no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

The game for me has been credit limited. I use gold for respecing captains or retraining them. With a premium account you should start getting a surprising amount of free exp just sitting there. I use that for modules, but because the exp you get per battle is higher, the 5 percent free exp adds up fast. You will need some doubloons, but more credits.  would by captain exp flags when they are on sale as well as credit +20 percent flags as well. Once you get to T8 or so, the repair flags are useful. Captains seem very important in WOWS. Possibly more important than Tanks crews.

As far as being an old fart at 30 something, I have you beat at  63. The are many of the walker and hip replacement AARP brigade playing WOWS.

15 hours ago, Birkovic said:

If I was to throw some money at the WoWs screen and buy a bundle, would it be more beneficial to buy the MANILA GALLEON (15,500 DOUBLOONS;37,500,000 CREDITS.) or 30,500 DOUBLOONS, or is there a third option, which is the better call?

I have premium time on due playing WoT, and recently started WoWs, so I'm pretty terrible.

I'm an old fart in the early thirties with a busy full time job and a family, so I don't have the time to buy a prem. ship and grind a ton of stuff etc., which makes the gold+credit combo appealing to me.

Credits are easy to gain in WoWs with a Premium account, it's the XP for the higher tier ships that can take quite a while to acquire.  I can play the PVE client with my Atago or the Tirpitz and make 200k+ without having an epic game.  The same game in PVP would be closer to 450k, so depending on your mood, choose your own poison.

Having sufficient gold to turn in for free xp is always good for upgrading modules.  I had 39k free xp when I got my North Carolina, but used gold to get the last 18k so I could immediately mount the "B" hull @ 57k xp and 4 million creds ( +12k hp and better AA).

Does WoWs have big events with lots of interesting offers (not get a bundle if mediocre stuff:feelsbad: ) like WoT has several times per year? If yes, do you know when the next is to be expected?

20 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Does WoWs have big events with lots of interesting offers (not get a bundle if mediocre stuff:feelsbad: ) like WoT has several times per year? If yes, do you know when the next is to be expected?

No major events, apart from the GNB and project R, and we all know how the first went down.

Most focus for "free" stuff goes into Ranked, and some occasional Bundle sales for iconic warships (Tirpitz, warspite).

So... why the fuck are Battleships refered to as BBs, Cruisers to CC, Destroyers to DDs? 

Acronyms to me just dont make any fucking sense. Battle Boat? Cruising Captain? Destroying Debbie? 

30 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

The navy is terrible w/ their acronyms, speaking from personal experience

Can I use my repair party ("T", not "R") while I have a fire burning or is it more beneficial to wait until the fire is extinguished?

22 minutes ago, monty50k said:

Can I use my repair party ("T", not "R") while I have a fire burning or is it more beneficial to wait until the fire is extinguished?

It depends. It will end up being the same thing.

1 hour ago, monty50k said:

If there's not a lot of HP to be recovered let it burn for a while so you can get the most out of that heal, since all fire damage can be repaired.

23 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

Have any of you played WOWS on Windows 10? If so, how has it worked.

Been playing for 8 months without any issues. Though I can't tell you the difference between 10 and 8/7 because I haven't had older Wins installed on my PC.

29 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

Have any of you played WOWS on Windows 10? If so, how has it worked.

10 starts up faster than 8.1 ever did, and I've had zero issues running WoWS, so net positive IMHO.

Have had Windows 10 since it was available, never had any issues

Just finished my three tier 3 grinds, so Im onto the tier 4's in the US DDs, CCs, and Jpn DDs. At this stage of the game, what do I need to be more aware of? Doing well so far, 67% WR with nearly 100 battles but I feel thats more luck and platooning with @RollerCoaster47 

As you go up the various DD lines be aware of your view range on your DD's. Isokaze with camo is 5.9-6 km and your torp range will be 7km at 68knots (once upgraded). You can start stealth torping. US DD's are gun boats and ambush torpers. So be careful when you are in the open and fire at people shooting at other players. Try to figure out how to stay alive in cruisers. It is kind of like playing poker. Figure out when you should fold em. Also, learn when to switch to AP from HE when shooting at CA's.

5 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Have had Windows 10 since it was available, never had any issues

Just finished my three tier 3 grinds, so Im onto the tier 4's in the US DDs, CCs, and Jpn DDs. At this stage of the game, what do I need to be more aware of? Doing well so far, 67% WR with nearly 100 battles but I feel thats more luck and platooning with @RollerCoaster47 

If you want someone else to platoon with when roller isn't around I am usually in the boats channels on the relic TS.

3 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I want someone else to platoon with when roller isn't around I am usually in the boats channels on the relic TS.

Dude I am always down 

On 6/30/2016 at 3:58 PM, How_Terrible said:

If you want someone else to platoon with when roller isn't around I am usually in the boats channels on the relic TS.

And you're also fucking terrible at responding to in game messages

So an Iowa was sitting stationary in front of an island and I came around the corner in my Blyskawica and had all 15,500 of my health intending to just tank the hit and then torpedo him.  He fucking one shot me for all my health with just his two front batteries.  What the hell?  How is that possible?  It was not a detonation.  I thought battleships could only do over penetration damage to destroyers.  I was completely bow in to him, going straight at him when he shot and killed me.  Possible for AP to actually kill me?  Maybe he had HE loaded (though I don't see why when he was shooting at cruisers earlier)?

Going bow-on in a DD to a BB is a double-edged sword. If he has good aim and RNG is in his favor, he can place 3+ good shots through your bow which will over-pen, but go through the entire length of the ship which gives the AP shells more than enough time to fuse and detonate.

Often hitting DD's in the side with AP almost always results in over-pens, but if the DD is angled, BB AP will over-match then fuse, which results in 33% of max damage per shell hit. I've nailed lots of DD's this way, and every-time I play a DD, I'm basically playing Russian roulette hoping the BB has shitty aim.

Most likely HE, or he just got really fucking lucky with non-overpens. I was playing the Khaba the other day on the PTS and a Yamato shot me to hell from 12km away, I was ~18k HP, no detonation as well, and I know he was firing AP because colored tracers. I sometimes get non-overpenetrating shots with BBs on DDs myself.