and all of the issues are gone, I really don't see how it would be a big deal to implement.

I reckon it's a great idea if limited to one or two per game, and maybe it can only work if a team mate is within a certain distance... could avoid collisions *IF* the other guy is paying attention. It is easy to get stuck in snipe mode, while firing on an enemy ship, wiggling and not notice your surroundings it seems.

Or you could add a ship collision alarm along the lines of the land collision alarm.

This^ sounds right! Why dafug would players need a horn? Oh...and who cares if someone blows the horn at you? What would this fix? Hell, people can't even keep from running into each other moving away from the spawn points in WoT or WoWS.

A horn makes no freaking sense...at all!

Or you could add a ship collision alarm along the lines of the land collision alarm.

You know, something that Naval Action has had in its game forever... and it is nice and thematic with the ship's bell being rung a set number of times.

Pretty much this; although given how often the grounding alarm and visual cue seem to go unnoticed I can't say how effective it would be.