Fabunil

Loosing an internal module without actually loosing HP

I just wanted to share this somewhere since i didn´t think this was possible until this happened while grinding the French Clickers:

kKLMqMG.jpg

An enemy Indienpanzer somehow managed to hit my gun and knock out my gunner without actually causing any actual damage to my vehicle, which I thought was impossible until I saw it myself.

Here is the link to the replay, skip to 12:09 when the shot happens:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2021788#pearl_river-fabunil-amx_13_f3_am

The more you know...

I would have to assume, both by looking at real pictures of the tank in operation, and confirmed by the fact that it can't mount any of the 3 Improved Vents equipment pieces, that it is considered in the game as an open topped vehicle. Other arty pieces that are definitely closed vehicles, like the Bishop, 304, 53/55, etc. can mount Vents. All open topped vehicles can sustain crew damage without tank damage, because crew is considered external.

Yeah, that's because in that specific arty some stuff like gun and crew isn't protected by anything.

To put in perspective - gunner hitbox is sticking out of armor model of tank. AFAIK same can happen to M41 HMC and few others.

Gunner and both loaders are sitting almost entirely outside the vehicle. Dunno what web site/computer program can show you that, but the armor inspector app for android can. It's logical that, should they be hit without the projectile actually hitting the tank itself, they be killed while the tank remained intact. It may look a bit absurd though, considering the crew isn't rendered.

Ditto, it's easy to find trajectory that hit the gun (breech, for exemple) without hitting the primary armour.

So would a shot that hits the invisible gunner but doesn´t hit the gun (or any other part of the armor that acts as spaced armor) just phase through his imaginary body without killing him?

After all the shot wouldn´t be registered in the first place since it wouldn´t hit the armormodel of the tank.

So would a shot that hits the invisible gunner but doesn´t hit the gun (or any other part of the armor that acts as spaced armor) just phase through his imaginary body without killing him?

After all the shot wouldn´t be registered in the first place since it wouldn´t hit the armormodel of the tank.

The visual model of the tank doesn't determine whether you "hit", it is handled by the collision(?) model (see the various errors they have had).  So if the hitbox for the gunner is outside the tank, and you shoot it, it will register as a 'hit' but no HP will be taken away (although the gunner would have a crit roll).  More confusing for the shooter than the recipient.