TheMarine0341

WZ131 Appreciation Thread

Crashing in here to just say I love the 131, it's my highest wn8 tenku currently sitting at dead even 4000wn8 at 150 games. It's my only 3 MoE tank.:awyeah:

I'm swinging the 100mm on this with a rather unorthodox rammer-vents-optics+prem food setup. Switched out binos cause I almost never sit still in the tank and skipped v.stab cause at the moments I fire alot on the move I'm close enough for it not to matter too much. Usually just do some agressive early game scouting and try to use camo to get in a few potshots at the start. Then play a bit more passive in the mid game. Usually trying to establish vision for map-control. Endgame I tend to try and camo-hax snipe and circle solo picks on the map. Tank is a beast.

Should have read the thread before playing the tank. Played the first 12 battles with the 100mm and absolutely hated the gun. I was sceptical about the 85mm because lower pen and lack of APCR but switched it out just to give it a try and my fucking god it is like night and day. Better turret bloom and better aimtime doesn't look like much on paper but it makes all the difference.

21 minutes ago, Epic said:

Even sexxxier now that it is HD...

It does look fucking awesome. Especially with 100mm gun, but too bad it's not as good as 85mm. :( 

1 minute ago, no_name_cro said:

It does look fucking awesome. Especially with 100mm gun, but too bad it's not as good as 85mm. :( 

I wish it had the looks of the 85mm top gun of the wz132, not really a fan of the hammerhead either.

Thread necro! How's the WZ-131 in 2020 for an average-ish player, especially one (like me) who kind of sucks at light tank gameplay?

I actually quite like it. It's small (although a little bit on the long side), fast, maneuverable and has good camo rating. Given my previous light tank line is the US line, being able to sit in a bush and have tanks get within 100m and not automatically light you because you're huge actually feels quite nice.

You get a punchy gun which is pretty good for the tier, allowing you to play a pocket medium if absolutely necessary (such as a city map where there are 4 light tanks per team and the others are the little wheeled buggers so you can't really compete in terms of getting to the few good spotting bushes, for example) and also contribute damage-wise when necessary.

40 games, 907 DPG with 660 average assist, which is (for example), laughably better than my stats in the T-30/100 and not much worse than my stats in the Comet and Panther (although those two were my first ever medium tanks, and I am a better player now compared to when I played them). I imagine experienced light tank drivers can achieve very good results in this tank. Quite fun and at a good tier, so will probably hang onto it.

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

thing is tier 7 meds are terrible while tier 7 lights are just plain ugly.

True, most tier 7 lights are pretty ugly, but the WZ-131 isn't awful to look at in my opinion, which is another plus in its favour.