Sign in to follow this  
Valan

New Tier 5 Mediums? American M4 Improved; German Pz III K

Noticed two uniquely novel vehicles on the "Studying for Mid-Terms" mission tab, on the NA server today.

American M4 Improved & German Pz III K, each listed a tier 5 medium vehicle. 

Does anyone know anything regarding these two particular vehicles? And how they might fit into the current tier 5 meta-game?

Here's proof of their existence, in the spoiler next to the 'mouse pointer':

A0DNW4C.jpg

WV9M31Q.jpg

They've been sitting around gathering dust in the client for a while, and I'm really not sure what exactly they have in mind for them.  What Jesse said is probably what most likely happened.

The Panzer III K is utter trash and wouldn't even be worth the garage slot it takes up.  Think of a Panzer IV hydro, but worse in pretty much every way other than RoF.  It also has the worst on the move accuracy you'll see on something other than a SPG.  Think FV4005, but noticeably worse.

The thing has mediocre mobility, no armor, ok firepower, and pure shit soft stats.  Would have easily been the worst tier 5 tank.

M4 Improved could be interesting, depending on what sort of MM it gets.  Basically, it's an M4A2E4, but better.

Armor on it actually looks respectable with much thicker sides than a normal Sherman (44-63mm here IIRC), with a good deal of the turret being autobounce head-on.  If it had pref, I would probably get it even though it only has the 75mm from the T14.

M4 Improved could be interesting, depending on what sort of MM it gets.

The MM chart a few patch cycles ago had it with preferred matchmaking, however some time ago that was pulled. So it sees tier 7s

Considering the HD model out for the M4 improved it may be likely it's one of the next wave of mission tanks. Can't see the resources being put into giving the thing the HD treatment if the tank was going to be left indefinitely in purgatory.

I'm not sure if this is just me being foolish, but this idea just popped into my head.

Since the next branch of tanks to be released is the Czechoslovakian tanks, I'm guessing that the German T-25 is going to get removed and replaced by the PzKpfw III K.

If they do this, perhaps to differentiate the Czechoslovakian T-25 to the German one is to give it it's historical auto loading 7.5cm gun.

However, the German S35 is still there even with the French S35 being released. So maybe not.

Since the next branch of tanks to be released is the Czechoslovakian tanks, I'm guessing that the German T-25 is going to get removed and replaced by the PzKpfw III K.

Well the Turan III prototype was leaked

If they do this, perhaps to differentiate the Czechoslovakian T-25 to the German one is to give it it's historical auto loading 7.5cm gun.

According to Silentstalker that's pretty much the plan, it's also a tier higher