RiflemanUSMC

Was I wrong here?

Was I wrong here?  This french TD was following me down the lake road towards endgame - then it seems he was trying to run me into the lake and he wound up drowning - was I in the wrong?  I wasn't trying to mess with him but he said I was wrong for blocking the road

http://wotreplays.com/site/2062249#lakeville-riflemanusmc-t30

Hey there,

I'd worry less about what some random scrub told you. And worry more about actually doing damage. You did 1 shot of damage in a match with only 3 tds...fire mo....

iVXAGAm.png

serious-fish-69191610160.jpeg

Are you trolling me..green recent 22k battles...yet you carry 12 HE? 
Manual fire extinguisher? 
Match with 3 T9s per side - They have a VK B, which can train wreck your entire city group....you're going to need to deal with him to prevent your T8s bouncing...what were you doing at B8 for so long? Honestly, what were you hoping to shoot after waiting there for so long? If you had gone staight into city, you could have cleared that group before heading back. Which results in your team not losing all their HP....and more damage.

Dude, if you're in a situation where you have to load HE against a t32 in a T30, you're in the wrong spot.  At that point, all you needed to do was drive forward to kill them.  You have the HP and the gun to deal with some measly tier 8 tanks.  Why was the full HP tier 9 tank scared to get in the face of 2 tier 8 heavies? 

At this point, you have been firing HE for so long, you forgot you have it loaded when you back out of valley. Lucky for you, the enemy team's is-3 was low HP.

Once again(13 90)...the full HP T30 is afraid to lose any HP - it might just be me, but I'd be a lot more aggressive in that kind of match up. As a top tier, you've still done nothing to impact that game at all.   
You decide to stay at base and wait for one of the 2 enemy tanks to just come to one of your 6 tanks....not going to happen. WHY ARE YOU STILL NOT FIRING AP?

Sorry if this is seen as rude(why did I say sorry?) but your plays were far from satisfactory. Don't take it as me offending you...just the best way to express how I feel about how you played that match. 

So to answer the OP: 
Yes, you were completely wrong. Not in what happened to the AMX, but in the way you played that game. 

Quick summary:

You don't need 12 HE, seriously...you don't. 
Stop firing HE at things that you won't pen with HE. If you're going to fire HE, you need to make sure you'll pen. If you're not going to pen it, there's no point to shooting at it unless it's to track. 
Be more aggressive - don't fight on the enemy's terms. Give them your own terms delivered with a 155mm shell. 
Use your HP, you have it for a reason.
Please buy an automatic fire ext. It's worth the cost. 

I started heading to town in Lakeville since T30 can double as heavy, and our team had less heavy tanks than red team - but then saw a big red team rush up the valley with many of ours going to city, so went towards valley - got to valley for suppression fire, as that happened city team died.  Moved back to snipe tanks coming out of city - killed one (low HP) then ran down lake road to get the two reds left at base - that was when TD tried to run me into lake - what was wrong with my chain of decisions?  Love advice and constructive criticism :)

VK B went up the valley

I was dropping HE on a hulldown T32

Not trolling - don't get much advice - usually get cussed at

Not trolling - don't get much advice - usually get cussed at

Well, don't see my advice as insulting. See it as something that'll make you remember it a bit better.  But yeah, please don't shoot a hull down T32 if you're certain you can't hit the weakspot.  In this case it didn't matter a lot, but time spent doing that is time your gun is not fully being utilized.  If you find yourself against a tank you can't pen, go to another position. Don't shoot HE at it.  In this case, all you had to do is drive forward.

Note: there is cases in which HE does work against tanks you cannot pen. But that's very situational. 

I don't see your advice as insulting - not at all.  I keep getting that advice "get your gun into the battle" - and when I try it I usually die quickly, even trying to go hull down.  Its why I favor heavy tanks, because at least I can bounce a shot or two while getting my gun into battle.  The weak hull armor on the T30 makes me more conservative in positioning.  I know many of my skill sets need work, so I'm happy to get your type of advice.  Sometimes I don't always understand how to apply the advice though

I don't see your advice as insulting - not at all.  I keep getting that advice "get your gun into the battle" - and when I try it I usually die quickly, even trying to go hull down.  Its why I favor heavy tanks, because at least I can bounce a shot or two while getting my gun into battle.  The weak hull armor on the T30 makes me more conservative in positioning.  I know many of my skill sets need work, so I'm happy to get your type of advice.  Sometimes I don't always understand how to apply the advice though

If you want, I can pluton with you for like an hour or so. 
I'm EU TZ though, so I won't know when you'll be online on NA.  I haven't played the T30 myself, but due to the turret and decent speed I'd find it a pretty enjoyable tank. Not to mention a 15cm cannon which is always a +

Two things you could have done against that T32 instead of HE or just driving forward, if you were -really- that worried about losing HP.

Shoot the commander's hatch (it'll pen), or shoot the bottom of the mantlet, where it angles back into the tank. The shell will deflect and pen the hull most of the time.

HE (especially in high tier battles), is for waffentragers, soft arty, and the occasional unlike pen tank with low HP, like a hull down IS-7. AP in the T30 is your bread and butter round, and will make most tanks go crying back to the garage.

Buffalo444 - thanks for that tip on the T32 mantlet - does that trick work on T29, T34 and T30 as well?  I was shooting over 300 meters I believe - should I try for the hatch at that range?

I kind of enjoy the KV-2 like HE round - killed an E100 that had 360 some HP left  - tried to pop a TD hull down and got killed - lost the game :(

http://wotreplays.com/site/2062420#abbey-riflemanusmc-t30

The trick to getting your gun into the battle is to not sit in one spot for too long unless you are consistently able to shoot the enemy. Always be watching the minimap and playing the angles on your cover in order to get shots off on unsuspecting enemies. If you watch some of Anfield or JunkersHiryu's videos on Youtube, you can see how they find opportunities to put out damage and take little in return, even in the heat of a raging battle. The two videos I've posted below stand out (at least to me) as excellent demonstrations of what I'm talking about. Remember to constantly watch the minimap, and pay attention to EVERYTHING in your immediate vicinity, as well as any firing lines that may give TDs shots on you. Good luck out there!

Edit: sorry that my formatting is trash with the videos. If someone could clean that up I'd be grateful.