TheMarine0341

WZ131 Appreciation Thread

I am a 100 mm fan also, but I had it unlocked already, so maybe just a victim of circumstances from doing the medium line first and not wanting to use a stock gun. I have to say it's my new favorite Tier 7 light tank and I don't even have a good crew for it yet.

When I checked around on this a few weeks ago, at least 9 out of 10 players insisted to stick with the 85 mm Hammer Head gun. The general consensus was that the 100 mm was a horrible choice.

That said, I found the 100 mm superior for my tastes. Though I may be biased because I got almost NOTHING but tier X battles the last two weeks. The 85 mm simply is far too inifective for me there. Yes, I have seen replays of people doing amazing with the Hammer Head, the problem is that's only when put in a TIER 8 game. I never saw a good result of someone using the 85 mm when being forced into an X. And I am ALWAYS in an X it seems...

Anyhow, I finished my 3 MoE today in the WZ-131... this was with the 100 mm of course. I would not have got there without it.

3-marks_zpsavemqele.png

Unlocked 131, Played 190 games in it over 3 days, sold it and bought the 132. Possibly the most enjoyable tank i ever played; expected is seriously low (its a scout so meh), 1319 DPG + 1.1 KPG  netted me a ~4000 average wn8 in it (3929 but whos counting). Has fan-fucking-tastic mobility and camo, but is kinda lacking in gun dep (its chinese *shrugs*), but its way more manageable than the 3 deg will be on the 120. Sadly only 2 marked it, but IIRC i got the MoE to about 88%. Will probably buy it back later, but im too busy enjoying the beauty that is the 132. Like a tier X RU hovertank but at tier 8.

Edited by Piecejr

Unlocked 131, Played 190 games in it over 3 days, sold it and bought the 132. Possibly the most enjoyable tank i ever played; expected is seriously low (its a scout so meh), 1319 DPG + 1.1 KPG  netted me a ~4000 average wn8 in it (3929 but whos counting). Has fan-fucking-tastic mobility and camo, but is kinda lacking in gun dep (its chinese *shrugs*), but its way more manageable than the 3 deg will be on the 120. Sadly only 2 marked it, but IIRC i got the MoE to about 88%. Will probably buy it back later, but im too busy enjoying the beauty that is the 132. Like a tier X RU hovertank but at tier 8.

Anyhow, I finished my 3 MoE today in the WZ-131... this was with the 100 mm of course. I would not have got there without it.

Any pointers? I'm nearly to the 132 but my complete lack of skill in light tanks is starting to show: my 131 stats are green damage, red win rate. 

Edited by Tarski

You are made out of PAPER... remember that. Don't even bother trying to angle... you'll just present a bigger target to your opponents. Event the weakest of the weakest opponents will pen you 98% of the time.

The biggest hurdle for me was to get over that HORRIBLE depression... I suppose horrible is a state-of-mind...  If you are used to the Type-64, get ready for a shocker....  certainly if you're one of those american tanker fans you are going to have to handle your rage... 

That -3% depression issue near the end of the line is a big reason I don't see the point in completing up the Chinese tree.... ugh!

Inching closer to the 3rd Mark. Slowed down a bit as I took a break from playing it, but its still #1Scout

Yeah, same with me.  It really seems like the ideal tank to do the light tank missions in - good camo, punchy gun, good view range, doesn't get completely pooped all over by tier 10 mediums constantly.

As I recall you run the 85mm?  We should do a back-to-back sometime, since i'm a weirdo that likes the 100mm...

yeah Im using just the 85mm. If I wanted to CHAI it up, though, using the 100mm to play as a damage dealer instead might work. I just like the way the 85mm feels when Im playin

yeah Im using just the 85mm. If I wanted to CHAI it up, though, using the 100mm to play as a damage dealer instead might work. I just like the way the 85mm feels when Im playin

Makes sense.  I don't feel like I have to play SUPER snipey and passive with the 100mm, it's more just taking some occasional shots of opportunity at the fronts of things vs. not being as accurate when moving at mid-range.  It'd be interesting to play these setups side-by-side in platoon, as I suspect that would be pretty powerful.

Is the 85mm HEAT or APCR?  I forget...

Edited by _Juris

Just another reason I avoided the Hammer-Head like the plague...

And why so many E-100s pros switched out to the IS-7 when the over-nerf of HEAT was enforced... ahah! The bias is STRONK in Russian tanks...!

Guns

Which gun should I use?????? There are two that would most likely be suggested: the 85mm and the 100mm.

85mm:                                                                                  100mm:

RoF: 10.91                                                                           RoF: 6.9

Penetration: 159 AP | 230 HEAT                                         Penetration: 181 AP | 241 (APCR???? I don't have this gun yet D: D: D:).

Damage: 200 AP                                                                 Damage: 250 AP

Accuracy: 0.36                                                                    Accuracy: 0.38

Aiming Time: 2.3(s)                                                            Aiming Time: 2.7(s)

Which gun should I use? The 85mm has better DPM, but the 100mm has the damage/pen so you don't need to spam full gold.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Equipment

Right now I have a Vertical Stabilizer, a Gun Rammer, and a Binocular Telescope. Do you think I should change any of these???? And what to???

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perks

As of now I don't have any perks. 

Should I go with standard light (6S rest camo, then BIA) or should I do something different such as track perks, or gun perks.

poipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoi

For the 131, the only real answer is to use the 85mm. While yes, the 100mm is suitable for CHAI sniping, you'll find the 85mm will work better in most, if not all, situations. For my ammo loadout, Im about half AP/HEATand 1-2 HE rounds, as they have nearly 300 damage per shot

My 131's equipment loadout is Rammer, VStab, Coated optics. When Im specifically going for missions I will sometimes drop the rammer and load in Vents. After BIA and 6th/camo, my crew has visions skills and gun-handling training. Training from scratch, I would get camo/6th, train repairs/vision skills 2nd. You'll probably finish the grind at this point, so you'll need to decide if you're moving on or keeping the 131, and willing to invest some gold into the crew and reskill once again. For crew skills or other questions, you could refer to this http://wotlabs.net/articles/scouting-where-to-start/ and get a pretty detailed breakdown!

Platooned with a few WOTLabbers for this video

11 hours ago, WbPePpEr said:

Basically the sam what marine said: Go with the 85, it not only has way better dpm, but also better gun handling which is unparalled on its tier and you should abuse that. The pen isnt an issue unless you get to tier X, i found carrying 10 HEAT sufficient.

Equipment: VertS, Rammer, optics.

Dont even bother equiping anything else on a light tank as long as it can fit these.

Skills:

1st: 6sense - camo - camo - camo

2nd: Bros in arms

3rd: Camo - DesigT - Off road - SitAware

4th: Recon - Deadeye/Snapshot - Clutch - Safe Stowage

Skills and perks are sorted by they benefit, so its not always the best choice to train then in this order, but to chose some skill first and switch it for a perk later on, when its on 100% (train Snap/camo/offroad/SitAw, then retrain for bia)

I never bothered with repairs on lights since its usually Repkit or death. Ltwt might be an exception since it can sidescrape-bait.

I also run food, chinese tanks like to burn, but if you keep your fuel tanks repaired when hit, its manageable.

On 10/29/2015, 7:16:10, TheMarine0341 said:

For the 131, the only real answer is to use the 85mm. While yes, the 100mm is suitable for CHAI sniping, you'll find the 85mm will work better in most, if not all, situations. For my ammo loadout, Im about half AP/HEATand 1-2 HE rounds, as they have nearly 300 damage per shot

Platooned with a few WOTLabbers for this video

Watched through your video - nice game!  However, i'm not sure why you think you wouldn't have been able to do this game with the 100mm.  Can you elaborate?

42 minutes ago, _Juris said:

Watched through your video - nice game!  However, i'm not sure why you think you wouldn't have been able to do this game with the 100mm.  Can you elaborate?

It became a DPM situation with the 85mm vs the STI. With the 100mm, I probably have 2-300 less damage. The 4.6 second reload is a MONSTER in this situation of circle jerking, and if I needed to perma-track the 100mm just isnt good enough. The 85mm allows for that

would it be fair to suggest that the 85mm is better on an open map, while the 100mm is better on a closed map?  

If so, the research would need to control for map selection.  

I looked up the buffs in next patch... 100 mm is getting some love. With those buffs in place, is 100 mm viable option or is 85 mm still better gun?

The main drawback, shitty bloom is still gonna be there so id say no. And that buff of turret traverse dispersion for 85mm is in my opinion as good as both 100mm buffs combined.

So anyone who had a reason to use 100mm will still have the same reason and vice versa.

I looked up the buffs in next patch... 100 mm is getting some love. With those buffs in place, is 100 mm viable option or is 85 mm still better gun?

I was thinking the same exact thing. Seeing all these 132 drivers out there... making me second guess myself... I use the 85mm, hmm... maybe try the 100mm? Hmmmm..

I was thinking the same exact thing. Seeing all these 132 drivers out there... making me second guess myself... I use the 85mm, hmm... maybe try the 100mm? Hmmmm..

132 is another story. Now I believe 100mm on 132 is way to go.