no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

With the Atago/MK/Tirpitz being on sale on the EU cluster, which one would you recommend and why?

I have the Murm and Molotov in the harbour.

Thank you in advance :)

Thank you guys. Most ressources which I found were comparisons from 2015. That seemed a bit dated to me.

3 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Thank you guys. Most ressources which I found were comparisons from 2015. That seemed a bit dated to me.

We have a reviewer on NA that does a pretty good job of explaining the ships' strengths and weaknesses and also tries to update them for any changes.

Link:  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/90861-littlewhitemouse-mega-ship-review-guide-page/

This may not be that quick of a question but I don't see a good place to ask it. Big Brother's Map w/ domination. I'm in the Nassau. Team agrees to take points C and B but ignore A. I'm very new to the game but this didn't sit with me. Not wanting to die alone, I went with the team but hung around the "back" of the group headed to B just to keep at eye on A. We ended up getting bogged down at C and B and got swept by the enemy group that took A. My question is this, was it a good plan that was badly executed? Or was it a bad plan and if that's the case, what should I do?

I have seen lemming rushes work on that map, but you can't get bogged down. You must attack very aggressively or you lose the match like you did. So in that case probably bad execution, but in pub matches a lot of people want someone else to soak damage for them. Therefore on that map, you probably need at least 3-4 ships contesting the other side. They can just skirmish, but they need to buy time for the lemmings. 

I guess the answer to your question then is a little bit of both. Hard plan to make work, so maybe need some people defending the other side. IMO no matter what map you play on, it generally is a bad idea to give the red team a free cap or two. You lose to many points. It can work, but it is dicey.

7 hours ago, Sabocat said:

This may not be that quick of a question but I don't see a good place to ask it. Big Brother's Map w/ domination. I'm in the Nassau. Team agrees to take points C and B but ignore A. I'm very new to the game but this didn't sit with me. Not wanting to die alone, I went with the team but hung around the "back" of the group headed to B just to keep at eye on A. We ended up getting bogged down at C and B and got swept by the enemy group that took A. My question is this, was it a good plan that was badly executed? Or was it a bad plan and if that's the case, what should I do?

In general if a team tries to take all three caps, they'll be spread too thin and would likely lose a flank and the enemy fleet can start to roll up your team. Lemming in this game is actually a viable strategy compared to WoT due to relative lack of cover and the advantages of concentrated firepower. You can't have 2 ships holding a choke point in WoWS like you can with 2 Maus behind some big rocks for example. Another key difference is that in WoWS, it's much less about capping a flag than being able able to control a flag. Ship can cover a cap without being close to it.  

... I think you meant Big Race and not Two Brothers map as there is no Big Brother's map.

160px-Big_Race.png

If I recall, B cap is in that big open area surrounded by the 8 islands. If you look at it,that area is very exposed with multiple firing lanes into that area. I think what would have been better was to cap C, but from areas near C you can still shoot into B; Thus you can cap C and still deny your enemy from being able to cap B rather than going into B itself and trying to cap it under a hail of fire. Once you are done capping C, you can flex depending on where there enemy is, if they try to cap B then you can shoot them from C and be in relative cover while they are completely exposed. Just a matter of attrition before you win once that happens. 

Alright I decided to use the last $30 of my anniversary gift card on something more selfish, soooo Texas or Dunkerque? I like my battleships, I have one for every tier from 2 to 8, I decided to rebuy the NY once I won the APR Kongos and use those for derping around t5 matches so I could easily replace it with the Texas, but the Dunkin Donut is new and pretty too. My New Mexico was my keeper for Tier 6 but I get the feeling I will replace it with the Bayrn when I get to it as my keeper t6. Tough choices....

18 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Alright I decided to use the last $30 of my anniversary gift card on something more selfish, soooo Texas or Dunkerque?

As much as I've bashed the Dunkerque, it's worth its reasonable cost.  I love my Texas, but unless they revert the MM changes, you're going to see tier 7 nearly every game in it.

I think I might buy the Dunkin Donut, the price of the Texas will stay the same for a while but the Dunkin will go up after the sale is over

On 8/19/2016 at 2:25 PM, map381 said:

0 damage hits seem to be a thing like they were in tanks now.

the official thing I heard was that it was because you penned a torpedo bulge but not the armor behind it, but who knows

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Getting better at dealing more and more damage, poorer at winning :/ 

Sometimes you just hope your team does well. You can do all the DMG you want but you will never be able to Cap all the points,kill all the ships. The easiest way to win is just to lead the pubbies. Or get a division going. Staying back and doing dmg is great if your team can finish.

If you want to just win then kill their ships in reverse size order. Once their DDs die on a Domination map it's basically GG. Get a 3 man div and you can bulldoze 80% of games easy.

1 hour ago, OnboardG1 said:

If you want to just win then kill their ships in reverse size order. Once their DDs die on a Domination map it's basically GG. Get a 3 man div and you can bulldoze 80% of games easy.

What's best combination for doing just that? (for both 2men and 3men)

57 minutes ago, CompanionCav said:

What's best combination for doing just that? (for both 2men and 3men)

US DD, big hitting battleship with good AA and a carrier. That covers all your bases and ensures you get a good CV. Alternatively you can gamble on the CV and take a cruiser like the Hindy or Zao.

4 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

US DD, big hitting battleship with good AA and a carrier. That covers all your bases and ensures you get a good CV. Alternatively you can gamble on the CV and take a cruiser like the Hindy or Zao.

"big hitting" so GE BBs are out

"Good AA" I guess this leaves IJN BB out?

So basically US BB line and then Yammy instead of Monty?

26 minutes ago, CompanionCav said:

"big hitting" so GE BBs are out

"Good AA" I guess this leaves IJN BB out?

So basically US BB line and then Yammy instead of Monty?

Er no, the DE BBs hit very hard and Yamato has perfectly reasonable AA if your CV is even slightly on the ball and you've not specced it badly. GK's AA is a bit weaker but still acceptable.

All of this is sort of meaningless though because as long as one of you is in a DD you should be able to shit on the vast majority of pubbies because focus fire from a division is such a massive force multiplier. Pair that up with US smoke and you'll only lose of your team runs themselves into a failure cascade.

5 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

focus fire from a division is such a massive force multiplier. Pair that up with US smoke and you'll only lose of your team runs themselves into a failure cascade.

This is the biggest issue with the game atm. 

10 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

This is the biggest issue with the game atm. 

I don't really agree. Teamplay that has a strong impact on the game is absolutely fine. Three unicum players should be able to carry strongly through all but the 20% of games that are lost from the word go (either due to wonky MM which is less common now or due to extremely bad play). The problem right now is that aggressive play is not well rewarded.