gaol2

AMX 30 MoE very challenging

So I've played just over 100 battles and was very surprised no to have my 1st MoE on the AMX 30 [officially my new favourite tank]. I have been able to maintain an astonishing [for me at least] 66% winrate with almost 2000 dpg and still about 5% away from that fancy white line, when usually by now I'm around the 70%-80% mark by now in similar tier tanks.

Anyone have any tips as to how to get the ever so elusive Mark of Excellence?

Here's a game I played with 5.7k damage and still not even a Mastery...

http://wotreplays.com/site/2058506#airfield-gaol2-amx_30_1er_prototype

>New tank
>Branches of the 13 90, commonly used competitive tank
>30 = fast medium with a good gun=easy to farm

You'll have to do better. There's not enough bad players playing the tank to reduce the values.

Can't get my 3rd mark for the life of me. It's always good game bad game good game bad game.... Starting to hate this tank

It's very popular with good players, so most likely you'll have to wait until bads reach it and wreck the expected values.

I mean, X3N4, Orzy and guys on EU drove it immediately, hard to compete with these guys.

2k dpg is kinda low for a t9 medium as far as pushing for marks goes. The AMX 30 in particular is a med with the t10 gun, which will often be a bit higher expected values even. I'd expect 2.2-2.3k you'd see your first mark in that time.

Are MoE's actually based off an average? I thought they were just WG pre-set...

Also you're not competing against Straik, or Xena really, you're competing against the average of everyone and have to fit in the higher %, they'll always be there, but the more shit players that play it, tends to lower it (If it is population average based)

iirc, it's some combination thereof. If it were only randomly set by WG, the 907's numbers being so much higher than 140/62a would make no sense. And we all know WG always strives for common sense as the highest priority. 

This MoE topics have been discussed countless times, but for those, who can't use google once more:

Your average own+assisted damage in your last 100 games is compared to server population average over the same number of games. If you do very well, you can get 2nd mark with 50-80 games already, as some of the players showed already.

You can look up approx. required values here for example: http://www.vbaddict.net/moe-marks-of-excellence

This MoE topics have been discussed countless times, but for those, who can't use google once more:

Wait, holy shit threads are repeated on WoTlabs? Oh my fucking god that's new and intriguing.

There's not enough bad players playing the tank to reduce the values.

Be patient guys, I am doing my best to drag the averages down, but I am only one potato.

It is an awfully fun tank.

It's very popular with good players, so most likely you'll have to wait until bads reach it and wreck the expected values.

I mean, X3N4, Orzy and guys on EU drove it immediately, hard to compete with these guys.

It took me 101 games or so to get the 3 MOE on it, usually I'm a lot faster. This tank for sure isn't easy to mark. Just too easy to have bad games in it cause it's so paper+ it has a troll gun

It took me 101 games or so to get the 3 MOE on it, usually I'm a lot faster. This tank for sure isn't easy to mark. Just too easy to have bad games in it cause it's so paper+ it has a troll gun

An entire 101 games! You have put shame on your family...

I'll go look at all my tanks with 3 MoEs now....oh wait :( me is scrub. 

What's your opinion on the tank?  How does it compare to the other tier 9 meds?

UGHHHHH I don't know how you guys can stand that tank.......the gun is so troll, it's borderline IS7 reliable......

Played 60 games with all sorts of loadouts, said fuck it and free xped the rest of the way to the better one.  30B is god, Crimson is just butthurt about it :P 

It's definitely below the T9 carry meds (E-50, M46, T-54 and 430 v2). It shits on every other sniper med (type 61, Cent., PT A) cause it is faster, has more DPM and the gun is more accurate. It's a good tank because of the gun depression, the straight line speed, the DPM and because it has a T10 HEAT round. It's not fun to play though because the gun is derpy (Type 61 lvl bloom, it's only better when fully aimed in) and it turns like a fucking IS-7.

It's definitely below the T9 carry meds (E-50, M46, T-54 and 430 v2). It shits on every other sniper med (type 61, Cent., PT A) cause it is faster, has more DPM and the gun is more accurate. It's a good tank because of the gun depression, the straight line speed, the DPM and because it has a T10 HEAT round. It's not fun to play though because the gun is derpy (Type 61 lvl bloom, it's only better when fully aimed in) and it turns like a fucking IS-7.

Interesting, thanks for the overview

The 30 prot is difficult because it can go from good to bad real quick. I finally just got my 3rd mark and its been more of a pain then anything, from the gun just refusing to hit a target at 100m to lighting on fire twice  every other match. Its just rough.

Im averaging 2800+ DPG in my with 150+ battles, barely still over 85% MOE. I have this kinda performance in the PTA, and its triple MOE overnight

Hell, this is how I felt after getting my 2nd in this tank

Am I crazy for wanting to go the 30p and 30b instead of the Batchat?  I can't deal with shit gun handling after being spoiled by RU hovermeds.

Gud Gun

Sexii

Depression

I think I want it.

It's not fun to play though because the gun is derpy (Type 61 lvl bloom, it's only better when fully aimed in) and it turns like a fucking IS-7.

those are the reasons why i rage sold that pos. pta so much better, 

Am I crazy for wanting to go the 30p and 30b instead of the Batchat?  I can't deal with shit gun handling after being spoiled by RU hovermeds.

Gud Gun

Sexii

Depression

I think I want it.

No. Good gun handling, snipe-friendly accuracy, and depression are great things for pub enjoyment. I already have a BatChat and STB-1 which are "objectively" better for competitive play and I still plan to get a 30B. Just don't expect to use it in CW or anything.

I had couple of excellent games in it yesterday. I can't say its better than PTA, its to long since I played it. But its for sure feels stronger as tier 9 than leo1 as tier 10.

Though, I will always take m46 over it every single game, no matter match up and map and team comps.

--

Played another ~30 games yesterday with at least 4-5 major <= 1k dmg fck ups and not a single great game past 5-6k dmg, still got MoE to 89.4%, changed vents for optics before that though, getting 1-2k assisted damage on every half open map helps a lot to progress.

Edited by lazydot