Rawkes

What basic things do you wish you knew when you started? aka. After 3k games I discovered you can hold down the mouse button to fire continuously.

I've literally spent 15k battles perfecting my shots to hit what I aim when bouncing over rough terrain...

:retard:

Edit: this works in first person as well, right?

Erm. Um. I'm in the same camp - just tried this for the first time last night.

My game play didnt feel much different though. I experimented driving around in sniper mode and noticed less whiplash bouncing of the scope but that was about it. Since I dont drive much in sniper mode this didnt make much of a difference. Also since I am broke after the sale this weekend I was mainly Bromwelling credits which means zoom zoom driving and autoaim+ right-clicking FTW, so maybe another reason why I didnt notice.

How do I make the most of this? Use sniper mode while moving more? Please illuminate me.

ITT: I'm scared silly by my fellow wotlabbers.

Also a heads up on horizontal stabilization, it doesn't work on tanks that don't have 360 degrees of turret traverse. So for the 416 and 430v2, you're shit outta luck.

How do I make the most of this? Use sniper mode while moving more? Please illuminate me.

Basically, yeah. The dynamic camera is mostly noticeable when in sniper mode and driving around (less / no bouncing), and you'll notice horizontal stabilisation most when in sniper mode and trying to keep a nearby tank in your sights while simultaneously traversing your hull – the gun stays on the tank rather than moving with the hull (so long as your turret traverse is greater than the hull traverse). While you may not notice it, horizontal stabilisation will have an effect in any other situation where you're trying to keep your gun on a tank while traversing your hull.

[..]

I also only discovered in the past 500 games or so the joys of enabling the settings for dynamic camera and horizontal stabilisation in sniper mode -- holy crap these made a massive difference to my performance and accuracy in sniper mode! Why these aren't enabled by default I have no idea.

[..]

Wow... Should have known this 6000 games ago. :)

I applied the advice of a semi-tomato youtuber as for my in-game settings and only after ~11k games revisited the subject and re-adjusted my aiming settings and what not, to super unicum style. What a difference it made. I also didn't use to have vertical stabilization enabled. Also, 7k games before I learned keeping the trigger pushed would not only fire autocannons continuously, but also normal guns (the shame).

But how do you rearrange ammo types for keys 1-3? :eww:

But how do you rearrange ammo types for keys 1-3? :eww:

in the consumable dialog, click on the ammo icon, and it will ask you which type to switch locations with it.

I wish I had known that doing all the tweaking and shit like that with the crews was worth it, as well as utilizing premium tanks as crew trainers. I thought it was too big of a hassle back in the day.  

I was at approx. 1000 games before I figured out CTRL key and left or right clicking players in the player panel to complain, join platoon, select player to view after dying, etc

I also just learned about the X key to lock the hull a few days ago, but I rarely play TDs, so it hasn't been much of an issue, so far, excepting the M3 Lee that I had to work through and immediately sold after I unlocked the next tank. 

@ 5000 games = Discovered auto-aim feature

@ 8000 games = Discovered dynamic camera, used to fire on the move in 3rd person view before this