astewart

Why waffles are the worst by an average player

The Waffenträger auf E 100 is my most hated tank in the game. I would rather face triple E100 purples than triple random waffles and this is the essence of the problem.

The tank itself is beyond broken, being able to dump 3000 damage in 9 seconds is ridiculous combined with very good aim time and accuracy makes for an unbalanced starting point but this is not my main gripe.

The problem is the calibre of player it attracts. The sort of player who maintains a <50% WR in it. The sort of player who hides the whole game in some random corner and then when you have the misfortune of stumbling across them clips you. These players see the damage and the ease with which you can rack up quadruple figure damage and think "mmm I can actually do damage" without thinking about if it helps the team or not. Now I am just about getting the hang of where to be and how to react to the battle and these idiots in their OP waffles keep killing me and they are idiots. Players who are probably half asleep, one hand down their trousers and with a full clip of APCR/HEAT loaded to maximise their damage. Or in one guys case a clip of HE because it always does damage...

How do you account for the sheer randomness of where you find them and what do you do about this? Arty is fine. I accept I'll get shit on for full health at 50km/h every now and again but I can weave and I can hide but waffles...

Halp plz.

Stay away from the back lines until it's been spotted a first time.

If you do have to advance, make sure you stay close to cover.

And patience, WG is soon replacing this OP thing.  Soon, very soon, as in like 2 years from now, knowing WG ...

im pretty terrible at this game and i rarely have trouble with WTF100s, 80% of the time their just xp pinyatas. their olny dangerous when you dont know where they are and you cant spot them. honestly their pretty easy to deal with

E100 laughs at waffles and just drops a 15cm HE shell into his turret, destroying half his crew, leaving him on half health and with a knocked out gun

Or E100 gets clipped, just like yesterday ;)

I don't have any sound advice for dealing with them. Honestly, I almost feel like it's the reds in them that make them so annoying, because they're so unpredictable and seem to pop out of nowhere and YOLO you...

im pretty terrible at this game and i rarely have trouble with WTF100s, 80% of the time their just xp pinyatas. their olny dangerous when you dont know where they are and you cant spot them. honestly their pretty easy to deal with

Yeah that my issue. When a red in a waffle camps in some random bush. If it's spotted i love it but it's when i have no idea where it is that i struggle

Be glad so many baddies play Waffle. What do you think happens when a good player who doesn't camp and knows how to limit his exposure while delivering his clip wrecks your team.

Stop complaining. Rather you should be thankful for every single time the Waffle driver in the enemy team is a shitter.

How to avoid the WTE100? Go to hilly places. Like the east side of Steppes, the northeast side of Swamp, the west side of Serene Coast, etc. With its massive paper turret that towers over its own gun, the turret being rear-mounted, and a pathetic 5 degrees of gun depression, the WTE100 is absolutely useless at fighting on hilly terrain, making it one of the least versatile tier 10 tanks ever.

I feel that the AMX 50B is a far deadlier tank in general because it's much faster, actually has gun depression, and doesn't have a rear-mounted turret. That also makes it more fun to play, and it can actually win games instead of just farming damage. The 50B can screw you over anywhere, while the WTE100's performance is limited by maps and terrain can be abused against it.

My teams always get the shitter waffles that yolo at a single tank out of cover into the face of five or six different guns and die without even getting half of their first clip off, I actually wish they'd just camp instead.

The enemy team waffles usually get rekt before I do because A. They usually get spotted before I face scout them, B. I'm in my T49 and I spot it first and put a shell into its turret, or C. I get tracked on the first shot, 5-5 back into cover while the waffle gets spotted and hit by arty.

When they don't, it's because D. they're not a shitter and there's no arty 

I life according to Murphy's Law of tank combat. If there is a tank unspotted and I plan on making a move, it will always be in the place I want to go that it would never be expected.

Just live by that rule and a few HE shells and waffles will be a welcome sight :3

The WT was my first tier ten, and I actually hate it for all of the above reasons.  You are NOT versatile at all, and once you dump that insane damage you better have a damn good escape plan because you'll be reloading for the next minute.  Every game in that thing is wait around at the back of the map, shoot stuff for a few seconds, hide for what seems like an eternity as the entire game dynamic changes, reposition and repeat.  It's not fun to fight in or against imo and I couldn't be happier it's getting replaced.

As a side note: I hope the Waffle's replacement is a speedy, stealthy beast with NO armor at all so that it actually fit in with the rest of the tech tree.  My 100% camo crew looks pretty stupid sitting in the thing with the worst camo in the game ._.

I would rather face 45% Waffles (or any other tank) thank 70% Unicums.  The tomatoes are pretty much guaranteeing you'll beat them at least 55% of the time.
Tomato waffle will either camp the back doing nothing all game, then nuke a tank during cleanup, or they'll yolo the enemy, taking them both out.

You may be mad because you happen to be that tank they nuked, but you probably still won the match.  Waffles are XP pinatas, especially for my scouts with HE :)

How to avoid the WTE100? Go to hilly places. Like the east side of Steppes, the northeast side of Swamp, the west side of Serene Coast, etc. With its massive paper turret that towers over its own gun, the turret being rear-mounted, and a pathetic 5 degrees of gun depression, the WTE100 is absolutely useless at fighting on hilly terrain, making it one of the least versatile tier 10 tanks ever.

I feel that the AMX 50B is a far deadlier tank in general because it's much faster, actually has gun depression, and doesn't have a rear-mounted turret. That also makes it more fun to play, and it can actually win games instead of just farming damage. The 50B can screw you over anywhere, while the WTE100's performance is limited by maps and terrain can be abused against it.

50B is for sure better aswell as vastly more versatile, but

50B cant:

• hit you 4x with a 150mm HE shell in the face
  • kill you in ~6 sec with either 128mm AP(CR) or 150mm HEAT

if a WTF E100 wants you dead, you will go dead, there is nothing you can do, its the same with Fv 183 before hesh and speed nerf, if that Fv wants to f**** you he will f*** you, just r-r-r foward, yolo snap shot for 1750 and then he dies.

The amount of WTF E100 (still) herp derping forward in the firts minute, or the opposite, base defending the entire game just to rek you last second is still sickening, and there i no defence, same there is no defence against a CGC mongol who wants you dead...

ps: also purple numbers or ``known clan tag`` (rip if your in FAME) will greatly increase the chance of getting screwed :P

I can hide behind hard cover, hills or draw distance if I don't want to be shot by a waffle. I might even force bounces from the waffle to eventually kill it/allow my team to kill it. Can't do that with arty.

So I was just about to write that I've been 1 shot by arty 2 times in the past 500 games or so when I get full health clicked...

They are a different kind of cancer. Arty is much more random and it's not nearly as likely to get totally wrecked by it. A surprise buttsex Waffle can really ruin your day, even if he gets totally wrecked in return.

So I was just about to write that I've been 1 shot by arty 2 times in the past 500 games or so when I get full health clicked...

They are a different kind of cancer. Arty is much more random and it's not nearly as likely to get totally wrecked by it. A surprise buttsex Waffle can really ruin your day, even if he gets totally wrecked in return.

Yeah, but at least the Waffle driver (1) has to get LoS, (2) put himself at risk of return fire, and (3) doesn't still do crippling damage even if he "misses".

There are few joys in this game more visceral than putting a large-caliber HE round into a waffle. @CraBeatOff can testify to what happens on TS when I accomplish that...

True joy is doing it in a 183 full the entire HP pool.

The Waffle is a total nonissue for me, dunno how you guys fuck up your positioning often enough that it's remotely close to being artied.

Because we're bad? Seriously, though, pubbie waffles are often in poor positions. The bigger issue is usually when you have one alive and you're going in for late game clean up battered from a long fight, and he clicks you out.

True joy is doing it in a 183 full the entire HP pool.

Since I don't have a 183, I just rejoice when I hit them with arty, my E-100, or more recently, the 263.

Yes, that sucks. It's not much different from being stuck in a 1v1 with any autoloader, though. The suffering just ends quicker.

Waffles are only truly a problem when you're forced into a 1v1 (i.e it's the last tank alive) against a loaded waffle, or when you're forced to move past one while spotted and without cover that's chaisniping from 400m+ away. These two situations have happened maybe once in my last half thousand battles. In every other situation they just aren't scary, a pubbie waffle is literally one of the least threatening things on the battlefield. Purples don't touch the thing, and everyone else either stays so far back that by the time they have shots you're already winning by a landslide, or tries to be an active member of combat and gets ripped apart by a couple tanks or arty.

Now, the roomba? That's a fucking scary machine. 335 pen HEAT, 750 alpha, ridiculous camo, 1100 HP to burn through, and only slightly bigger than an ELC. Roombas force unwinnable situations onto me far more than anything else in that entire line. Especially when it had its view range, but even right now you're basically gambling that the 15cm will hug the dirt because there's often no real counter to the tank.

Heh, I actually played the waffle a for a few games recently for TD-15.3. After rolling up 3/4 5.5K games, I finally lucked into a 7.7K game. I promptly shelved it, only to come out when I get to 260 missions.

And yes, the Roomba is scary. You're scouting. Lightbulb goes off. No tanks spotted. Next thing you know you're hit for 750... and he STILL isn't spotted because he's running binocs and a camo net.

The Waffle E100 is only scary when you're caught out of position. But other than that, it's pretty much the only tank in the game where you can be guaranteed that if it's spotted, it's going to die in a few moments.

Roomba can go die in a fire. What kind of fucking genius thinks that a tank with 13 mm of armor should have more health than a tank destroyer based on the chassis of a heavy tank (ISU-152)? Why the fuck does the SU-101 have less health than the Borsig? Makes zero sense.