Joebob73

British Heavies-which ones should I free XP?

As the title says.

Which tanks in this line are worth playing, and which will make you want to smash your keyboard through your screen?

All until tier IX if you can afford it.

But to be realistic. I wouldn't free-xp any and rather use it to get the modules for each new tank.

All until tier IX if you can afford it.

But to be realistic. I wouldn't free-xp any and rather use it to get the modules for each new tank.

This.........

Literally all the heavy tanks in the British Heavy line before tier 9 suck except for the Black Prince and the Churchill (tier 5).  Everything else is utter garbage and needs to rot in hell.

Conq is love

215B is life

I'd also use it for modules only. If you can grind the Churchill 7 and the Caern in both t6 and t8 stronkholds as I did myself, no need to free exp a whole tank.

BP platooned was somehow a joy to drive but some rounds it was just sad, Caern in HD got nerfed to literally paper armor in turret compared to before while the Conq stock turret remains with the strong turret but note that the HD Conq elite turret got buffed so much in armor it's basically FV215B level now.

But yeah, spend it on only modules.

church 1 is playable

church 7 is absolute cancer

BP is a massive pile of shit

carn is bad

conq and 215b are both great

So basically, start on the caern then, and drive that only in stronks.

I'm not going to drive the churchill chassis tanks.  Fuck those things with a cactus.

As the title says.

Which tanks in this line are worth playing, and which will make you want to smash your keyboard through your screen?

Pre possible 215B removal I had the gold and free xp for the whole line up to a fully upgraded Conq.

It was 24k~ I believe. So if you can get that, definitely do so. 

Pre possible 215B removal I had the gold and free xp for the whole line up to a fully upgraded Conq.

It was 24k~ I believe. So if you can get that, definitely do so. 

Might do that if the caern turns out to be supercancer, even in stronks. 

Tourney golds are best golds.

From what I gathered, my friend says the BP isn't too bad, the turret is pretty thick, and the armor can troll most people frontally, if angled, unfortunately, the side armor is pretty bad if it's not at an autobounce angle. Naturally slow, but the turret is pretty thick, like barely below the T29.

Might do that if the caern turns out to be supercancer, even in stronks. 

Tourney golds are best golds.

Unless if your clan does full try hard setups and doesn't allow tanks such as the caern, well rip then. If you can do tourneys and get easy gold yeah why not else just play through it in stronks, but for randoms, fuck no the turret is paper now.

Unless if your clan does full try hard setups and doesn't allow tanks such as the caern, well rip then. If you can do tourneys and get easy gold yeah why not else just play through it in stronks, but for randoms, fuck no the turret is paper now.

>AWFUL

>tryhard

Pick one.  :P

from what I have seen and heard, the Cearn is playable, especially as you can use it in stronks. I know I grinded most of my IS-3 with two guys double grinding the Cearn lol. the BP is absolutely trash in anything except tier 7 games, I would say the churchill 7 is similar. (but its tier 6 so grinding it might be possible because it doesn't need a huge amount of XP) if your on a budget, I would skip the BP. if your more lenient, the church 7 and BP. if your full on lolnope add some of the Cearn in there as well. it doesn't seem worth skipping the church 1 as tier 5 tanks dont take that long to grind anyway

If it is any conciliation the aim time, accuracy, and gun bloom for on the move and turret rotation is pretty amazing especially for tier 8. The one unforgivable thing about that tank is the dpm. I can live with its drawbacks armor and size wise because I expected them. The terrible dpm (We're looking at about ~2200 with vents, rammer, and BIA on a heavy tank with a medium gun), however, was a slap to the face even with the B barrel. 

Churchill I is bearable

Churchill VII is absolute shit, would use free xp

Black Prince is PURELY meant for FUN... and its a fun tank

Cae: *2nd wave of free xp incoming*

Conq is the crown king of T9 tanks.

It would be easier if you asked which ones you should not free exp lol. Anyway, I always thought the first tolerable one of the bunch was the Caravan (okay, Church I was slow but decent). 9.9 was not kind to it at all. 

Stock Conq is not nice, so make sure you have free xp for gun+turret.

The heavies share a lot of modules with the mediums. Most of the guns and engines are shared, only the 105 on the cent 7/1/fv4202 and the 120 on the conq/fv215b aren't shared, I think. If you've done the meds, you'll have the Conq's top engine already unlocked and if you fully free xp skip the Cearn you can also skip the M120 engine saving you 27k xp.

Conqueror and FV215B are both OP.  The Conqueror especially after 9.9

Everything else on the British heavy line is shite.

If it is any conciliation the aim time, accuracy, and gun bloom for on the move and turret rotation is pretty amazing especially for tier 8. The one unforgivable thing about that tank is the dpm. I can live with its drawbacks armor and size wise because I expected them. The terrible dpm (We're looking at about ~2200 with vents, rammer, and BIA on a heavy tank with a medium gun), however, was a slap to the face even with the B barrel. 

They also nerfed the fuck out of the Caer because reasons I guess.

Just finished the Caern, and the best advice I can give is skip it. This coming from someone who did well in the Chuchill I (tier V), Churchill VII (tier VI), found the Black Prince tolerable (tier VII), but despised the Caern most of all. Now have Conq and happy.

I found the BP to be enjoyable. Caern I did not enjoy but mostly due to arty 1 shots and inability to trade or even track with 20lber. That said you need to research all it's modules to research the top ones on the Conqueror, so it's only 100k xp to grind once upgraded at both tier 7 and 8. 

So do what I did, free xp to upgraded Black Prince and then just use free xp on modules from there

Black Prince is only fun as top tier, Caernarvon WAS fun, but I don't know now. Conqueror was already op before the buff, the dpm and gun handling was just hngggggg, Now that the turret is uber-buffed from when it was already good enough to be playable, it should be borderline OP. FV215B is goldlike, if you know how to play it(I am merely decent in it, 1 moe) its pretty fun and the apcr is epic good. If you can fire all apcr in conqueror and fv215b its pretty much a autopen if you know weakspots.

I skipped every tank until the Caernavon since I can´t be bothered to drive tanks that are as "nimble" as the Maus but with trash armor and trash guns.

I won´t even bother talking about the pre-BP-tanks, just freeexp them already...

The BP is the only tank of those with actual turretarmor, the hull is very mediocre though (175+ pen won´t have much troubles benetrating you from the front) and it sucks at sidescraping since it can get penned frontally through the tracks, the gun is utter crap too.  The tank works when you are toptier, but as soon as you meet anything higher than tier 7 you are just gonna be sad with your life as the tank doesn´t give you much room to "outplay" your enemy.  One last thing though arty loves shooting at these things, 19mm of toparmor covers most of the top of the tank + Maus-speed = easy penetrations...  If you can´t stand the horrible topspeed like me skip it.

The Caernavon is the first tank in the line that can actually move which is the mainreason why I actually played it (and I did surprisingly well in it), though you pay for it with turret armor.  The topgun is interesting since the game allows you to skip it and go directly for the Conquerer, though you have to unlock it with the Conquerer anyway if you decide to do that and you don´t want to do that.  I wouldn´t free exp it though since it isn´t that much of an upgrade over the Type A and it´s quite expensive too (but you should free exp the first gun, you don´t want to play this thing with the BP-gun).  As for the armor it is compareable to the Tiger 2, alright hullarmor, badish turretarmor with a gunmantlet that can sometimes bounce an E-75, and sometimes let a Tiger 1 through.  The tank is workable (It´s still bad, don´t get me wrong, but you can do well in it)

I didn´t really like the Conquerer to be honest but that´s because I played it with the Pre-HD-turret, with the HD-turret it is now combined with the very good 120mm-gun it is now one of the better Tier-9 Heavies(and possibly the highlight in that line).  The hull is essentially the same as the Caernavon, so don´t expect too much from it, if you (ab)use your gundepression though it can bounce up to 250mm-pen, if you play it like a T29 you will be doing well.  Freeexp the turret and the gun and you will have fun with it.

The Churchill 1 was an OK tank, will bounce a lot of shots in tier when you angle, until people figure out to just shoot your turret. Pretty meh, but not a terrible grind.

The Churchill VII when I played it was total cancer. Strong turret and generally stronger armour than the Church 1, but the weak spots behind the tracks meant you could never sit in the open or side scrape or you'd be perma tracked and easily damaged. However the HD version with the latest patch has buffed those weak spots massively. Now it looks like you could side scrape with it, or angle in the open and pretty reliably bounce 150 pen guns and occasionally bounce 200 pen. It may not actually be total cancer anymore.

I quite enjoyed the BP, the turret is really strong, immune to 175 pen guns, and will reliably bounce 220 pen guns if they don't hit a couple of small weak spots. In theory it has a lot of frontal weak spots if you attempt to side scrape at auto bounce angles. However since the collision model doesn't really match the visual model people don't know where to shoot to hit them, and at medium to long ranges they can't reliably hit them. So in practice I seldom took damage when side scraping. It is slow, but the hull traverse is reasonably good. In tier 7 matches I found it a lot of fun and so long as you don't get caught in the open it is really strong. It sucks in tier 9 battles though.

This.........

Literally all the heavy tanks in the British Heavy line before tier 9 suck except for the Black Prince and the Churchill (tier 5).  Everything else is utter garbage and needs to rot in hell.

Conq is love

I can't help but agree with this. Combined with Siimcys approach to the tier 6 and 8 you should be in for a decent ride.

If you insist on free XP'ing tanks I would prioritise my free XP like this: tier 1-4 > tier 6 > tier 8.

Furthermore, getting a nice crew trained through the grind is always nice :)

Free exp past the Church7/BP... if you liked the Centurion 1... the Caer is the same time but more armored (and slower)... that being said I would still free exp past it because it's not the best tank to be grinding exp for in pubs (especially when it comes to tier 10 games)... the tier 9 is fantastic and would not recommend free exping past it. The 215b looks like an E5 but better (better gun handling supposedly?)...