MotorizedPatriot

Is The Jt88 Worth Getting?

Question

I have two ways of reclaiming this tank:

1. Asking support to give it back

2. Wait for tourney to end for 14,000 gold, and buy it free

But I'm wondering if I should waste my only ticket on the JT88, or if I should waste 14k free gold on it either.

I have lots of experience in the JT, and I've been testing the JT88 on test. So far, it's good, but I've found it to be a little lacking in getting actual kills. I'll do 2-3k damage, but I don't actually kill anything.

So, is it worth re-buying in any of the above fashions?

12 answers to this question

The main job of premium tanks is to grind credits or in the cases of tanks like the IS-6, pad your stats to the high heavens, and since the Jagdtiger 88mm clearly can't do the latter, I'm assuming you're getting it for the credit-grind.

Be forewarned though, while on paper it certainly looks like the Jagdtiger 88mm will be a great credit-making tank, take into consideration how thoroughly un-enjoyable it is to play. While you can certainly match the T59's profits in the same stretch of games, to be able to play that stretch of games to begin with is the most difficult task with such a slow and boring tank like the Jagdtiger 88mm, whereas doing the same in a T59 is very enjoyable due to it's great combination of all traits, speed, armour, and firepower. 

In other words, it feels like less of a grind, and seems to pass by faster in a T59 due to the fun factor, but with the JT88mm, it will feel like you're being punished every game. 

imo, no, it's nice but it's too slow for me to enjoy at all

if you're after a premium, i'd be looking at the is-6 or the su-122-44

imo, no, it's nice but it's too slow for me to enjoy at all

if you're after a premium, i'd be looking at the is-6 or the su-122-44

Unfortunately, I've owned the SU-122-44, and if you know how much I hate the Indien-Panzer's aim time and dispersion, you will also find I dislike the SU-122-44's.

I have a few clan mates who swear by the JT 88, but it's really too situational to be a consistent performer.  City maps where you can hull down you'll do great; open maps with arty, you'll hate your life.  The low top speed and poor turing will really limit your ability to get to a place you can help your team.

I'd suggest something like a SP (since the type is gone) or IS6 depending what your budget is.  The SP makes good money for what it costs, has a great gold round and if you know what your doing the front is just trollish.  And well the IS6 is just great, good dpm, adequate pen for what it sees and what might be the best t8 heavy armor package.  

It's a decent enough tank as far as credit earning is concerned. But ask yourself: Just how much fun do you think you'll have grinding millions of credits from behind a bush?

I don't see a lot of advantages for getting the JT88 over most of the other premium tanks. The few that is has is the near impossible to pen top half from the front and the fast shooting and decent pen gun (for premiums). Unless, you want it to train other German TD crews I would say it is an absolute waste of gold. The no turret, weak side armor, slow traverse speed, slow movement speed, and mediocre camo really hurt this tank over all. IS-6, especially after the patch, is probably the best premium.

I seem to be the only person out there that thinks the JT88 is any sort of fun. I can see why it's not liked for the most part cause it is a massive brick of a tank but I love being able to fire every 4 seconds at someone and just whittle them away. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a guy try to poke a corner on me and I've tracked him and just keep him there till he runs out of HP which sadly takes a number of shots cause it doesn't do all that much damage per shot.

If you are looking for something that is pure credit grind it's great for that. But I think you have to reallly like TDs to consiter it any sort of fun. Also helps that I have my really nice JPE100 crew in the thing.

Unless you absolutely need it as one more money maker or a German TD-crew building, no. 

It is a fine vehicle in it's own right, with a terrific gun in tier and preferred matchmaking, but it is painful, too. It loses the engine constantly due to frontal transmisssion damage. 

Preventive maintenance prevents you from burning 2 times a game but nothing in the world can prevent you from losing the engine 2 times a game, which is not unusual. I sold it cause I have a bevy of tier 8 preferred MM's and this one is redundant. 

If one more premium tier 8 for you, too, would be redundant, don't get this back. 

PS -- if you have nothing else to get back for free cause you haven't sold any other premium tanks or don't desire the other ones, fine, but I wouldn't spend gold on this unless you only have 1 premium 8 money maker. 

In the list of prem T8s, the JT88 is about at the bottom of the list. Granted, it can make a decent amount of credits given that it doesn't have to fire gold nonstop like the IS-6, but if you like sniping/support and don't want to fire heavy gold them get the FCM.

T34 is also a good earner even without a limited MM, probably the easiest t8 prem to average 70k profit on wins with.

Type59 is the most enjoyable imo but unavailable to most.

What tanks can you possibly choose from to get back that you may have sold?

If jag88 is the most expensive one then it makes sense to get it back.