Rawkes

Hey! 3k games & 1585 WN8 – looking to improve and help out

Hey all,

Finally thought I should introduce myself to the community after using the WoTLabs resources for so long! It's been invaluable for improving my gameplay and stats over the past 2k games.

I'm not bad but I'm not amazing – I make mistakes often but things are starting to click now that I'm actively looking to improve. I'm up to Tier 9 (deliberately holding off T10 for now) and my favourite tank so far is the Cromwell B (so much fun) – that thing just seems to print wins and WN8 for me! Would love to hear recommendations for tanks that play similar to the Cromwell B.

My current stats for posterity:

2015-08-07.thumb.png.5e1c4bc07a4084d1d43

I'm also a developer and am in the middle of creating an external minimap mod (screen below) that gives you a live feed on another screen or your phone, as well as creating a system to automatically analyse previous replays and give you a digestible overview to see where you're going wrong and why (more on that soon).

DZAg6fy.thumb.jpg.3caa2544249758a848aef8

Hoping to get involved where I can and I'll update on the mod and performance analysis tool as they progress.

Rawkes

I'm also a developer and am in the middle of creating an external minimap mod (screen below) that gives you a live feed on another screen or your phone, as well as creating a system to automatically analyse previous replays and give you a digestible overview to see where you're going wrong and why (more on that soon).

This sounds promising, people running dual screens could put the minimap on the other screen for better map awareness.

Also, your skill level is good for the amount of games you've played, and coming here is one of the first step to getting XVM clicked getting better at the game. Just read up on all the information scattered around the forums and watch some replays of the awesome guys here. 

If you want tanks that play similar to Cromwells you're going to have to go for LT's, the problem with this is though is the reduced HP in comparison to Crommies, nothing else in the game plays as similar and is probably why people like the Cromwell so much, it's a light tank that can actually take a few hits before getting sent back to the garage. 

This sounds promising, people running dual screens could put the minimap on the other screen for better map awareness.

That's the plan! I'll make a dedicated thread when I have something more concrete to show – it works but it's not ready for prime-time just yet.

If you want tanks that play similar to Cromwells you're going to have to go for LT's, the problem with this is though is the reduced HP in comparison to Crommies, nothing else in the game plays as similar and is probably why people like the Cromwell so much, it's a light tank that can actually take a few hits before getting sent back to the garage. 

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had much luck with the American lights though I did try them earlier on in my WoT journey so I made more mistakes back then. I quite like the AMX 12 t and have been getting some decent results out of it – nothing like the Cromwell B mind you.

In short, I've certainly found my play-style to be focussed around agility and gun depression – if I can have those and a half-decent gun then I usually play quite well. Still getting to grips with the slower-paced heavy style.

Damn son, 3k battles and already jumping on the improvement train, nice work!

Welcome to the community, nice work on that mod btw it looks nice :)

Thanks! I actively made the decision pre-1k but it's taken me the following 2k games to see consistent results and to fully appreciate a lot of the terminology and things like map awareness.

Looking forward to giving something back.

if you like cromwell you may also appreciate

M7 (i totally loved my m7) or Easy Eight( e8 is  slower) 

A43 - its smaller, has higher dpm, surprisingly bouncy armor and  worse gun handling/depression

also welcome to " getting clicked"  world in a short time:kjugh:

Welcome, I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute to WOTlabs, it is a nice cycle, you come here to learn, and then in turn get to a point where you are the one teaching. Good luck on your journey.

if you like cromwell you may also appreciate

M7 (i totally loved my m7) or Easy Eight( e8 is  slower) 

A43 - its smaller, has higher dpm, surprisingly bouncy armor and  worse gun handling/depression

Thanks! I've had multiple recommendations for the M7 so I'm definitely going to check that one out. Haven't looked into the E8 or A43 much so I'll dig into those too.

Welcome aboard. Impressive for 3k.

I think I was just a bit lucky that I tend to take games semi-seriously from the start so I never let myself play for too long with continuous loses or when it didn't feel fun. When I finally discovered WN8 and stat-tracking, I was already around 1,000 so I had an OK base to work from. I do wonder how many new players ever consider looking into actively improving their gameplay and fun.

Welcome, I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute to WOTlabs, it is a nice cycle, you come here to learn, and then in turn get to a point where you are the one teaching. Good luck on your journey.

Thank you! Hopefully I have something of value to share with others.

Larger map on dual screen sounds nice.

Good to know, I'll hopefully have an update soon.

Ps. I simultaneously hit Blue overall WR and WN8 last night! Now to get over the fear of losing it... o.O