awcmon

Haven't been on since 8.6-- What's New?

Hey there,

As the title says, I haven't played WoT practically since 8.6 or so came out. Anybody here nice enough to fill me in on whats new?

Also, before I left, I got my first tier X (FV4202) and now I'm looking for a good line to grind down. I've tried researching myself, but there's been so many new additions I can't keep up. I like tanks with a lot of maneuverability, firepower, and gun depression, and I don't care much for armor, though turret armor would be really nice (I like tanks like the Leopard 1, Cromwell, Comet, and Centurion).

In addition, is the FV4202 still crap or did WG finally buff it after all this time?

Nice to see that WoTLabs is still up and running.

As far as tanks go the Batchat is the best tank in the game.  It has really good fire power with lots of mobility.  The second best tank in the game, the 140, its also a great option that is popular in every aspect of the game(cw, tourneys etc.).  The next best tank after that would be the IS-7, with its nearly impenetrable turret.  It can also haul ass like no other heavy.  Cancer is still cancer, and the tking of said cancer has been increasing steadily over the past year or so.

lol@OTL

Um, WN8 is now the metric (as you can see the numbers are slightly different than your sig) people tend to use, the 4202 is still shit, and arty has become increasingly prevalent again. Lots of new tanks in the game. The latest patch has made it almost unplayable for some people running AMD GPU's. Go down the French line as that has both the batchat and the 30b.

Welcome back.  You should have stayed away from this horrid game XD

Basically, The great arty nerf of 8.6 drove away all sorts of cancer players, drawing in TDs as the pub meta.  After much TD nerfing, the age of mediums arrived with their ability to quickly change flanks, rival heavy tank guns, with DPM that shredded them up.  Since then War Gaming has tried to nerf mediums by reducing the penetration on them, but to no avail.  So now they are nerfing them in a different manner, by introducing corridor maps instead.  This works for shitters but for unicums and some blues, this is nothing.  I.E. they are trying to introduce the heavy meta.

Recently though, since this heavy meta has started up/tried to grow, arty is back in force.  They target you based on stats alone now, and judging by your stats, you are now a target so keep moving at all times.

The 4202 went through a RoF buff, but now the tank will be replaced by something even better.  The Centurion Action X.  Basically the 7/1 buffed to tier 10, with APCR, HEAT, and HESH ammo choices.  If you liked the tier 9, you should feel pretty comfy with the 7/1.  Don't sell the 4202 though, because you may get it as a free premium if you have it in your garage.

Japanese tanks were introduced, and now the heavy line is set to come next patch.  So we are told at least.  Basically tanks that are larger than the Maus will start fucking shit up.

Lastly, OP tanks are now down to mobility.  Armor is a thing of the past as people now finally figured out you can buy gold for credits.  Tanks like the Batchat, 140, T62a, basically all mediums but the M48, and 4202 are still OP (even though the meta is shifting towards heavies).  They are still OP because basically, good players are not tied down to the fact that metas change most of the time.  Most heavies are still going strong though, and TDs are starting to struggle.

That's all I got.  Hopefully this helps :)

Dang, I originally quit because of arty and how they kept targeting my sorry ass.

Nice to hear that mediums are still strong though.

Also I swear on my life, it's been a year or more since the Action X Centurion was unveiled and everybody sat around twiddling their fingers in anticipation of it, and it STILL has not come.

Also I swear on my life, it's been a year or more since the Action X Centurion was unveiled and everybody sat around twiddling their fingers in anticipation of it, and it STILL has not come.

Action X is slated for 9.11, two patches from now. Based on the current statistics, it looks like it's going to be an great tank, accelerating like a rocket to 53 km/h with Russian hovertank-level terrain resistance and having nice gun handling.

-G- has lost its place as a top tier clanu but is still decently ranking (lots of strong clans have faded into obscurity and new ones have arose) 

-bulba/otter appear to be the top 2 with nobody else seemingly contesting atm 

-strongholds are a new amazing way to grind out fuck tons of credits (try 25k credits per min with full bonuses+yolo) 

-new game "armoured warfare" is starting to look like a modern wot with less retarded devs (less broken arty, better balancing and general work) though the game is currently in closed beta*? with the optimization being too poor to run on shit computers

-silents stalkers for the record blog was replaced by Rita gamers status report blog and she is doing a great job of it

-clan wars 2.0 is here  

-world of tanks is now far better optimized, especially for shit computers like mine

-tanks are being changed to HD models which also tend to come with amour changes (nerfs or buffs)

-new incredibly shitty brittish TD line

-new amazingly stupid german TD line that has no amour (like 0-20mm) and stupidly strong guns ending in the WTF E100 that has .3 accuracy and a 5 shell 128mm autoloader clip (after about 5 patches of nerfing)

-japanese tonks

-IS3 was buffed like 3 times

-hellcat nerfed into oblivion

-TDs lost their camo bonus while firing with an exception to prems, making the snipey bullshit meta dissolve  

-183 speed nerfed into oblivion and hesh pen reduced to 230 

-KV1S replaced by kv85 which is actually balanced 

-tier 6 ruled by light tanks and cromwell variants 

-tank destroyers are garbage for the most part

-more dank tank memes than you could ever expect

-new WN8 metric (cap points are dumb) heavilly focused on dmg with kills providing a multiplier to it with a per tank expected basis with many small aspects worked in 

-we got better@tonks

-light tanks lost 1 battle tier making it so you only see +3 at most

-chaffee was re done into the t37

-new mod for cancer that gives it a view based off the shell arc so you can now play cancer "well" with even more ease if you are that kind of asshole

-there are now personal missions in game that though cancerous they are, give some really nice bonuses, enough to make me play cancer for some of them

(& artys #1 name now is cancer as it is quite fitting)

Whoa, -G- isn't top anymore? What happened? What previously strong clans died, and what new ones rose?

Actually, what are the list of the top ranking clans now?

Whoa, -G- isn't top anymore? What happened? What previously strong clans died, and what new ones rose?

-G- cleared out some inactives and recruited some shitters.  Good players' jimmies got rustled so they went elsewhere.

BULBA is the top clan at the moment in my mind.  Almost all other clans don't compare in skill or activity.

Top 1-2: Bulba, Otter

Top 3-5: Chai, Vilin, Relic

Top 5-10: -G-, Esport, Pingu, Pbkac, D-O-S

Top 10-15: Foxey, REL_3, R-7, Mahou, Hardware Rus

SIMP is dead, NTR is dead, BULLS rose and died, Relic 2nd got disbanded a few times, Badgr died and recently reformed as even worse than before.

Top 5-10: -G-, Esport, Pingu, Pbkac, D-O-S

SIMP is dead, NTR is dead, BULLS rose and died, Relic 2nd got disbanded a few times, Badgr died and recently reformed as even worse than before.

D-O-S died in 2014 and recently reformed

REL-2 got hacked and disbanded in late march 2014 -> immediately reformed into REL_2, which was also hacked and disbanded precisely 1 year after the first time -> immediately reformed into REL_O (REL_0 ?) And has been in this form ever since.

In august 2014, someone named cutterz attempted to make the clan IOC a respectible clan, if not actually good at tanks. In the brief time he was in charge, he changed the clan tag and name to simply "The Imperial Order" [TIO], tried to mend ties through cr/d, and attempted to get good players to teach them how to play better. Unfortunately the old leaders weren't happy with the changes and ended up reversing all the changes, so cutterz left and formed his own clan with about half of IOC's members. Back in november 2013, a guy called "CanadianGuitar" created a clan IOC_5 for the purpose of trolling IOC (_5 was actually filled with decent players), and saw this whole deal as an oppertunity to troll even harder; whenever a clan tag changes, the original is frozen for a month, which is what happened to the tag IOC when cutterz changed it to TIO. Cutterz messaged CG and told him the exact time the tag IOC would become available, and when next month rolled around, CG changed their tag from IOC_5 to IOC and named themselves "Idiots On Compuers". The original IOC was forced to take the tag IOC_1. Best troll ever.

-G- cleared out some inactives and recruited some shitters.  Good players' jimmies got rustled so they went elsewhere.

BULBA is the top clan at the moment in my mind.  Almost all other clans don't compare in skill or activity.

Some of said "shitters" were actually just people with some killer XVM camo.  Like 1400 overall and dark purple recents.

This has been somewhat educational for me, and I don't think I first installed this game until 8.7.

I've started seeing HAVOK tags again. What's the TL;DR history on them?

The original IOC was forced to take the tag IOC_1. Best troll ever.

How is IOC(_5) doing? Didn't a bunch of people leave when they decided to take CW super cereal for a bit?

Also, AWFUL formed from a LIMBO drama explosion earlier this year. JIMBO et al seem to be hemorrhaging at the moment do to unrelated drama to which I am not privy. 

Top 5-10: -G-, Esport, Pingu, Pbkac, D-O-S, Mahou

Fixed it

Welcome back! 8.6 was a long time ago, that was the patch they rebalanced arty and stretched it from T8 to T10. Between the probably over 100 new tanks, revamped maps, and pretty extensive tank balance changes (RIP TDs), I dont think anyone here can really do the changes justice. It's probably better to just hop into the game and start relearning things. At this point it's probably easier to list what hasn't changed.

• Arty is the same.
  • Most all of the game mechanics are the same, the only notable change is that you can shoot through small, soft obstacles like fences.
  • Crew skills and equipment are largely the same, including what's considered "good". (Rammer, Vstab, Vents, GLD, Optics)
  • The Chinese tree is the same.
  • SerB is the same.

Tank Company is forgotten as Strongholds is a new form of entertainment among all clans though T6 Strongholds is literally turtlestrat meta

Personal Missions

Team battles

Tank Company is forgotten as Strongholds is a new form of entertainment among all clans though T6 Strongholds is literally turtlestrat meta

What? That's dumb. Tier 6 is (should be?) all about finishing games as fast as possible for the credits. :(

Some of said "shitters" were actually just people with some killer XVM camo.  Like 1400 overall and dark purple recents.

Regardless of that the players who had been in the clan a lot longer were not happy.

NTR is dead

What happened to NTR? I liked them because they had a cool clan logo.

And I hate to ask, but how exactly do strongholds work? I read the WoT page on it, but it's still a bit fuzzy to me.

Clans get a stronghold, which is basically a patch of land where they can build buildings a-la browser RTS. You can queue up to attack other strongholds, like in CW. Winning gives you resources to spend on upgrading your stronghold. The buildings you make can earn you things like a temporary credit income boost for everyone in the clan, an air strike consumable to use in stronghold matches, etc. It's pretty enjoyable, kinda like CW without the aneurisms.