TheMarine0341

WZ131 Appreciation Thread

So, in anticipation of completing the scout missions for the T55A and having a CH Female crew I wasnt sure what to do with, I decided to buy back the WZ131. Started the night at 70% MOE, finished with this session and my 2nd MOE in short order

W0mMLhM.jpg

And this mastery on Serene Coast

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2047235#serene_coast-themarine3_5-wz-131

b5trqqh.jpgJbDRUuQ.jpg

And, a LOT of haxusations!

[J9] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : nice hacking
[J9] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : wz
[J9] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : fuck off
[--] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : i was 20 meters behind a fucking bush and never fired my gun...
[D0] beast_pro[D-KRG] (Nashorn) : loool
[--] BOOMwagon (AMX ELC bis) : damn
[D8] _Marine[REL_3] (WZ-131) : female crew is OP
[--] BOOMwagon (AMX ELC bis) : wp sir
[--] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : and was still spotted by ur cunt ass female crew fagets
[--] 310th_infantry[UFTU] (Firefly) : reporting ur cunt ass for hacks
[H2] _Marine[REL_3] (WZ-131) : want the replay?

Goal is to earn my 3rd MOE by 150 games. The BullGod is a better damage dealer, but the WZ131 is a better scout which is perfect for missions. Ive gotten at least two other battles since buying with over 5k spotting, in situations where the BullGod would certainly be spotted. 

Looking at all the other tier 7 scouts in the game, I certainly feel the WZ131 has yet to be power-creeped. It could probably use a bit better terrain resistance, but otherwise this tank is perfect for completing missions. 

I've had it unlocked for a year, but kept the 59-16.  Is it better for scouting missions than 1390 or RU?  Or more fun somehow?  

As someone who kept the LTTB and the Bulldog, I'm not sure how much play I would get out of it.

85 or 100? Answer carefully.

85mm, with something like 20 AP, 2 HE, rest HEAT. Duh. Common Carbon, you should know better than that

I've had it unlocked for a year, but kept the 59-16.  Is it better for scouting missions than 1390 or RU?  Or more fun somehow?  

As someone who kept the LTTB and the Bulldog, I'm not sure how much play I would get out of it.

Its better than the LTTB as a damage dealer. Feels more stealthy, and since it can mount a VStab+a few more degrees of depression its not uncomfortable to drive and shoot. 

I prefer tier 7 scouts for mission as they often have on-par guns with their tier 8 counterparts, but get far fewer tier 10 battles. The RU is a good damage dealer, but as a scout I always found it underwhelming. I find myself playing fewer and fewer tier 8 scout tanks though, tier 7 is just a good sweet-spot

The question is would you play the Type 62(Assume you could get it or do have it etc.) over the 131? 

Did two rounds in mine right now because before I played w/o 6th sense but now as I have both 6th and camo on 84%, god, you can rek people without getting spotted so good. Also the gun handling on this is just love. Currently sitting at solo 73%wr and nearly 1,7k dpg at 26 games. MoE is currently at 59.8%.

The question is would you play the Type 62(Assume you could get it or do have it etc.) over the 131? 

Id play it, but only to get the double for the crew. Want it but doubt I'll ever have one (maybe coming this weekend?!)

Did two rounds in mine right now because before I played w/o 6th sense but now as I have both 6th and camo on 84%, god, you can rek people without getting spotted so good. Also the gun handling on this is just love. Currently sitting at solo 73%wr and nearly 1,7k dpg at 26 games. MoE is currently at 59.8%.

Yeah its balls deep awesome at getting the camo snipes. With HT's tier 8 and below I feel comfortable sniping them from about 300m and having little to worry about

Id play it, but only to get the double for the crew. Want it but doubt I'll ever have one (maybe coming this weekend?!)

My Brother has one and I found it to be slightly better than the 131, but essentially they are the same tank.  Gotta love the heat spam and still make money in the Type tho :O

My Brother has one and I found it to be slightly better than the 131, but essentially they are the same tank.  Gotta love the heat spam and still make money in the Type tho :O

With the buff to the Type 62 this patch it is now only a fair bit worse than 131 (it was vastly inferior).  The only category where the Type is better is the turret movement dispersion.  Otherwise the Type 62 has worse alpha, DPM, penetration (both AP and HEAT), shell velocity, track traverse, horsepower/ton on terrain, hit points, and a HEAT round that for no good reason costs 800 credits more than the higher pen+higher alpha round on the 131/132.  It's not even good for credit generation because the crappy AP round makes you want to shoot more HEAT than in the 131.

Anyways, I haven't played the 131 in a while.  I'm thinking about starting a new crew on the 59-16 then moving it over to the 131 eventually.  Might as well 3 mark all the china lights too right?

With the buff to the Type 62 this patch it is now only a fair bit worse than 131 (it was vastly inferior).  The only category where the Type is better is the turret movement dispersion.  Otherwise the Type 62 has worse alpha, DPM, penetration (both AP and HEAT), shell velocity, track traverse, horsepower/ton on terrain, hit points, and a HEAT round that for no good reason costs 800 credits more than the higher pen+higher alpha round on the 131/132.  It's not even good for credit generation because the crappy AP round makes you want to shoot more HEAT than in the 131.

Anyways, I haven't played the 131 in a while.  I'm thinking about starting a new crew on the 59-16 then moving it over to the 131 eventually.  Might as well 3 mark all the china lights too right?

I can run food on it, shoot some HEAT when needed(surprisingly you don't need to that really often), I either make some credits, break even or just a small credit loss. It's not a credit sink unless you go full HEAT which I don't see the reason to.

I break a slight profit w/ premium account in the 131. AP is good enough for sides/flanks of many tanks and has the speed/camo to actually GET to those flanks

Started using VBAddict again, replays are good for two weeks. Theres a buncha 131 games if interested

http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/_marine-na-963f7b98c4289669ec7f4c9637c5420c

Thought I'd grab one of my own, so far my experience in the tank has just been on ziddy's account. Plus I've been egged on about giving my opinion on this thing despite not owning one thrice now, so whatever.

So far I haven't been excessively impressed. It's a good T7 light, that's about all I can say about it. I didn't expect more, didn't get more. I like the gun(s), and it has decent camo. Otherwise there's nothing special about it. Module damage is really harsh, ~50% of the hits you take will knock out a crew member or module. Certainly wish it had more gun depression, too. Nothing you can't live with though, if you're a good light tank player you'll feel right at home in this thing.

For a tank that a certain someone hinted could carry like a real T8, I'm disappointed. It's not a real T8 at all, this thing suffers from LT syndrome like any other LT. That's not all that surprising though, this is inferior to the prenerf M41 Bulldog in almost every way (and in some ways, obscenely inferior) and even that tank was questionable compared to your average T8 heavy/med. On the other hand, if I wanted a solid T7 LT in my garage, this is exactly that!

Yeah that someone only hinted. I didnt play much in it since i rebought it but those first 40 battles actually quite surprised me.

When i get back to tanks i will play more, maybe 100 battles in it solo and then ill post if it was just a fluke or not.

So finaly got myself to finish those 100 battles to revisit it properly after all those patches and buffs. I rebought it a month ago and it surprised me how well it performed compared to its decent but unimpressive hard stats.

So here is the batch of consecutive 101 battles. Keep in mind tho that it contains not only games where i fucked up early on but also battles where i loaded into the battle 2-3 minutes after its start due to HDD issues (its only a fraction but still).

mbf.me/1s8NV8

Stats for last 101 games, 100% solo:
WR: 66%

DPG: 2110

Assisted DMG*: ~1000

*Assisted DMG is an estimation based on my Type 62 stats which reflect the current meta unlike the overall stats on WZ.

I didnt run WoT Numbers from the start and while i recorded with it last 50-60 battles, im having  issues pulling any sensible data out of it. If anybody could get them from whole replay pack, would be great..

However i have acces to my overall stats on WZ before i rebought it and now so calculating DMG and WR isnt a problem.

Compared to my best tier 8 med,  P88 (no laughing pls :kjugh: ) - 67% WR and 2.4K DMG and 800 spotting its pretty much equal, only a tad bit worse.

Therefore in my eyes at least some of the tier 7 LTs are comparable to tier 8 meds performance-wise. Definately true about WZ and T71, havent revisited the rest recently except the LTTB (which is meh btw) so cant rly judge.

The sad truth tho is that even if tier 7 Lights are somewhat equal to tier 8 meds, they still get outperformed by heavies on their tier. 

With the T71 nerfed, and the bulldog still being big and 10 autoloader... How is the 131 these days? Was thinking of buying it again and strip my heavies of the crew...

So I see it said in this thread and have read of other unicum playing the 85mm on the 131.  I just unlocked the 100mm and find that I'm more successful with it which is odd because I typically play better with higher ROF options on guns...though I'm ok with REALLY long load tanks too.

Of course I'm a shitter so obviously I'm doing it wrong with the 85mm.  How to do it right?

Its my go-to tank for missions, more so than the BullGod or 13-90. The only real "buff" it needs atm is a bit more AP pen with the top 85mm, from 150 to perhaps 165-170. But, Im a huge fan of this tank and its abilities. 

With the 85mm, look for enagaements where you'll be able to attack the flank of a vehicle. If you're having more success dealing damage with the 100mm, you're probably "Fronting" the enemy instead of working a better angle. The AP/APCR of the 100mm will certainly allow you to deal more damage frontally, while the 85mm will allow much better flanking engagements and win many more 1v1s

4.44sec reload for 200 dmg, pretty nice gun handling and fun tank to play in general. A really, really good tank IMHO.

What is also nice is this dank HEAT round it has, 230 is pretty nice for a T7 scout.

I've played a few games in it today and it is really so comfy, love it.

Played on Himmels was below the hill and I rekt a Centurion I nicely, he called me a "little shit" cause I was invisible. :doge:

I have recently been playing the 131 for the light missions, and wow do I love this little tank.  However, I am starting to think i'm some sort of weirdo for liking the 100mm.  Should I put the 85mm on it and give that a try for a significant run of games?  

Edited by JurisImprudent