Anybody else besides me not getting captain xp or credits in the free premium ships? It shows 2K convertible xp, but both battles have shown 0 credits in the after action and my captain isn't acquiring points in the skill bar. Konisberg is the one I have.

Anybody else besides me not getting captain xp or credits in the free premium ships? It shows 2K convertible xp, but both battles have shown 0 credits in the after action and my captain isn't acquiring points in the skill bar. Konisberg is the one I have.

I just read the "test" announcement. It's bc the ships are only temporary.

You do get credits and EXP but not the regular way, look at the detailed panel and it shows what you are getting.

Is retraining time-efficient (with the 200k credit shortcut) for a captain with 10-11 points?

I just retrained a captain for the North Carolina with 12 points, it came out to 51k exp to retrain which could be reduced by half with the credit option. Not bad at all, throw it on a premium ship which doesn't get the retraining penalty to the skills and it doesn't take long.

Well it said 0 credits for battle, apparently I didn't dig deep enough into the report. You have to destroy 4 ships in 1 battle/tier 4 and higher to get it, Japan for the German, USA for the Russian. I trained reload and turret speed, thinking I would get another point for detection alert fairly quickly but the progress bar isn't advancing at all.

Oh so I have a Königsberg in my Port because I did 4 kills in my Fubuki yesterday? Does it just appear?

Because I just played 3 hours and did not notice I have it. I am in bed now and can't look with this notebook.

Edited by PrivateBert

Well then I probably had it all day yesterday and did not notice. Sounds like me.

Once when I visited my parents, I did not notice for 5 days that all their houses interior was new. Doors, Floors, furniture, everything :)

Well then I probably had it all day yesterday and did not notice. Sounds like me.

Once when I visited my parents, I did not notice for 5 days that all their houses interior was new. Doors, Floors, furniture, everything :)

That is some amazing situational awareness Captain! ;)

Agreed. This is even worse than mine.

I am redeemed :) It is NOT in my hangar. Why? I don't know. Screenshots of my 4 kill battle are in in the "carry thread". But I don't care, did not want it anyway.

How do I Furutaka?

I try to stay near higher value targets.  Any player with their head out of their ass knows that the Futiletaka is a giant floating citadel, and they will rain AP down upon your paper sides with extreme prejudice.  You can't get too aggressive because your HP just evaporates in large chunks, your turrets turn extremely slow, and your reload is rather long for your tier.  I try to hang as near friendly BBs as range will allow.  Basically, I try to make sure the enemy has something tastier to shoot at nearby and hope I can provide support to that tastier something.

The furu is the perfect ship for the T5 cruiser meta. Play aggressively, but not so much so that you get primaried (it doesn't yolo as well as the Omaha). Use that sexy low detection range too to get the first shot and cap points undetected in the late game. 

It has really good guns, shame the turrets let it down lol. As said the ship is weakly armored, but it is thin also so I always try to use that to my advantage. The guns require forethought to use and require pre-aiming but they are absolutely devastating to other cruisers and if your facing a stock battle ship your shells can punch through their soft decks into their citadels. The torpedoes are nice also so don't forget you have them

How do I Furutaka?

Play-style is more akin to a BB than a CA, it actually kinda reminds me of a Tier 5 Tirpitz except it has no armor. Pre-planned turret movement is a must, and as others have said be aggressive but not enough to get focused fired at for a prolong period of time. Take a step back and think about whether or not you like this play style because IJN cruisers at higher tier will be similar to the Furutaka. Also the ship now is WAY better than pre-patch; this thing use to be near unplayable.