no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

With an nvidia card you can try this if you're still not happy with the in-game results:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/87806-how-to-improve-the-visual-quality-and-anti-aliasing-of-world-of-warships-a-step-by-step-guide/

I was using that before the AA changes.  I would occasionally have a minor shader issue in the sky, but the game looked very good overall.

I have a gtx 980 and I run at 1920 x 1080. With msaa on high and anti aliasing at 8x. The results are decent, but there still are flickers. I used what Mesrith suggested, but you have to redo it after driver updates.

I'm quiet tempted by the current discounts on premium boats for dubloons on EU.

However, I'm still quiet new and haven't played that many games. For reasons I can't explain I've spent money on a decent amount of prems: Murmansk, Molotov, Scharnhort, Tirpitz, Warspite and Blyska. 

Currently I'm torn as tier 5 & 6 seems to be getting the shaft, but my skill progress /grinds are only at about tier 6. Thus I've stayed out of the Tirpitz and only just bought the Blyska and Scharnhorst. However, I don't have any Russian trainers above tier 6 (sigh!) and no Japanese or American trainers at all. 

My profile/stats for reference: https://eu.warships.today/player/500812028/Birkovic

With this taken into account, what would you recommend for me? Money is not really an issue.

Thank you in advance :)

Concur with map. Your cruiser, gun DD, and BB numbers are all decent, and you have good to great prems in all but cruisers. Molotov was pretty good before they broke mid tier MM. Atago it is. 

On the other hand, the Blys and the Scharn are best in class prems under current MM, and among best in class period. You really don't NEED anything else when you have those 2, unless captain training is that important to you.

DDs? Probably the t9 and 10, t2-7 vary between outright terrible and ok. For the cruiser line, Probably the Kirov, Moskva, and maybe Chapayev.

16 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

DDs? Probably the t9 and 10, t2-7 vary between outright terrible and ok. For the cruiser line, Probably the Kirov, Moskva, and maybe Chapayev.

The Kiev for it's tier is pretty strong too.

6 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

The Kiev for it's tier is pretty strong too.

Kiev has left me very disappointed. It lacks the HP to be competitive.

Just now, TouchFluffyTail said:

Kiev has left me very disappointed. It lacks the HP to be competitive.

It took me a while to warm up to it because of the relatively small hp pool. But once I got the hang of it I had some real monster games in it. Really the low hp and short range torps are it's only real weaknesses.

On 12/1/2016 at 7:27 PM, TouchFluffyTail said:

Huh, not Budyonny?

The tier 6s have been on 30 % off the entire week. I've been holding off buying the Arizona due to the current MM, the limited AA (I don't toon) and the relatively low calibre guns. 

Is that a correct call?

42 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

The tier 6s have been on 30 % off the entire week. I've been holding off buying the Arizona due to the current MM, the limited AA (I don't toon) and the relatively low calibre guns. 

Is that a correct call?

The Arizona does pretty good when up tiered. It's got decent AA for it's tier, but the best thing about it is the guns are really accurate. With the spotter plan I sometimes get citadel hits at 18+ km. Even with the current MM I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

1 hour ago, Birkovic said:

.... I've been holding off buying the Arizona due to the current MM, the limited AA (I don't toon) and the relatively low calibre guns. 

Can you buy the AZ from the in-game shop for doubloons?  I thought was only an occasional visitor to the premium shop?

19 minutes ago, Invictus said:

Can you buy the AZ from the in-game shop for doubloons?  I thought was only an occasional visitor to the premium shop?

I'm on EU. Over here it's been available for dubloons for some time now. In general our ships for dubloons marked is quiet OK, I must admit.

@OnboardG1, I believe that, I've seen you do both the Arizona and Indianapolis on Flamu's stream. Assuming tier 7s go on discount this weekend, which one would you recommend for EU meta?