no_name_cro

Quick questions & quick answers. [WoWS]

Just now, Birkovic said:

Having followed the president of Tweets from I distance I can confirm, that USA #1 USA #1 USA #1 USA #1 USA #1 USA #1 :kappa:

Hey, I don't see anyone trying to make Europe great again. :-p

So, due to a combination of always taking the money boxes and missions, I have a relatively flush bank account, and am thinking of rebuying a ship I really enjoyed. The Amagi.

Thoughts, worth bothering or will it just gather dust? 

4 hours ago, bathoz said:

So, due to a combination of always taking the money boxes and missions, I have a relatively flush bank account, and am thinking of rebuying a ship I really enjoyed. The Amagi.

Thoughts, worth bothering or will it just gather dust? 

I've kept mine this whole time and still play it fairly often, despite having Tirpitz and other options.  The main battery is just so good, and combined with the mobility it's still one of my favorite ships in the game.

Amagi is bae, the only T8 BB that gives you the satisfaction of reliably nuking Bismarcks for 15k+ from outside their secondary range.

Wait for the update, when the B hull becomes the A hull it will get the current B hull's improved AP. Yeah, stock Nagato is pretty goddamn trash.

7 hours ago, Yurra said:

Wait for the update, when the B hull becomes the A hull it will get the current B hull's improved AP. Yeah, stock Nagato is pretty goddamn trash.

Source?

There have been reports that captains left in premium ships have been retrained to the premium ship, not the original. So people not on NA may want to move all captains back to their non premium source ships.

Another unneeded buff for the IJN line, first A hull Kongo disappeared, then Nagato, what Fuso next? What about USN BBs, they have just as terrible stock hulls

2 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

There have been reports that captains left in premium ships have been retrained to the premium ship, not the original. So people not on NA may want to move all captains back to their non premium source ships.

It is a bit late for this.

7 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Another unneeded buff for the IJN line, first A hull Kongo disappeared, then Nagato, what Fuso next? What about USN BBs, they have just as terrible stock hulls

Haha, are you serious? The stock hulls on the IJN BBs were beyond trash, far worse than anything the US has to deal with, and nothing has changed with the top hulls.

51 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Haha, are you serious? The stock hulls on the IJN BBs were beyond trash, far worse than anything the US has to deal with, and nothing has changed with the top hulls.

Yea I'm serious, A hull Kongo wasn't that bad nor was the Nagato, sure they weren't good, but at least bareable when compared to stock hull New Mexico and especially Colorado

That's laughable. The difference between between a stock hull US dread and fully upgraded one is the difference between having something that functions and something that could be considered good. The difference between the hulls on the IJN counterparts has been between sailing a floating wreck and something that could be considered good. The poor little Fuso is still stuck in that state. It's basically the Ishizuchi's crippled older brother with the stock hull.

" For Fubuki, the time the Smoke Screen consumable is active for was decreased from 89 seconds to 81 seconds. "

Why? That ship didn't seem OP

22 hours ago, Yurra said:

nvm

I suspect the disagreement on USN/IJN BBs has to do with the meta when you went through them. I leveled through to the NC when aircraft carriers were common and terrifying. In that meta, the stock USN hulls were a death sentence. They were very visible to carriers, and your "one man with a machine gun shooting at birds" AA just didn't help you.

The IJN hulls weren't great, but other than being super sexy, they were, at least, not plane magnets.

I'm still rocking the stock hull for the NorCa and the lack of AA and rudder shift time difference is noticeable especially when pitted against tier X carriers. I wouldn't say it's as crippling as a stock Fuso/Nagato though because the AA vulnerability is pretty situational.

The biggest difference for me is the IJN BBs speed (and gun range) allowed the flex and were forgiving if you did not guess right where to go on the map initially.  If you choose wrong on the US BBs (and don't go with the lemming train, well follow behind them) you will be out of position and spend half the match trying to get to a spot where you can deal damage OR get stuck when everyone dies or runs off to be focus fired unable to escape being too slow.

So I role up all my lines pretty evenly. Currently at tiers 5-6 across the board, but I generally have 10-11 skill captains for everything. 

Question is: is it worth doing a secondary build captain on my mid tier German BB (starting with konig)? Or should I just go with general tanky/general BB survival skills? Are secondary builds only worth it at high tiers? Since manual secondaries only gives a tiny bonus at low tiers it seems like a waste of a four point skill, but I love he idea of having one of my BB lines being secondary.

Thoughts? I know it is cheap training right now, but would rather prefer to save myself the 5-10 games to form my own opinion.

Secondaries aren't really usable until Bismarck, not even on Gneisenau regardless of her 128s. They're too short ranged and some of them fire AP (useless against everything that angles even slightly). I think you're better off maximising either survivability or AA, since CVs are still very common at these tiers.

The Gneis is a close range brawler where you want to minimize the lack of guns by employing your secondaries and torps - ideally you want to be within 6kms so you can use both, any further and you'll be at a DPM disadvantage against any other BB.

Fully kitted out, your secondaries reach to 7.6kms, which is quite nasty once combined with manual control for secondaries.

Secondaries are the only thing worthwhile on the Konig and Bayern, and will completely shred any cruiser or DD that gets too close.