monkey10120

Type 59 HD with 280+ turret armor

Doesnt really change much. Just changes the 1% chance to get an odd turret pen to a 0% chance.

Not really. Tier 9 and 10 guns could pen it on the cheeks and tier 8 guns with gold. No GG you can take it on a tier 10 match and hull down it wouldn't budge.

Well in one of ritas posts WG said that they are changing the parameters on the tank and it wont be keeping these stats.... Like the tank or not, this is the HIGHEST performing T8 Medium across ALL servers.... Next runner up is Pershing... so i'm gunna wager a safe bet and say it was over performing.

Well in one of ritas posts WG said that they are changing the parameters on the tank and it wont be keeping these stats.... Like the tank or not, this is the HIGHEST performing T8 Medium across ALL servers.... Next runner up is Pershing... so i'm gunna wager a safe bet and say it was over performing.

That's because everybody has highly trained crews in it. All tanks will overperform when you put a 5-skilled crew in them.

Without a good crew the Type 59 is a massive turd. One of my friends recently won one and he couldn't stop raging how much it sucks with a 'stock' crew.

yeah i`ve put my 3skills heavy crew into type when i had won one :doge:  currently sitting at 6.52 skills but without it it would be much worse, i dont even want to know how it feels with stock crew:doge:

It's funny seeing all these pubs fawning over these Type 59s that have been turds ever since it was nerfed. 

• No bullshit medium: has medium-like mobility (not a SPershing/T54Proto).
  • Has above average AP pen and a very strong APCR round.
  • Retains borderline retarded armour that is also GETTING BUFFED!
  • No shit-tier -3 gun depression: hell, it has -7!

And people call them "turds" and wonder why those that don't own one are jealous.

Personal bonus points: I PLAYED this fucking game when the Type 59 was on sale. I remember those wolf-pack 8-Type59s-per-side days (although vaguely). I could've bought one, but I was too young to realize what the good tanks in this game are (read: MTs) and bought a fucking Lowe instead. Still can't forget that shit.

• No bullshit medium: has medium-like mobility (not a SPershing/T54Proto).
  • Has above average AP pen and a very strong APCR round.
  • Retains borderline retarded armour that is also GETTING BUFFED!
  • No shit-tier -3 gun depression: hell, it has -7!

And people call them "turds" and wonder why those that don't own one are jealous.

Personal bonus points: I PLAYED this fucking game when the Type 59 was on sale. I remember those wolf-pack 8-Type59s-per-side days (although vaguely). I could've bought one, but I was too young to realize what the good tanks in this game are (read: MTs) and bought a fucking Lowe instead. Still can't forget that shit.

It has perfectly average pen. Quite a bunch of tier 8 meds actually have better pen (Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Centurion, 416). Those not only have better pen, they have way better pen.

Click hull. Don't click turret. It's like you don't want to win when you shoot the turret of a Type 59. Like people already said, this will be a difference of "Can pen turret only by yolo pen" and "Can't pen the turret". And in case you didn't notice yet due to the red mist, the cupola is getting nerfed.

type_head.jpg

And since when is gun depression used to judge a tank? If anything it can be used to judge a player. If you can't deal with a lack of depression you're a shit player. As a matter of fact, I play better in my T-34-3 than in my Type 59.

And just for you, I played a game in the Type on the test server with a shit crew. This is your typical Type 59 game then:

Such amazing mobility, see me struggle to outrun those heavies. And that rate of fire, it's almost machine-gun like! Almost.

It has perfectly average pen. Quite a bunch of tier 8 meds actually have better pen (Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Centurion, 416). Those not only have better pen, they have way better pen.

Click hull. Don't click turret. It's like you don't want to win when you shoot the turret of a Type 59. Like people already said, this will be a difference of "Can pen turret only by yolo pen" and "Can't pen the turret". And in case you didn't notice yet due to the red mist, the cupola is getting nerfed.

type_head.jpg

And since when is gun depression used to judge a tank? If anything it can be used to judge a player. If you can't deal with a lack of depression you're a shit player. As a matter of fact, I play better in my T-34-3 than in my Type 59.

And just for you, I played a game in the Type on the test server with a shit crew. This is your typical Type 59 game then:

Such amazing mobility, see me struggle to outrun those heavies.

Alright bud, I'm gonna assume this is all a bad joke of an argument. But just in case it's not, let's destroy your terrible points.

It has perfectly average pen. Quite a bunch of tier 8 meds actually have better pen (Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Centurion, 416). Those not only have better pen, they have way better pen.

Wow, I didn't know the Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Cent, and 416 are all Premium tanks with Credit multipliers and preferred MM. Guess you learn something new every day!

Silly me, I didn't realize Type 59 players never hull down! Especially with that beautiful low-profile, high gun-depression, Soviet-wedge-like tank style. The only thing you can shoot is the cupola. Good thing Type 59 players are all ass-hats and never wiggle their tank either, making their tank literally impenetrable, amirite? Such a great weakspot! Of course the SP, the only comparable tank in regards to turret armor + pref MM + "medium" (lol) tank has a giant strip of easily pennable armour that's much harder to cover, but naw, the Type 59 is perfectly alright!

This has got to be a fucking joke. The lack of gun depression makes you play better?!?!? Gun depression is not used to judge tanks??!!?!?!?!?!?!
gQeLj.png

If you thought the last statement was bad enough, get a load of this one. You loaded up 50% stock Crew into your Type 59. Even a mouth-breathing 44% tomato knows that NO ONE EVER PLAYS WITH 50% CREW. EVER. Until one has 100% Crew (Skills have much less of an impact, except 6th Sense), you cannot evaluate a tank properly. I didn't even watch the video. Who the fuck compares a 50% Crew Type 59 with some random HTs that I goddamn guarantee are playing with at least 75% Crews?
f9d031e5ece3cef14379307bdb0293e61225f697

Quick edit: The final point I want to make is that the Type 59 can only be compared with other Premiums. It takes a giant dump on all of them due to a combination of mobility, armor, and adequate gun stats and preferred motherfucking MM. This is the real killer here. The funny thing is that without pref MM, the Type 59 would still be arguably better than the T54 Proto (+ some other prems) and inarguably better than the shit-mobile category of prems (T34 + Lowe). Yet it has pref MM, which makes it unbelievably good and is why it's so sought-after.

Alright bud, I'm gonna assume this is all a bad joke of an argument. But just in case it's not, let's destroy your terrible points.

I see I don't have to hold back with my comment either, nice nice.

It has perfectly average pen. Quite a bunch of tier 8 meds actually have better pen (Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Centurion, 416). Those not only have better pen, they have way better pen.

Wow, I didn't know the Indien, Panther II, STA-2, Cent, and 416 are all Premium tanks with Credit multipliers and preferred MM. Guess you learn something new every day!

Is this about the Type 59 being an 'overpowered' tank, or about it being a good credit maker? You're whining about the Type 59 being oh-so op, and credit multipliers have exactly jack shit to do with it.
And lets just take the penetration values of the Super Pershing, T-34-3 and the FCM 50t (which is basically a medium) and see what the their average pen is.

It's 185mm.

What does the Type 59 have? 183mm Edit: It's actually 181mm pen (thanks, arthurwellsley). It also has worse gold pen than those three. So much for a "very strong APCR round". Maybe you should actually do some research before you sprout shit?

You're also conveniently forgetting that the Type 59 has hilariously bad accuracy and aimtime. Even worse than the T-54 Proto.

Silly me, I didn't realize Type 59 players never hull down! Especially with that beautiful low-profile, high gun-depression, Soviet-wedge-like tank style. The only thing you can shoot is the cupola. Good thing Type 59 players are all ass-hats and never wiggle their tank either, making their tank literally impenetrable, amirite? Such a great weakspot! Of course the SP, the only comparable tank in regards to turret armor + pref MM + "medium" (lol) tank has a giant strip of easily pennable armour that's much harder to cover, but naw, the Type 59 is perfectly alright!

Silly me, I didn't realise that everything Type 59 players do is find a hull-down spot and never actually move away from that. Spoiler: It's a medium tank, not a TD, not a heavy, not an arty. It's a medium tank. Medium tanks move (or so I have been told).

Oh I forgot. All Type 59 drivers are super pro that all know how to not get shot in the cupola and everybody it ever meets doesn't know how to hold a shot. I also forgot that all Super Pershing drivers actually don't know how to wiggle and stand perfectly still so they easily get penned in their cupola.

Basically, you're saying that a weak cupola on a Type 59 is still OP because that tank can wiggle, but a weak cupola on a Super Pershing is weak because that tank ...can't wiggle somehow?

Oh, I almost forgot! Did I already said that the aimtime is so shit you have to aim for like 4-5 seconds before you can take a shot? If a Type 59 wants to shoot, he has to sit still. Any form of movement will completely destroy the accuracy.

This has got to be a fucking joke. The lack of gun depression makes you play better?!?!? Gun depression is not used to judge tanks??!!?!?!?!?!?!

You didn't get what I said. Or you didn't want to understand what I said. You missed the point like a Type 59 misses while fully aimed. (And before you misunderstand that as well: You missed the point by miles)

A good player doesn't need gun depression. A good player can handle tanks with no gun depression. A good player doesn't say "This tank has no gun depression so this tank is shit." or "This tank has gun depression so its very good". But for some reason shit players can't play with tanks like that because they can't deal with a lack of gun depression.

If you thought the last statement was bad enough, get a load of this one. You loaded up 50% stock Crew into your Type 59. Even a mouth-breathing 44% tomato knows that NO ONE EVER PLAYS WITH 50% CREW. EVER. Until one has 100% Crew (Skills have much less of an impact, except 6th Sense), you cannot evaluate a tank properly. I didn't even watch the video. Who the fuck compares a 50% Crew Type 59 with some random HTs that I goddamn guarantee are playing with at least 75% Crews?

Guess what! If a tank is absolute garbage with a stock crew, what will it be with a 100% crew? That's right, slightly less garbage, but still garbage. Also, I personally cannot evaluate a tank properly while I'm driving it, but you can apparently evaluate properly while you've never driven one? Also, part of what's shown in that video has nothing to do with a 50% or 100% crew but with crew skills. Get off your high horse please.

Also, how do you know I was using a 50% crew? For all intents and purposes my definition of a 'stock crew' could be a 100% crew.

Here's your video with a Type 59 with a 100% crew, so you have something new to whine about:

Stronk aimtime, no?

Also, how much of that was me being good, or the tank being good, or RNG?

I also have another replay recorded, but if I showed that to you you would instantly whine about RNG because I got a damaged engine with the first shot and a damaged ammorack with the second. We can't have that, can we? Edit: Said replay is with a completely maxxed out crew. It has all skills it can possibly have. And it still gets crit like nothing else, what an amazing tank!

Pyr0freak, you make some valid points, but you also fail to appreciate quite how much the Hype 59 has been nerfed since us owners purchased it. Back in the day WG used to nerf premiums (they do not any more). It was quite possible to play the thing with a 75% crew back then as the terrain resistance was not nearly as poor as it is now. To drive one now it is almost essential to have Brothers in arms, snap shot, clutch braking, smooth ride, and off-road driving, for without that lot the gun bloom is huge, it turns like a Super Pershing, and accelerates slower than most heavy tanks. Of course the statistics for the Hype 59 are off, because (a) it's now an old tank and so most of the owners do have all those perks and more, unlike many other tanks, and (b) because the owners have had the Hype 59 for along time and have stuck with the game, either they have learnt and become better, or were better in the first place, afterall they are still with WOT after a purchase of a Hype 59 made longer than THREE years ago.

I see that you have no Hype 59 in your garage, so really you have no detailed experience of playing the thing. However, you have an FCM. Platoon with a Hype 59 when you are in your FCM. Your FCM will accelerate faster than the Hype 59, which will not keep up with you on most maps, you will be able to snap shot more in the FCM due to better gun handling, yes the FCM is as big as a bus in comparison, but due to speed and gun handling, if you treat it as a fast lightly armoured medium, it has better carry potential than a Hype 59, purely for the ability to get from one point on the map to another before the rest of your team dies, and thus save the day in multiple places. The Hype 59 nowadays lacks the ability to do that. Yes I have both a Hype 59 and an FCM and can play them back to back to compare their abilities.

@Usertemp - actually the Hype 59 is quite a bit worse pene than FCM, it's not the 183 you state in fact it is: 181/241/50, while the FCM is 212/259/45. SO your point is completely valid, but the Hype 59 is even worse compared to others than you remembered.

@ Kolindur/Yung - so you want to buy an account with a Hype 59 on it? Price for my account is 25,000 euro. Account has Hype 59, a few other premiums, 100 tanks, about 90 crews onto at least third perk, most of the tier Xs and  tier VIIIs (used in competetive matches) with even more perk crews. yada yada

Pyr0freak, you make some valid points, but you also fail to appreciate quite how much the Hype 59 has been nerfed since us owners purchased it. Back in the day WG used to nerf premiums (they do not any more). It was quite possible to play the thing with a 75% crew back then as the terrain resistance was not nearly as poor as it is now. To drive one now it is almost essential to have Brothers in arms, snap shot, clutch braking, smooth ride, and off-road driving, for without that lot the gun bloom is huge, it turns like a Super Pershing, and accelerates slower than most heavy tanks. Of course the statistics for the Hype 59 are off, because (a) it's now an old tank and so most of the owners do have all those perks and more, unlike many other tanks, and (b) because the owners have had the Hype 59 for along time and have stuck with the game, either they have learnt and become better, or were better in the first place, afterall they are still with WOT after a purchase of a Hype 59 made longer than THREE years ago.

This. I run my Type 59 with food, fire ext. and jack-of-all-trades on the commander so I could drop the med kit. I might actually put the med kit back in because every other game a crew member dies. It's usually the commander, gunner or driver.

Pick any tank, put a 5-6 skilled crew in it and it suddenly becomes amazing. People regard the Panther 88 to be shit, but when you put a 5-skilled crew in it, it suddenly becomes a speedy snapshotting monster.
But people don't have 5 skilled crews in their Panther 88 so it's regarded as shit.

The Type 59 is basically the opposite of the IS6. Shitter shit on the IS6, but good players love the IS6 to bits.

I see that you have no Hype 59 in your garage, so really you have no detailed experience of playing the thing. However, you have an FCM. Platoon with a Hype 59 when you are in your FCM. Your FCM will accelerate faster than the Hype 59, which will not keep up with you on most maps, you will be able to snap shot more in the FCM due to better gun handling, yes the FCM is as big as a bus in comparison, but due to speed and gun handling, if you treat it as a fast lightly armoured medium, it has better carry potential than a Hype 59, purely for the ability to get from one point on the map to another before the rest of your team dies, and thus save the day in multiple places. The Hype 59 nowadays lacks the ability to do that. Yes I have both a Hype 59 and an FCM and can play them back to back to compare their abilities.

FCM best med EU.

@Usertemp - actually the Hype 59 is quite a bit worse pene than FCM, it's not the 183 you state in fact it is: 181/241/50, while the FCM is 212/259/45.

Thanks, fixed.

It has six mm pen more than ye olde Russian 100 mil. Six milimeter. Six. So overpowered. :hb:

There is no heavy tank that accelerates as fast as the Type 59, its effective HP/ton is about the same as the AMX 50 100, if not better. The gun bloom isn't bad, either; it's just a bit worse than the T-44, although of course the Type 59 has bad base accuracy and aimtime, so every moment the T-44 keeps aiming widens that gap more and more.

FCM is flat out worse, sorry. I loved playing Ziddy's type, the gun is trash but I honestly don't like the FCM's gun either (.2 track dispersion on a tank that goes 51, hoh boy those missed snapshots). The T-54 hull/turret shape combo is completely unbeatable, and it even is a pretty good sidescraper for terrain where the turret isn't going to matter. It's also really nice to be able to hit 170-180mm UFP/LFP thickness with just minor angling, which is a huge advantage because of that super common 175 pen round.

It's a bad damage farmer, and I think as people become more and more damage-centric they've become more and more frustrated with this tank. People want to farm obscene amounts of credits and WN8, and the Type 59 is just not that good at either. It's good at getting things done; it gets where it needs to go, bounces what it needs to bounce, spots what it needs to spot, and pens what it needs to pen. The fact it's relevant in any and all matchups is super cool in my book, you guys can have fun getting spotted at 400m and one-shot by a 40/43 in your FCMs.

The pref MM just makes it more comfortable to play. It doesn't make it a better tank, it just that you don't have to worry about being dropped in a tier 10 match. Would the T-54 Proto with pref MM be a better tank than without? No. It just makes it less infuriating to play because you don't have to worry about tier 10. Would a Super Pershing without pref MM be worse than a SP with pref MM? No. It would just make you cry when you get a tier 10 match. Exactly like you would when your platoonbuddy trolls you and picks a non-pref MM tier 8.

If the Panther 88 had pref MM I would take that over the Type any day of the week, just because I think it's a better tank. Would I play a T-54 Proto (which actually has way better hull armour than the Type 59) with pref MM? Absolutely not.

Pref MM is more than comfort. Just because the absolute power of a tank doesn't change with pref MM doesn't mean the actual power of the tank won't change. Saying something like "the t-54 proto would not be a better tank with MM" is just poking at a technicality that doesn't actually mean much at all outside of your paragraph. Realistically, the T-54 Proto would absolutely be a much better tank with pref MM, and I'd absolutely play it over the Panther 88 any day of the week. Technically a tier 5 with the MM of a T9 is not any worse of a tank than any other T5, but who gives a shit? It sucks.

The pref MM just makes it more comfortable to play. It doesn't make it a better tank, it just that you don't have to worry about being dropped in a tier 10 match. Would the T-54 Proto with pref MM be a better tank than without? No.

Sure it would. To say pref mm doesnt make a tank better is ridiculous. Take the shitty ducky AMX40 and let it only fight against T1 and T2. Would this make a better tank? Hell yes.

Pref MM is more than comfort. Just because the absolute power of a tank doesn't change with pref MM doesn't mean the actual power of the tank won't change. Saying something like "the t-54 proto would not be a better tank with MM" is just poking at a technicality that doesn't actually mean much at all outside of your paragraph. Realistically, the T-54 Proto would absolutely be a much better tank with pref MM, and I'd absolutely play it over the Panther 88 any day of the week. Technically a tier 5 with the MM of a T9 is not any worse of a tank than any other T5, but who gives a shit?

Sure it would. To say pref mm doesnt make a tank better is ridiculous. Take the shitty ducky AMX40 and let it only fight against T1 and T2. Would this make a better tank? Hell yes.

A tier 8 with pref MM would perform the same in a tier 8 match as a tier 8 without pref MM.
A tier 5 with tier 9 MM would perform the same in a tier 9 match as a tier 5 with tier 5 matchmaking.
A shitty AMX 40 with tier 1 matchmaking would perform the same in a tier 1 match as an AMX 40 with normal matchmaking.

Fine, you don't have to learn or be able to execute a certain play style because you don't see tier 10s. Does that make the tank better, or easier to play?

Does that make the tank better, or easier to play?

Both, since being in T10 matches is detrimental to the power of your tank relative to your opponents. It is the only power that actually matters, going on about the absolute power of your tank is just being difficult for the fun of it.