Rawkes

What basic things do you wish you knew when you started? aka. After 3k games I discovered you can hold down the mouse button to fire continuously.

So after 3k games I discovered that you can hold down the mouse button to fire immediately once reloaded -- before this point I was constantly clicking when the reload timer was approaching 1 second to go (I know...).

I also only discovered in the past 500 games or so the joys of enabling the settings for dynamic camera and horizontal stabilisation in sniper mode -- holy crap these made a massive difference to my performance and accuracy in sniper mode! Why these aren't enabled by default I have no idea.

What (potentially embarassingly) basic things do you know now that you wish you knew when starting out?

I played without arty view for the first 3-5 games. When someone pointed out I could press shift I was amazed. (had less than 100 games played I think :P)

I played without arty view for the first 3-5 games. When someone pointed out I could press shift I was amazed. (had less than 100 games played I think :P)

Ok, I feel a bit better now! :D

That you can switch a crew from a tank to a premium tank of the same type and country for free with no retraining required.

I want my five bucks back. :facepalm:

Not a big deal, but you can change the order of shell types for tanks (i.e. set HE to primary for German 105 derp and KV-2 152). The big one for me was that you could get gold ammo for- get this- CREDITS. I think I discovered that around 7 or 8 thousand games in. In my defense I came around I think 8.2 when I really don't think you could do that, but it was still a huge shock to find out lol.

I learned about horizontal stabilization about 800 games ago. Magical thing it is.

Also even though you can hold the button down to continue firing, dont because too often the target dies and you unclick a second or two before and the gun still fires. Its quite annoying.

Also even though you can hold the button down to continue firing, dont because too often the target dies and you unclick a second or two before and the gun still fires. Its quite annoying.

Get SafeShot for this! It's pretty much a must-have.

Get SafeShot for this! It's pretty much a must-have.

I tried that. It very rarely actually works for me. Id say it stops maybe one shot every ten or so games and quite often if may stop a shot I still want to fly like when aimed at an enemy but cursor is on a ally and such because driving.

I tried that. It very rarely actually works for me. Id say it stops maybe one shot every ten or so games and quite often if may stop a shot I still want to fly like when aimed at an enemy but cursor is on a ally and such because driving.

Thats really weird, I've never had safeshot ever fail me, and during all the thousands of battles I've been using it it's only stopped one shot I wanted to take. You sure you had it installed right?

Thats really weird, I've never had safeshot ever fail me, and during all the thousands of battles I've been using it it's only stopped one shot I wanted to take. You sure you had it installed right?

yup, its been installed. It does occasionally stop rounds from flying but more often it will fire and then put up some writing in russian that I cant read. I also know it stops shots at allies unless I am hitting alt, brings up some warning and sends something into the chat.

So after 3k games I discovered that you can hold down the mouse button to fire immediately once reloaded -- before this point I was constantly clicking when the reload timer was approaching 1 second to go (I know...).

I also only discovered in the past 500 games or so the joys of enabling the settings for dynamic camera and horizontal stabilisation in sniper mode -- holy crap these made a massive difference to my performance and accuracy in sniper mode! Why these aren't enabled by default I have no idea.

What (potentially embarassingly) basic things do you know now that you wish you knew when starting out?

Me too -- also at least 3000 games for holding the button down. I was clicking like mad with autoloaders.

The out-of-game garage stuff took me forever -- like checking off that box for accelerating crew training. Boy, did I have a lot of free experience.

Super embarrassing... but I did not learn pressing 'C' reloads your clip. I used to empty by clip in my Waffle E100 by shooting the air in order to get a full reload.

My friend who got me into this game actually taught me stuff like holding down the RMB to lock the turret so I was lucky I guess. I only knew about the C key being reload and the T key being requesting fire at around 4k games but those are not too essential I guess. I wasn't playing autoloaders before 3k games so not knowing reload was fine. 

The requesting fire button does seem to help brain dead pubbies to be aware that an enemy is within line of fire a little more I think.