Haswell

Adventure into Weabooland (how am I not amerifat?)

So I'm enjoying a well deserved vacation to Hokkaido, figured I could use a thread to help me understand squiggly languages.

Senpai welcomes me <3. Also has meds for everything.

DHIPhlX.jpg

Apparently I just missed a rock festival of sorts, are any of these bands famous?

BfNJYIS.jpg

Primary targets acquired, must assimilate Japanese whiskeys into my collection. Will visit the Yoichi distillery to pick up a couple bottles of Nikka.

WgsIIaz.jpg

Lastly, wtf is Nippon ham? :doge:

sDWKyKD.jpg

I require assistance for cultural enrichment. Halp. :kitty:

If you're being serious, Nippon Ham is a food processing company.

Unlike in the US where a single family or a holding company owns a baseball team and names the team after its home grounds, the corporate owners of the Japanese baseball team are branded on it. 

Other examples are like the Seibu Lions - Seibu is a railway company that also operates department stores and hotels, Yomiuri Giants - Yomiuri is a newspaper company

Only group I'm familiar with in that RSR Festival poster is Perfume...

Found me some ice cream, it was damn good <3. The ice cream man is a chap from Colorado?!? (Shifty is that you?)

XKTmWma.jpg

Sadly, no that is not me......

I'm from Texas :) But I'm super jelly that you're in Japan!!!!! Bring me back some super amazing sushi or something <3

Don't forget to try some of the more unique menu items at McDonald's over there (Like the shrimp patty sammich!), and some of the really good convenience store food :D

In regards to the band poster Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas I know of and can probably identify a few more once I remember my hiragana/katakana skills.

Ironically one of the names transcribes to Yunikoon, the unicum's band of choice

Don't forget to try some of the more unique menu items at McDonald's over there (Like the shrimp patty sammich!), and some of the really good convenience store food :D

Don't forget Pizza Hut, I have never seen more ridiculous awesome looking pizzas yet. Also KFC, because Kurisumasu :P

What does this bottle say?I think it's a potato shochu, but I can't understand the writing. Whatever it is, it's good :doge:

<pictures of fermented potato in a bottle>

KITASATO - a sweet potato shochu made in Hokkaido using Kogane Sengan (a sweet potato variety)

Original shochu brew - Sapporo Shusei Co., Ltd

KITASATO is the first original Hokkaido-produced sweet potato shochu. It is made from sweet potatoes (Kogane Sengan) cultivated by our partner farms in the municipal town of Assa, Hokkaido. This shochu carries the delicate fragrance of sweet potatoes and the refreshing taste of a Hokkaido brew.

Original shochu: 25% alcohol, 720 ml. Ingredients: sweet potatoes, rice-malt (Hokkaido-produced rice).

<company address>

- Please be careful when opening.

- Please drink responsibly, and only after reaching the age of 20.

- Pregnant or nursing mothers who drink risk causing harm to their children.