JSalvy

Soviet Medium Crew Help

Hello, fellow tankers! I'm currently grinding my way to the T62a from the T54. I am about 120k xp away from it. Still have a long way to go but I know I will have fun along the way. I really like the T54 but I was wondering if I should move the crew to the T62a when I get it. I am close to the 2nd skills for all the crew members for my T54. But there is another option. Should I just add a female crew to the new T62a? I still plan to play my T54 because I enjoy playing it along with my M46, especially in platoons. What would you guys recommend I do? Thanks! 

Hello, fellow tankers! I'm currently grinding my way to the T62a from the T54. I am about 120k xp away from it. Still have a long way to go but I know I will have fun along the way. I really like the T54 but I was wondering if I should move the crew to the T62a when I get it. I am close to the 2nd skills for all the crew members for my T54. But there is another option. Should I just add a female crew to the new T62a? I still plan to play my T54 because I enjoy playing it along with my M46, especially in platoons. What would you guys recommend I do? Thanks! 

Personally, I wouldn't bother keeping the T-54 because of the expense, you can get another 9 thats cheaper to run as a keeper. If you've already ground out the Obj 140 or aren't interested in acquiring it, I'd say can the T-54 and put that crew in a new line.

But if you want to keep it anyway and you have a shemale crew to throw in the 62A, by all means, sounds like a fine plan. 

I don't really see the point in keeping the T-54 if you got the T-62A

Personally I would sell the T-54 once I get the Object 140.

Did you guys not like the T54? I still need to get the 140 after the t62a so I guess the T54 will stay. 

Did you guys not like the T54? I still need to get the 140 after the t62a so I guess the T54 will stay. 

Sure, its a great tank. Just no point in playing it past a certain point because its so damn expensive.

Sure, its a great tank. Just no point in playing it past a certain point because its so damn expensive.

Ya this thing burns through credits so quickly and I don't even use that much heat. I hope the T62a is a fun tank as well. Also I don't see myself carrying much HEAT on it. 

Ya this thing burns through credits so quickly and I don't even use that much heat. I hope the T62a is a fun tank as well. Also I don't see myself carrying much HEAT on it. 

I carry 3:2, APCR:HEAT, in the 140 and I use it accordingly.

Still better than 3:1, HEAT:AP, in the T-54

I guess I'm just going to keep the crew in the T54 and put the female crew in the T62a. Don't wanna grind to the 140 with an awful crew. Looking forward to having a solid turret on the T62a and good APCR pen. 

out of pure curiosity, did you at least grind the gun that leads to the 140 first?  Are you using that gun?

Yup, the gun the leads to the 140 is the one I'm using. It's the better gun. I have about 140k xp on the T54 and that's without unlocking the gun that leads to the T62A

Definitely keep it around until you've unlocked both tier 10s. Once they're in your garage, you're likely not going to play the T-54 a whole lot anymore because the 10s are simply better in every way.

That said, I keep my T-54 because it was my first t9 and my most played tank to this day. I'm a nostalgic old fart and I still like to drive it for a few battles every now and then. If you gloss over the fact that it's stupidly expensive to run it's still a fine and fun tank. It's way past it's prime in terms of meta and it's no longer the crown jewel of t9 meds, but it's by no means bad.

Keep the T-54 until you have both 10s, then sell it. It's just not that fun when you have the 140 and 62A.

I think the only reason I still have mine is so I have a real tier 9 to play instead of tier 8 scouts.

I might just sell it off again though I could use those creds for other things

Do you guys find it more enjoyable to play the T62a and 140 over the T54? I might sell it if I end up liking the tier 10s more. Thinking of getting an E50 to join my M46 as my go to tier 9 mediums. 

Do you guys find it more enjoyable to play the T62a and 140 over the T54?

Yes. The boost to gun handling, shell speed and turret armour make them more fun to drive even if you could argue the T-54 is stronger for tier.

If I were you, I'd grind both the tier 10s, transfer the crew to 62a, put new female crew to 140 and grind a new crew in T54.

If I were you, I'd grind both the tier 10s, transfer the crew to 62a, put new female crew to 140 and grind a new crew in T54.

Yeah, I've decided to transfer my T54 crew to the T62a. Then I'll put a fresh crew in the T54, possibly from different russian heavy crews that I can retrain. I realized that I only have 2 female crew members...Don't really wanna finish the other class missions. Having a better crew on my tier 10 would benefit myself and my team as well. 

You can keep the T-54 just fine if you are a AP nut (\o/ 0 rounds HEAT slung :D) but I agree with the toher guys, anyone packing HEAT should get rid of it after, unless they want a Tier 9 med to go with ST-I and E-75 for Tier 9 collection.