Haswell

Adventure into Weabooland (how am I not amerifat?)

My weebventure continues, can I get come translations of interesting stuf?

Visited a cheese factory (http://www.furano-cheese.jp/, forgot to take pic of the entrance), literally found cheese with wine.

4yYkDU5.jpg

Also found some delicious milk from the Furano region. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's better than any milk I ever tried, so rich and filling. Almost like a light cream in fact. Also results in fucking amazing ice cream.

SZU58Ji.jpg

kyiXGdV.jpg

sKZJkeb.jpg

Went to a winery next, it was just down the road. Also picked up a bottle of 2013 pinot noir (no pics yet, still wrapped in a pound of bubble wrap).

bNdxj5q.jpg

x6crrZf.jpg

Some infographics, definitely need translations.

bJf5FWN.jpg

PwpnWdm.jpg

g7GT4IO.jpg

wGDjRnQ.jpg

GD61XYx.jpg

More wine. I will die happy if I can stay here.

hYrQ4lz.jpg

3wla5fT.jpg

0DxKz61.jpg

ttwz5bb.jpg

gEmbpvA.jpg

CARrCej.jpg

Y31raC1.jpg

AU5SNyF.jpg

S4u9MxG.jpg

uL6G2YG.jpg

i52lAB0.jpg

ZSFy7an.jpg

There's even wine jam, whatever it is.

EQn7FHY.jpg

Some scenic pics Trumpetah asked for, outside the winery.

bQPpzhq.jpg

wyNMvpF.jpg

Next stop is a flower farm. A bunch of flower farms in fact, they are all bunched up together. Got some amazing views that could never be seen in murica.

wHsisRD.jpg

ZCS2Xa3.jpg

TxzDjOQ.jpg

UAk5pLu.jpg

JtvqWGP.jpg

yCEe7A4.jpg

pbW3y5e.jpg

6IFVcup.jpg

rdAbbg4.jpg

YJMKCW9.jpg

xZYQgQT.jpg

6Bhh5rG.jpg

4n3JF0C.jpg

vtJkndJ.jpg

hK2pLxu.jpg

XcXsfFs.jpg

faXOGJ5.jpg

5u2ODLC.jpg

I17G9u6.jpg

RO4BytP.jpg

Pit stop in the middle of nowhere, at a dining hall/souvenir shop of sorts.

qLzCFye.jpg

ipspeWA.jpg

Had an impromptu stop at a pond, there were a shit ton of tourists and I said why the hell not. The water is teal probably because of copper deposits from springs nearby and sulfur deposits from volcanoes (aqueous CuSO4 is blue), plus all sorts of aquatic vegetation. I'm sure the sign gave a much better explanation, if only I can read squiggly language.

3wtc54v.jpg

abdP71t.jpg

Iavwmqr.jpg

0BLYAA6.jpg

Last stop before I hunker down in Niseko for the night. Found more cheese...

Get dehydrated french fries in a bag. Forgot the name. You'll thank me later.

... and that I did.

JxInxCv.jpg

CVri383.jpg

Expect plenty more derpage tomorrow :doge:

I'm sure the sign gave a much better explanation, if only I can read squiggly language.

Why the lake exists: When Tokachitake erupted in 1988, a concrete embankment was built to protect the town from volcanic mudslides.  Construction was completed in 1989, and due to water later filling up the dam, the blue lake was formed.

Why the lake is blue: Water from the nearby Shirogane hot springs area, such as the white whisker waterfall with dissolved Aluminium mixes with the Biei river and forms invisible colloids which refract light of blue wavelengths that are seen by observers of the lake.

*Note: Detailed explanation of why the lake is blue has not been fully understood yet.

Sadly, no that is not me......

I'm from Texas :) But I'm super jelly that you're in Japan!!!!! Bring me back some super amazing sushi or something <3

I was thinking of the other Shifty :doge:

Super amazing sushi is a go, tomorrow, after I rampage over the Yoichi distillery.

Full coverage of today's derpage. Mainly food based. And booze.

First thing in the morning, went to a lake that isn't teal this time :doge:

JnmSHWL.jpg

fYD2VUT.jpg

bsWN1Rh.jpg

uuxqNKY.jpg

Next up, food. Fucking glorious food. I didn't take pics of stuff I actually ordered since it's terribly impolite to do that, so this will have to do. It's seafood after all, go figure.

1ip2Aef.jpg

BPauy9Y.jpg

LLDzwbB.jpg

KR2yEo7.jpg

lsfB8w6.jpg

PwYsrPN.jpg

FGDYHda.jpg

Can't eat Japanese food without sake now, can I? Translation pls?

eP7P1Sz.jpg

cNeoYvw.jpg

Record of my carnage

Py91NyV.jpg

Still respectfully drunk, I headed out to the Yoichi distillery of Nikka Whisky. Because everyone should visit this fine place of Japanese scotches for free taste testing <3 I was still drunk, forgive the blurriness.

p4A7FLV.jpg

408iGIY.jpg

7KJMR1p.jpg

7vquvqz.jpg

FKksjB4.jpg

ct9ysNz.jpg

Hf7H4xw.jpg

E5A5G5M.jpg

7MAzBiL.jpg

Went to Otaru next for a "quick" pit stop, took a look around Venetian-styled canal. And food.

jVg9Cqv.jpg

0LNGT7q.jpg

CAHA4Vo.jpg

UcSdxeK.jpg

y1vKNFu.jpg

kp1uoyk.jpg

This is the lord of all pepe :doge:

oc7SwEO.jpg

THbcZQZ.jpg

xLkLcyt.jpg

9Pnn8Zo.jpg

I don't know what these two are, but they looked interesting anyways. :kitty:

X5ajCnE.jpg

lPCZ4pO.jpg

SyDvtLz.jpg

U9Lh2IR.jpg

More shochu? And of course, chocolate. Nobody should leave Hokkaido without a pound of chocolate in their luggage.

cljKwY5.jpg

T8tKwFo.jpg

KFDndEw.jpg

AiHhfKZ.jpg

jgMRHjq.jpg

Now I'm crashed in the middle of Sapporo. Any advice what I can do here tomorrow? Aside from gorging myself with food of course.

Though spending another day eating my ass off doesn't sound bad at all :doge:

My weebventure continues, can I get come translations of interesting stuf?

Also found some delicious milk from the Furano region. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's better than any milk I ever tried, so rich and filling. Almost like a light cream in fact. Also results in fucking amazing ice cream.

SZU58Ji.jpg

kyiXGdV.jpg

sKZJkeb.jpg

It's been a while since I lived there (was in Aomori), but IIRC there Japanese were not big on homogenized milk ( with it's infinitely varied percentages of milkfat) like you find in the U.S. . It was Pasteurized, but you had to shake the bottle a bit or else you got a glass of cream for the first shot. (If you shook it too much you'd have made butter.)

I was thinking of the other Shifty :doge:

Super amazing sushi is a go, tomorrow, after I rampage over the Yoichi distillery.

I am in Okinawa, it's like a 6 hour flight south.  But if you are coming through, on a side note...

Google Translate can translate the text in a photo, if you have internets...it helps A LOT.

Shfty©

P/S:  I am from Alabama, Colorado is like another planet according to my edujewmacation

It's been a while since I lived there (was in Aomori), but IIRC there Japanese were not big on homogenized milk ( with it's infinitely varied percentages of milkfat) like you find in the U.S. . It was Pasteurized, but you had to shake the bottle a bit or else you got a glass of cream for the first shot. (If you shook it too much you'd have made butter.)

Probably it is lactose free too. Which will make it sweeter than "normal" milk.

As far as I know Asians are lactose intolerant? I know that I am and it is not funny.

There are many countries where almost all milk you can buy is lactose free (Sweden e.g.?).

More than 70% of the world population can not digest lactose.

I should feel proud for being able to guzzle gallons of ice cream without giving a single fuck then. :doge:

Proud and happy.

In Germany it is still "drink your milk child, it is good for your health".

And then you have the cramps all your life, the diarr....aeh, get your appendix removed for no reason, get hay fever, neuro dermitis and nearly die.

If you are lucky (as I was) I found a Doc when I was 30 who knew what was wrong with me (it was so bad I really thought I would die).

He diagnosed my lactose intolerance...1 week later my stomach calmed down for the first time in my life. My hay fewer vanished and never came back.

Happy now for 15 years....

Drink your milk children, it is good. Yeah....